[PUG] - Suicide is Acceptable | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Suicide is Acceptable

Suicide being right or wrong is different with each individual story. For example : What if a hermit with no family committed suicide? No one knows her/him, doesn't effect society, its as if nothing happen the next day.

I think one should strive to look for alternatives but in the end you know what's best for you. If you have family make sure they are taken care of. Perhaps I am just playing the other side here but I think most people commit suicide for the wrong reason. However I believe that for many who die for the wrong reasons there must be a few where suicide was the best solution.

What about God, God loves the hermit.

suicide is a tragedy
in a lot of ways because it so rarely has to happen
there are usually better alternatives
it causes suffering to other people, sometimes for life, and may or may not alleviate the victim's suffering, because nobody knows what happens after death
it breaks my heart when people talk about wanting to kill themselves
it makes me want to do something for them, anything
i just don't want anyone to feel that desperate, that alone
in certain extremely rare circumstances i could see it as being the lesser of two evils
but in most cases, it's just tragic

:angel:

Here's my reply.

I think suicide is a personal choice! And I think it is acceptable for those people who do really (in fact) suffered a lot in their lives, and the situation seem to them will not change...

"Yes, I accept it." ~ I wanna die!!!! Cause I feel so sad for my life!!

:m142:

Last edited:
Suicide is that person's choice. I find it interesting that many who commit suicide have pretty decent lives, they don't need to worry about horrible diseases or extreme violence. Life always sucks, some just find that it sucks more relative to their surroundings. The key is to find the one thing that keeps you going, the one part of your life that's worth living. If you truly have none, you aren't looking hard enough. If you really really don't have one, why not simply change your life instead of giving up?

So much food, water, care, and sunlight was poured into you to get you here. You aren't a waste. There is still time to make something worth living, to give back to humanity instead of taking away.

What many suicides don't realize is the selfishness of their actions. They harm so many people in killing themselves, and for nothing. They don't realize how much they are loved, or the damage they do.

I always want to help someone who is feeling this way, hell I'll even be your only thing that keeps you going. But I can't keep you from that decision, nobody can. Yeah, it's frowned upon, but who cares? You'll be dead. This is about you and your responsibility to do something before you leave this world, and cope with your suffering.

Is something going on in your life Dragon? Are you considering suicide?

what a complex and complicated issue. for me so many things come to mind, not just euthanasia, but also political suicide. i think it's just too difficult to judge universally as a moral imperative, as acceptable or not.

i do think that it is wrong to judge those who have succumbed to mental illness as weak or cowardly or selfish or anything like that. sometimes, in the depths of despair, people are capable of formulating very convincing and very selfless arguments about why the world would be a better place without them, and it can take a massive degree of willpower to carry out the suicide. while the arguments may have become distorted in lacking an alternative, more optimistic or realistic, perspective, these people can't accurately be called selfish or weak.

i also think there's something "incorrect" about judging people as weak. i think there are some pressures that are too great to be tolerated and they can break a person beyond the point where the gathering of personal strength is possible. the person is not strong or weak, it's not in them to be either, they're too broken by circumstances that have been outside their ability to control to be measured on that scale. i don't think there's a certain type of "weak" person who can be broken in this way. i think that subjected to the right amount of the right kind of pressure, which can only be an individual thing, anyone can be broken in this way. i do think someone can heal from this, but at that point, i don't think evaluations of strength are really very meaningful.

i do think it's very sad though, for someone to end up like that. it seems like such a waste of possibility. and in a way i really connect with what @Nucky: and a number of other people have posted about people caring., but it may just be because i personally value the redemptive and transcendent capacities of friendship so highly. learning to care for others and to recognise the care of others as meaningful can make magic between people. you can always learn to build more meaningful relationships with others. my loved ones really keep me going.

i would say sometimes acceptable, always tragic.

Last edited:
What many suicides don't realize is the selfishness of their actions. They harm so many people in killing themselves, and for nothing. They don't realize how much they are loved, or the damage they do.
I don't think suicide is such a very-selfish act. Instead, I think they kill themselves for reasons, and I think there is a lack of the right understanding to that person (who really wants to kill oneself) from the other people. =(

Last edited:
I've considered suicide many times over my lifetime, but somehow it didn't feel right acting upon them. The reasons were not moral or social but rather spiritual. I somehow unconsciously know that killing myself and thinking that I will cease to exist and therefore my problems are going to vanish because of it is not what's going to happen. On the contrary, I think that those problems somehow, someway follow you forever until you deal with them and break free from the inflictions of the mind where the problems arise in the first place.

