IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
So, in 6.5 hours, Starcraft 2 will be released in my current timezone. It has already been released in some parts of the world, and is currently in the process of being released in other parts (right now, europe).

Consider this a thread for those of us who will very shortly be getting, or already possess the game. It's been 12 years since the original Starcraft has been released. It has been a very long time coming. For those of you who do not have the game or have never heard of it. I highly recommend checking it out. It is one of the most anticipated games of this year.

Also consider this a thread to exclaim your excitement and joy once you have actually began the game. If you talk about the campagin, use spoiler tags! Don't wanna ruin it for anyone :D

Oh, and I must say this: "Hell, It's about time!"

starcraft_2.png

still debating getting it tonight...
taurenmarinerw2.jpg

I got to play it. I'll be honest. It looks like nothing more than a graphics upgrade to the original game with a few added features. Granted, many other changes probably would have been cussed out by the fan base.

I'm more interested in a Starcraft Universe MMO. These guys have proven they know how to make an MMO, and do it right.

I got to play it. I'll be honest. It looks like nothing more than a graphics upgrade to the original game with a few added features. Granted, many other changes probably would have been cussed out by the fan base.

I'm more interested in a Starcraft Universe MMO. These guys have proven they know how to make an MMO, and do it right.

nooooooo

Grad school is already looking to be a chem nerdfest I don't need to take it to the next level of super nerdfest.
:mcute:

nooooooo

Grad school is already looking to be a chem nerdfest I don't need to take it to the next level of super nerdfest.
:mcute:

I don't want to derail the Starcraft 2 glee that is going on right now. I've got a LOT of friends who are all but frenzying over this, and I understand their enthusiasm, being a gamer nerd who's had a few moments like this with other games.

But... with respect to the Starcraft MMO... I just want to mention how dissappointed I am that Starcraft: Ghost got put on the shelf. I was REALLY looking forward to that.

Starcraft-ghost.jpg
57920819_77783a7b77.jpg

stghost.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so looking forward to the campaign. Blizzard knows how to tell stories. The multiplayer? not so much.

I'm not psyched about it, but at some point in time I'll get it and be addicted to it for awhile. I wasn't bad at multi-player in SC1, though my friends who challenged me (and then lost terribly) would say that is an understatement.

Campaign mode was never as much fun as multiplayer for me, but maybe SC2 will be different.

I per-ordered along with Chaz. Though because of region lock I can't exactly play with him until one of us acquires a Uk/Us copy for the other.

Once we do though, I will spend many hours playing multi with him/getting pwned over and over and pouting lots.

I am most excited for the story and how detailed it will be. I already did the multiplayer on beta, and it is pretty good. I could care less about the ladder rank games. I am all for the UMS games (which has LIMITLESS possibillites).

I am most excited for the story and how detailed it will be. I already did the multiplayer on beta, and it is pretty good. I could care less about the ladder rank games. I am all for the UMS games (which has LIMITLESS possibillites).

aside from a higher unit cap... how can zone control be better???

aside from a higher unit cap... how can zone control be better???

Better triggers. More intergral settings for UMS. You'll see when you get it. Just as an example you can upgrade units in the bottom panel using experience points for that unit. Buildings can be upgraded. It's just overall much more uniform and seamless. No more using civilans brought to beacons to do stuff.

but my l33t skillz of mass movement using the little bastard are moot:m079:

Edit for those who havent put two and two together im getting it tonight...

Starcraft, apparently, is one of those games I just don't "get" XD For some reason, the game (and the idea of a sequel) never appealed to me. It's probably because of the RTS aspect, more or less because I'm a man's man, a manly man, when it comes to video games and prefer to be in the middle of combat instead of just watching it :D (No offense to RTS players, this is just me trying to be funny)

Oh well, hopefully those of you who are looking forward to it enjoy it.

Starcraft, apparently, is one of those games I just don't "get" XD For some reason, the game (and the idea of a sequel) never appealed to me. It's probably because of the RTS aspect, more or less because I'm a man's man, a manly man, when it comes to video games and prefer to be in the middle of combat instead of just watching it :D (No offense to RTS players, this is just me trying to be funny)

Oh well, hopefully those of you who are looking forward to it enjoy it.
Well, the first time I saw it I loved it (but it was at my cousins...) but then many years later I tried to play and got bored 5 missions in. My heart wasn't into it.
I think this new game I'll love, and if not, the Multiplayer feature will keep me in as an activity to play with Chaz ^^.

Get him a US one, so that we can get an infjf game going. That is... if the regions are reasonably sized? I'm on the East coast.... it'd suck if I couldn't play with people I know from college after we graduate.

very cool

I am greatly looking forward to this game... its ok to be a middle aged geek I say

My ENFJ friend was going to hook me up with all of this crap, but I haven't heard back from him about it for a while (his account is having issues and he's taking it up with Blizzard at the moment).
Buuuuuut I'm kind of really wanting to get into this now.

I want that game so bad. I'll play it eventually, but I don't think my current computer is up to the task.

Looks photoshopped.