Stay at home Dad | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Stay at home Dad

I think the concern I get from the OP is that the husband might be in the mode of giving up on work/career altogether because he has not found a job that suit him, and that this will cause some financial hardship or limit the family's options in the future. In this case, I don't think it is a simply question of the merits of being a stay-at-home dad. There are other factors/concerns at work here.

I realize that, it was part of the reason was I was on the fence about making this thread. It just seems odd and plain frustrating that some women would actually prefer a detrimental situation for her family in order to be with her child. Or assume that a man who wants to be with his child and logically understands that he doesn't make as much money as she does is just exceedingly lazy. It's as if mothers expect to be liked just for being mothers instead of being loved, if you catch my drift.

Oh yes ... we're on the same page. :)

Well, it's a relatively new concept, as it is with childless couple. Some people will have more rationales and contrived reasons than others, no?