I'm a firm believer in karma. Not in the metaphysical aspect of rewards and punishment but rather of cause and effect. If I punch you in the face, there is going to be a result for that action: the person punching you in return. I somehow think that if I kill myself, its result will result in me being born again and again until I extinguish that karmic seed that is producing my suffering and is taking me to take my own life. Until the root of my suffering hasn't been identified and destroyed, I will keep coming back to a miserable life, dealing with the same issues over and over again.

But in a broader aspect, it's up to the individual to do what feels right. If suicide is among them, so be it.

How can suicide be a reasonable decision?
How does suicide feel right?

I can tell you, I've also had suicidal thoughts (many years ago) and they never felt right. They were terrifying and I was always secretly concerned that I was going to snap and irrationally end my own life, that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from doing it.

I can't help but see serious suicidal tendencies as anything other than an indicator of a mental illness that can be treated or some horrific life circumstance that can be overcome.

How can suicide be a reasonable decision?
How does suicide feel right?

I can tell you, I've also had suicidal thoughts (many years ago) and they never felt right. They were terrifying and I was always secretly concerned that I was going to snap and irrationally end my own life, that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from doing it.

I can't help but see serious suicidal tendencies as anything other than an indicator of a mental illness that can be treated or some horrific life circumstance that can be overcome.

I can see where you're going with this acd.

I think though too, that it's individualistic... Fear is healthy, and you mention that it is fear which stopped you from ultimately going too far. Imagine living in such fear though, that there was actually less fear in going that far, than not? Some people live this way, and people can say what they like and I can completely see their point, but I myself know that as I am not fearful of death but moreso rather curious of it and yearning for an end to my own mental pain; what I'm really still here for is the people who I know would be so broken if I followed though. (children etc). Again, not a way to live really, and it is part of my daily struggle to live and feel "normally" with my social anxiety and my BDD.

BDD is an interesting disorder and I am willing to discuss it from time to time in hopes of educating others as to what I actually deal with on a daily basis. It's under control now, but I will once again post these two youtube vids as they contain the subject of suicide. I hope this helps others to understand that death is not scarier that life to a few of us who are unfortunate to struggle with mental pain:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAuc2xAM7-8"]YouTube- Mirror, Mirror: Body Dysmorphic Disorder - Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT1tnfejcWI&feature=related"]YouTube- Mirror, Mirror: Body Dysmorphic Disorder - Part 2[/ame]

So Dragon I hope I'm not derailing your thread, but contributing to the discussion regarding suicide.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's acceptible if they don't feel it is, I'm just trying to spread awareness of why a few of us have these thoughts, and how our quality of life is less that those who don't have something this extreme. I am stable now, but there have been times in my life where I wasn't. I'm also aware that sharing this about myself has been the best way to shed the shame that I carried when I kept it all to myself. So yea...

Reactions: bamf and Puck
How is it possible to assert such a thing? *befuddled*

there are many good people in the world :] not hard to extrapolate that their empathy would extend to a stranger, particularly if they were made aware of their abysmal circumstances

Suicide is a-ok, I totally support out astronauts! in their decision!!!

My only comment is that I would encourage anyone interested in taking the leap to first read about the experience of those who did and survived. Pay particular attention to how they felt when their mask of fear lifted, and they realized what they could do without it, but it was too late to change their course of action. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: acd
i would have killed myself sixteen times with fifty four attempts if i knew it wouldnt hurt my dad and i wasnt going to hell

i was actually looking online at ways to kill yourself and i actually found this site entitled "ways to kill yourself over time" and it was very insightful and im ashamed to admit some of it was very pleasurable sounding

i was actually looking online at ways to kill yourself and i actually found this site entitled "ways to kill yourself over time" and it was very insightful and im ashamed to admit some of it was very pleasurable sounding

:(

:hug:

@Ria- it is fine don't worry about derailing the thread. BDD is totally applicable.

Is something going on in your life Dragon? Are you considering suicide?

Something going on? Depending on your perspective, either something is always going on or nothing ever really. Am I suicidal? No. Does life feel pointless? Frequently.

Yes I did read the thread, why was it erased?

I made this thread on a whim when I was very tired, and I would probably have deleted it if I knew how.

What? Like death by pastry? Eat so much you have a heart attack and die?

Reactions: Ria