Straight INFJ Males | Page 22 | INFJ Forum

Straight INFJ Males

I'm an INFJ male, I'm not gay or feminine, or in some confused limbo. I'm not sure how those traits relate to being an INFJ. I just prefer not to spend much time around other people for my own reasons. I'm not interested in sports at all but love music, literature and history. I guess overall I have a creative personality.

My wife is a sports crazy extrovert, three of my kids are athletes one is a musician.

Me, I kind of have my own thing going on in what seems like my own world sometimes, but it works for me.

Reactions: Misty and Wyote
I'm a straight INFJ male, but I'll say this...

1: I make friends with women WAAAAAAY easier than men. I just think women make better friends, and I connect with them far easier.
2: I typically find other guys obnoxious, shallow, and boring. The only time I ever wind up friends with a guy is if they manage to make me laugh.

No offense to any guys here. :)
Same here.

Reactions: Misty and Wyote
I'm a straight INFJ male, 53, single.

I thought I would post a reply here first, because the topic leapt out at me. I only tested today, Sunday 15th December 2013.

Let me see what occurs. Four thoughts at random.

I have been studying the 37 short form tai chi ch'uan of Cheng Man Ch'ing for the last 10 years. I use it to structure extended periods of introversion. The form is fixed. Cheng reduced the long yang form to make it easier to learn and shorter to perform. The chi gate beckons the diligent student of the form.

I was in a train crash on 19th September 1986. That was an experience which tore apart the fabric of my psyche. I was able to rehabilitate myself. It took many years. The time I spend alone is my reward for all the hard work.

I was educated at a military boarding school. It was over forty years ago. It was a robust experience. It taught me independence, which was useful to help me make the best use of my time alone. It chimes with other comments about guns and martial arts, and the like. I picked up my first Martini action .22 rifle, aged 11, wearing the school beret, in fear of the Colour Sargeant Major and his ram rod. What fun!

Being a sensitive fellow, my responses are often physical, and can be quite painful. Perhaps that is not the right word. I have irritable bowel syndrome, probably brought on by my acute responses to reality as it is, so the need to manage my responses is real and ever present.

From what I can gather, heterosexual male INFJs are fairly unusual. I'm game for any questions, because I would like to explore my own response to encountering other INFJs.
I wouldn't call us unusual. I also wouldn't call being thoughtful and nurturing feminine. I haven't met any INFJ male except for, obviously, myself, but I don't think INFJ males are magically more likely to be gay. We're just more kind and caring.

INFJ males are without a doubt the rarest group of MBTI type. Two thirds of INFJs are females. Many INFJ males are gay (possibly a majority), which further reduces the numbers of straight INFJ males.

Due to the differences in perspective based on gender, I'd really like to have as many straight INFJ males (that don't mind revealing their orientation as such) check in on this thread, with the intention of possibly creating a user group with the intention of discussing the condition of being a straight INFJ male, and to see how much we have in common with one another, as well as discuss the differences we may have with INFJ females.

While this might seem like gender bias or even sexism, I've noticed that straight INFJ males do tend to have some significant personality differences from INFJ females and even gay INFJ males, who (and I mean no offense when I say) often share many female perspectives.

Male Bisexual INFJ here... sigh. It can get awfully lonely at times.

I definitely don't share many 'female' prospectives, not that there is anything wrong with that but I completely understand what you're trying to say.

Yeah I got that much.

But where did you get this idea from? I thought the majority of the INFJ men here are straight.

:m075:

Yeah that's what I was thinking; I've never seen any stats that state most INFJ men are gay?

Reactions: Misty
INFJ males are without a doubt the rarest group of MBTI type. Two thirds of INFJs are females. Many INFJ males are gay (possibly a majority), which further reduces the numbers of straight INFJ males.

Due to the differences in perspective based on gender, I'd really like to have as many straight INFJ males (that don't mind revealing their orientation as such) check in on this thread, with the intention of possibly creating a user group with the intention of discussing the condition of being a straight INFJ male, and to see how much we have in common with one another, as well as discuss the differences we may have with INFJ females.

While this might seem like gender bias or even sexism, I've noticed that straight INFJ males do tend to have some significant personality differences from INFJ females and even gay INFJ males, who (and I mean no offense when I say) often share many female perspectives.
i am as straight as they come. But i have been asked if I'm gay through out my life countless times, Countless times! I never understood why?

I am not sure if it is just me, or other INFJ males. But i suffer from the duality we know this world to be, one extreme or the other with any and every aspect for me.

i am really curious as to how different us straight male INFJ are compared to female infj. wouldn't we be pretty much the same?

INFJ Male that's attracted to women.

In psychology most people see it as combination of intellect and emotions. But since both genders are equal in both, what makes males and females different from each other besides the obvious biology?

Instincts.

I subscribe to the Triune brain Theory. Back in the 1960s when modern brain surgeons were first on the scene, they discovered there are three layers to the human brain through evolution. The Reptilian Brain, the mammalian brain, and our neo-cortex brain, in that order. Some unification psychologist believe there are particular unique software written for each parts of the brain, the three hardware.

The Reptilian Brain is our autopilot functions, hardwired, instincts. More powerful and lightning quicker than the mammalian brain (emotions used to bond for better group survival) and the slower, civilized neo cortex (executive functions). Carl Jung decoded that mythology explains our gender instincts, which are very complex, and harder to label than the emotion spectrum. The gods, goddess, and monsters (shadow of human nature) are representations, hierarchy, personified description of masculinity and femininity in human psychology... viola the third variable in psychology. That includes the basic instincts too.

