Grey Wolf

Airborne all the way!
Jan 21, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
no idea
I dunno.
I just noticed not long ago that I talk in two voices. not split personality or anything.

as in, when I'm thinking or speaking freely without thinking or with my friends or not one on one with anyone, I tend to speak in a way.

when I'm thinking carefully, talking to strangers or to people one on one, I tend to have a lower different voice.

strange huh

anyone else is like this?

any reasons for this?

I think everyone has a different tonality in their voice in certain situations, whether they're aware of it or not. I know that I speak too quietly around people I don't know or in public, but a little louder when i'm with a close friend. Either way, I speak too quietly anyway.

yeah i do it all the time

When I'm with close friends and we're doing something fun my voice tends to become a lot higher and energetic.

My voice is usually very relaxed, low and earthy from what I've been told.

When I'm with close friends and we're doing something fun my voice tends to become a lot higher and energetic.

My voice is usually very relaxed, low and earthy from what I've been told.

sounds exactly just like me :m187:

I use different voices depending on the situation I am in, or if I want to emphasize something. I try to be as clear in my verbal communication as I possibly can. I also can talk very fast. I grew up in New Jersey, but people from there have told me I talk fast too.

My voice variations include:
  • "Hello stranger"
  • Contempt politeness
  • Intimidated politeness
  • "Who are you? Leave me alone"
  • Friends familiarity
  • Around the house + family
  • "You're weird"
  • Care free
  • Awkward + shy
  • Reserved for little kiddies
  • I'm teasing
Plus many more :D I think because I'm so aware of how I'm going to say stuff to people I just end up talking differently all the time.

My voice changes, and often my complete mannerism. I talk and act differently as the situation calls for it.

Mine changes a lot too. I amuse myself. It's funniest when I pick up on people's strong accents and start to reflect them in my speech. I can't avoid doing it. I'm very softly spoken also, according to other people, which annoys me, because I can hear myself perfectly well in my own head :p Life eh ;)

Have you ever noticed people when they talk on the phone? Most people I know have a "phone voice" which I think is hilarious, but I have one too. I have lots of different tones and ways of speaking in different situations. I too pick up on accents and even phrases. The interesting thing I notice I do though, is I act dumb sometimes, which goes with a higher pitched voice. I'm not dumb. I'm very bright, but I think it's a bit of a defense mechanism. All I know is I hate my higher pitched voice. And yeah, I speak too quietly for most people too.

I loveeee accents :mblow:

especially the Irish and Scottish accents :m114:

I do it also, I'm glad someone else does to.