Starcraft 2 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Starcraft 2

hmm, well this will simply be terrible for my wrist injury recovery. Games are all about the story for me. Like, I watched all of Kingdom Hearts via Youtube back in the day, like it was a movie.

Keep the game play and MMO interactions, I just want to see the cut scenes! That and it's fun to click on characters to hear all the silly things they have to say.

So tell us what the campaign is like! I cancelled my preorder because I was playing the multiplayer beta so much it was killing me.

"...and Indy was never heard from again." :m071:

Addicts! You're all addicts!

(Clicks to WoW account...).

its crack i tell ya...
passes out from awesomeness

soooooooooooooo goooooooood *bliss*

Can't wait except my pre-order of the collector's edition will be late. Maybe if I could bug Dove to get me a version and send me the code...

I'll do it, don't worry.

It's coming!

Starcraft+2+collectors+edition.jpg

I got my copy

I have to wait :(

This game is eatin' mah soul! I want to nothing else but playyyyy :D

I don't want to install it right away, I have work tomorrow and I haven't the time :(.

I really want to change my icon from earmuffs guy to one of the girls...but the website isn't letting me :(

I FINISHED THE CAMPAGIN!!! Only it says I completed 25/26 of the missions, but it's done nevertheless. I feel like I got jipped out of something? I tried to look online, but I couldn't find anything. So long as I didn't miss out on part of the story line, I am alright. Now as for the story... (spolier added, cause it is as spoiling as you can get).

...I feel almost, jipped? I'm not sure how to explain it. The whole thing was in a round about way, anticlimatic. Kerrigan becomes human again (at least mostly, going by how she looks). There is a lot of unanswered stuff though. Obviously they had to leave it opened ended. The stuff they left open though, just felt like bad storytelling. I can't really explain it, it just feels like there are some hollow points. Like, hey there is an artifact! We're gonna use it on kerragin, but we have no idea what it is going to do! Poof, she is human! It just seemed too much of a strech of the imagination. Overall I enjoyed it, I just felt like... there could have been much more.

I also wanna point out, there are two types of cliffhangers. One that leave people wanting more, and the other kinds that piss people off. This one, was definintely the kind that pisses you off. Raynor picks up kerragin, now human, and just walks away saying she will be ok. What the hell, that's it?! Dude! At least give SOME kind of epiouge. Sorry I just thought the ending was just not cool, and unfair.

Meh, Honestly, I am displeased by this whole thing, I can't lie to myself

Comment to Indigo's spoiler.

Ah.. That's too bad. As much as I love a good mystery I also hate when the mystery is accidental and comes from poor story telling. This makes my craving for the game a little more bearable, which I am thankful for. But I have also watched some gameplay on YouTube and I have to say it looks fantastic with the new unit types and such. I will have to play this game. Just have to wait until the rest of my life can take it.

*quits job*

SC2 =/= SC1, because the engine is very different: smooth pathing etc. It will evolve to very different challenges. Hopefully more strategic, less mechanical. I love how it provides chess-like small puzzles to solve. Eg: suppose you have to fight a set of different army compositions and you only got some fixed units, how would you distribute and arrange them optimally.

Also the learning curve is now extremely simplified, compared to 1998, and the early 2000's. If you struggled learning the basics of Starcraft in the past, now all of them have become very accessible. I believe you could teach you grandmother to play this game, if needed.

Great reviews, record-breaking sales, the only open question is whether it will reach the professional esports status of Brood War. Which involves events of this kind:
2111dm1.gif
--> yes, all these people are there to watch some games of Starcraft (i think osl 2004)
Boxer's contract is for $780,000; it would be a success for SC2 if progamers reach contracts in the millions, for example.

Last edited:
IT FINALLY FUCKING ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niice.

I'm probably about 15 missions in...... and I installed it yesterday :p. The story is pretty basic at this point (in fact I'm not even sure anything of consequence has happened yet), but I love the feel of the game. I can't wait to try the challenges (haven't even looked at them yet), but I'm gonna be playing this one for quite a while