Masculinity = (all the gods in a mythology) your skill set for attracting women, not just one woman but all women (reproduction) + excelling in a career or hobbies (survival).
Basic instincts, reproduction and survival.
So the more you master both skills, the more masculinity a man possesses, the more it attracts feminine instincts. You can't control the opposite sex you have zero control over women but you have 100% control over your career and hobbies, so it's more important to focus on a little more on your career than women.

That's a masculine INFJ, same cognitive functions as our sister INFJ but instinctual different when viewing the world thru our respected gender filters.

p s. Why do men have nipples? Makes no sense since we can't use it to feed a baby, right? It's because all humans start off with a female template, It's the higher doses of testosterone that changes the gender and fuels our masculinity.

That's just an introduction to the masculinity part of our personality.

What's lame in today's pop culture is that they demonize masculinity if you watch TV shows or movies they kind of make us look stupid neanderthal or extremely aggressive. Masculinity gotten a bad rap lately.

The biological differences makes a woman and a man function as a team for survival. We're like two puzzle pieces that fit together. A woman's body is built to create life they're about creating crafting nurturing as a general rule. Men are about death the opposite that's why we're opposite sex. For the hunters we go out we kill the food we stay at the camp to protect from Invaders so men are about death just look at the wars today who causes them? I'm not saying that it's a bad thing but it is if you're stuck in a boyish manhood which most Modern males are stuck in these days.
Ancient civilization they knew about that that's why they had rituals were a boy is taken outside the camp and left to die in the wilderness so he can face his own death but the elders are watching him from a distance. When a man faces his own death, he's not afraid of anything ,and when he comes back to the tribe, he's given a new name and is respected among the tribe, and a great asset.

Modern civilizations they lack that ritual. And so you have a bunch of boyish men walking around with no directions confused by the way if you ever see the word confused that's instinct related. I'm not sure if that's by Design so we can have steady stream of men joining the Army to go fight in endless wars but there are little mini deaths that a man goes through, his first break up with a girl or his first job lost, his first team loss in sports, etc..

So masculinity involves facing death for a man that's his life, got to learn to accept it and move on... it would have been a lot easier if we had that ritual as a boy to face our own death but it's not like that these days, sorry women.

So you add that into the mix with the infj...it's why I think infj men are a lot of more like a vampire hunter when it comes to dealing with cluster B, women have it easy they have a narcissist but as men we have the apex predator of a borderline personality disorder to deal with that are experts at emasculating. I'm just suggesting that our slam door might be a little different because of our gender.

Now back to the pop culture, the me too movement, the third wave of feminism that's getting it all wrong; and how its design to emasculate men to keep them boyish there's a new breed of men that embrace neomasculinity coming onto the scene...

When I suggest that infj males are like the vampire Hunters I don't mean they're actively going out looking and hunting for vampires. If you notice in books or in movies, vampire hunters is usually the old guy, he's holed up in some sort of reclusive place, he's been through hell and back many times that the people who have a problem, they go seek him to help with the problem.
He's the expert on pathological narcissism. He has all the tools of the trade, he knows how to spot them, he knows how to psychologically go toe-to-toe with one.

Not sure if our infj sisters have that sort of instincts too.

And if you notice the Vampire Hunter is usually a male and he's very hard to find in society, like less than 1%.

I'm one of the nicest, genuine, selfless, do what's in my power to create harmony, intellectual artistic, paradoxical, but when I'm up against a dark triad, I'm a force to be reckoned with.

Maybe it's Evolution psychology, when most the hunters are out gathering the hunt, a few men stayed at the camp to protect the women,children, live stock, food storage.. from predators. That's where the infj got their Harmony from and when a stranger comes into our camp we can easily spot if they're Predators or not and if they are they're in for a big surprise, because of the introverts INFJs won't hesitate to Face Down The Bully
*shrugs*

@Perseus Shield and Sword You keep quoting the <1% number for INFJs...

Official MBTI statistics show that INFJs comprise 2.8% of their test takers, and generationally they don't become 'the rarest type' until after the age of 25. Before then, ENTJs are rarer and INTJs are the rarest.

I like to speculate about the potential evolutionary origins of type, too, but you're taking a very very rose-tinted approach to INFJs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Official MBTI statistics show that INFJs comprise 2.8% of their test takers, and generationally they don't become 'the rarest type' until after the age of 25. Before then, ISTJs are rarer and INTJs are the rarest.

I like to speculate about the potential evolutionary origins of type, too, but you're taking a very very rose-tinted approach to INFJs.
Perhaps. Very proud to be an INFJ, it explains a lot about my personhood and for once, my life makes a lot more sense.
I figured sense this post refer to a male infj perspective, I thought I share what I am. I'm not tooting a horn about INFJ rarity, just a deeper understanding of human nature from an INFJ male perspective.
The masculinity descriptions is about ALL men and I rarely used INFJ functions in my replies except about how our type tends to attract psychological emotional vampires.
You seem a little sensitive about what type is rare or not, rare isn't glamorous when a majority of the people find you odd and different, it's why I gravitated to INFJ forum not expecting to be butting heads with a non INFJ that can't agree with an INFJ perspective.
What's your take on male INFJs?

Official MBTI statistics show that INFJs comprise 2.8% of their test takers, and generationally they don't become 'the rarest type' until after the age of 25. Before then, ISTJs are rarer and INTJs are the rarest.

I just happened to find a way to make odd and different into something mysterious. And that's sexy. I'm here as an infj male to empower my other brothers on this forum, particularly this post.

There's only one sexy and it's not you. It's me.
Lol... do tell. It's better to have an abundance mentality... plenty of women out there. For me, ENTPs are very sexy, something about their devil advocates and little 3 month old golden retriever puppy attention spans... is true ENTP women are rarer than the ENTP males? I'm always looking for one or two...