[PAX] - SpecialEdition Reads Tarot | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] SpecialEdition Reads Tarot

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 67710

Are you trying to get some kind of promotion or a new role somewhere? In terms of your ambitions, Knight of Wands reversed says you're pretty fucking ambitious... but not about something you don't give a shit about and not even necessarily for the sake of power and success either. It also says that you could be feeling restless and impulsive and that you know exactly what you want but you don't have a clear path to channel that into at the moment. For some people that can lead to reacting to everything that comes your way while also getting nowhere. Usually Knights are ready to charge full force and dart across the road without looking both ways but in reverse there could be something holding you back from where you know you need to go.

Knight of Wands Reversed says don't try to do everything all in one shot and don't be too impulsive when it comes to your ambitions either. If you're feeling impatient to get somewhere just be mindful that you're not wasting your time on certain things just for the sake of doing something.

The Hermit is generally a spiritual, inner journey kind of card but I don't really feel that here. If I relate the Hermit Reversed to your Knight of Wands reversed, it says to me that there are some connections that you need to be making here. I don't know how you feel about networking or how much of that you've already been doing, but it's really important for you to make connections and you need to find a way to connect to people who are already where you want to be or at the very least people who can help you through the phases so you can get to where you want to go.

To the point about not being too impulsive and not doing things for the sake of it, The Hermit Reversed is also a call for reflection and looking at getting more deeply acquainted with what you feel your purpose is and what you feel most aligned towards doing. This will help you make clearer more exacting steps towards achieving your ambitions and will make sure you don't waste your time doing things that kind of distract you from sticking to your path.

So, the Knight tells me you're on your way and The Hermit tells me to keep your eye on the prize.
Thanks for taking the time to do this @SpecialEdition, this has given me a lot to think about :D Greatly appreciated

I'm just taking a moment to thank SE publicly for my private reading :)

Although I have to say... it's not what my head needed to hear, though my heart probably wanted to. JFC :tearsofjoy::grimacing:

I just wanted to echo the gratitude at the investment in energy and insight, it's really quite something. Thanks, SE!

I had a reading once before, by the cleaner of our faculty in the school I taught at. Salt of the earth woman, whip smart and fucking hilarious - Jan. We all gathered in someone's house one evening and she gave us readings one at a time. We'd hang out in the living room chatting and playing with the whippets (it's Yorkshire), and then go into the kitchen with Jan where she'd arranged her 'space'. People came out looking shell-shocked, lol.

Of course I was skeptical but curious, and did it really just to join in and support my friend. She really is a wonderful woman. During my reading, what fascinated me was Jan herself. I was drawn into her as she explored the cards and her own intuitions, and was struck by a deep admiration for her and the process. She was exhausted by the end of the night, and I understood why. It's an exercise in deep empathy and the expenditure of care for the life of another human being.

At the time I didn't care if there was a real mechanism at play, because what I cared about was Jan and her insight. Her using of the cards as prompts, triggers and guides to plug into a subconscious layer of intuitions about a person; about me. It's a deeply spiritual and human act, and doesn't depend on any woowoo to be as real as it is. Personally, I also find it something deeply feminine, capturing something about the spirituality of the anima, and I'm fascinated by that - something I deeply admire and respect, and yet understand that I could never do or be.

People should realise that what SE's doing here is the same thing, and reframe your gratitude within that context. It's something powered fundamentally by a deep empathy, and she is deeply empathetic herself. This is a true gift.

Somehow I missed this. Thanks for the praise. My ego loves it.

Tarot can be a lot of fun but yes, it can also be a bit draining. It takes time. I might have to make a Circle Reads Tarot thread and use my troll deck if people just want shitty readings for fun. Under normal circumstances I would pull 5 cards and do extremely long and full detail write ups for people but it takes a lot of time and energy and focus to do that shit.

So anyway, outside of my ego I do appreciate the acknowledgement. Just pulling a couple cards here and there isn't a big deal in isolation but it does add up especially if people want to know some serious shit. As this thread is more for fun it's not too taxing so I also don't want anyone to feel shy about asking for a reading either.

View attachment 67711

Are you feeling bored as fuck or stuck with your academics? Maybe feeling complacent or like you can't seem to get started or put as much effort in as you think you should be?

Knight of Pentacles is boring as hell and sometimes that's just how things are unfortunately lol. Nothing glamorous here about it. In Reverse it suggests that you might be feeling stifled and stuck with your head in the books and the monotony might be getting to you. This can also show up as an all or nothing attitude in terms of performance - like if you can't do it 100% you won't do it at all. This is kind of a reminder that with some things you just have to set out a schedule, assess what needs to be done and then do the work. It doesn't HAVE to be perfect and shittily done work is sometimes better than doing nothing at all. This doesn't suggest to me that you're on the wrong path or anything, it's just that sometimes the things we have to do are draining and boring and require us to call upon our discipline to follow through.

Now, pairing this with the Six of Pentacles is interesting and maybe it will shed some light on the situation. This card is about balance. Sometimes you have to give and in return you will receive. Pretty basic stuff. However, the thing to remember is that every contribution you make is worthwhile and it will come back to you threefold as the saying goes. You also might find yourself in a situation where you need assistance and it's important to ask for help and to accept it graciously if it's offered. Looking at it in another way, you may have to start rewarding yourself with time away from your academics. If you put in X amount of time, you do Y for yourself. This suggests that you have to break up the discomfort or unhappiness you have with academics with doing things that spark your creativity and your joy. Without the balance you might start to feel like you're plodding on forever and you won't have any desire to do the things you know that you need to.

With that said, evaluate how your days are structured and how you're actually spending your time and whether or not you need a break from what's going on. It's important to just get the job done but you owe yourself a little happiness too.

I feel like there's something else there about it but I don't have enough information to say more.
I’m speechless and really thankful at the same time, @SpecialEdition! I’ll treasure those tips for sure, those are absolutely relatable and I do appreciate such kind act on reading those to help me :relaxed:

@SpecialEdition ... if you're still doing readings, &c., what do you make of this? This was 'Jan's' reading from c.Summer 2017 (I think). These are just my notes I took at the time of what Jan told me (I think it's Celtic cross):

1 – Ace of Swords: Darkest card. Wounding
2 – Six of Wands: Big job opportunity. Victory. Work. 3 Months
3 – Tower: ‘Shit’ in past. People assumed something I’m not.
4 – The Chariot: Wanting to break out. Stay out of loyalty. Not enough freedom.
5 – Queen of Pentacles: Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn. Very influential woman. Old woman.
6 – Page of Wands: Work. Somebody come into my life to help break away from major influence. Slow.
7 – King of Swords: Dark haired man to help me see a way forward. Jan says ‘I’m really shackled’.
8 – Wheel of Fortune: next few months a ‘spin of the wheel’ to make my mind up. Discover options and decide. ‘So held back’ emphasised.
9 – The Hanged Man: if you don’t take the chance, you will stagnate; not be happy. WORK. 6-8 months. TAKE THE CHANCE.
10 – Three of Pentacles: Religious. Blessing. My choice > grab what I’m offered. A REAL decision.

‘Disillusioned’. Take a risk or regret it. ‘Shackled’. OBLIGED.

@SpecialEdition ... if you're still doing readings, &c., what do you make of this? This was 'Jan's' reading from c.Summer 2017 (I think). These are just my notes I took at the time of what Jan told me (I think it's Celtic cross):

5 – Queen of Pentacles: Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn. Very influential woman. Old woman.
6 – Page of Wands: Work. Somebody come into my life to help break away from major influence. Slow.
7 – King of Swords: Dark haired man to help me see a way forward. Jan says ‘I’m really shackled’.
8 – Wheel of Fortune: next few months a ‘spin of the wheel’ to make my mind up. Discover options and decide. ‘So held back’ emphasised.
9 – The Hanged Man: if you don’t take the chance, you will stagnate; not be happy. WORK. 6-8 months. TAKE THE CHANCE.
10 – Three of Pentacles: Religious. Blessing. My choice > grab what I’m offered. A REAL decision.

How much of this did you relate to at the time, and how much of it materialized in your real life?

@SpecialEdition
You could say that. Got cheated on, pregancy hoax, sucide threat
shenanigans, &c. That sticks out.

Well I won PhD funding April 2018 from applications I submitted October through March. That's the only 'big job opportunity' I've had. The academy trust I was fighting collapsed September 2017 and all of my enemies were dismissed from post - that's when I 'won', so it could refer to that.
That never really stops happening.
Yes.
No? Ex was a Virgo, but younger than me. No idea.
I think so. There was somebody who identified themselves with this, in fact. To break away from my ex.
Not a clue, could be anyone, but nobody comes to mind.
No idea. PhD?
Too vague. I generally do 'take the chance'.
Same thing.

Not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SpecialEdition
@SpecialEdition
You could say that. Got cheated on, pregancy hoax, sucide threat
shenanigans, &c. That sticks out.

Well I won PhD funding April 2018 from applications I submitted October through March. That's the only 'big job opportunity' I've had. The academy trust I was fighting collapsed September 2017 and all of my enemies were dismissed from post - that's when I 'won', so it could refer to that.
That never really stops happening.
Yes.
No? Ex was a Virgo, but younger than me. No idea.
I think so. There was somebody who identified themselves with this, in fact. To break away from my ex.
Not a clue, could be anyone, but nobody comes to mind.
No idea. PhD?
Too vague. I generally do 'take the chance'.
Same thing.

Not sure.
I will come back to this.

Did Jan read any cards in Reverse? That makes a big difference as well. Not something I considered when I was talking to you about it before.

My upcoming year.
upload_2020-5-9_19-11-21.png

Looks like you're in for some personal transformation this year. Not all of it will be easy. But it will happen and you'll be better off for it.

I'm going to start with the 6 of Swords Reversed. This is the personal transformation card. This is going to look different for everyone so it will be up to you to identify what area of your life needs to be changed. What I mean when I say this is think about something that's going on with you, as a person, that you have been avoiding or putting on the back burner because you haven't felt ready to take it on, or it didn't feel that "big" enough that you had to do anything about it. This could be something like knowing you want something different in your career but not making a change because what you're doing now isn't "bad enough" to leave. It could be a personal lifestyle change in your activity level or how you're eating or even in your social life, but things are not "bad enough" now that you feel compelled to do anything about it. It could be some relationship you have in your life that actually drags you down and you know something with it isn't right, but it hasn't been "bad enough" to leave it in the past. It could also be your personal perspective on the world and an unwillingness to shift that perspective and accept some new way of thinking or some information that disagrees with a belief or a viewpoint that you're comfortable with and haven't wanted to challenge.

The thing is, the transformation is going to happen whether you like it or not. The Six of Swords reversed can take you on a wild ride. You might think that you're smooth sailing down the river but you may end up in some aggressive rapids and having to fight for your life. The nice thing about it is that your subconscious (with the High Priestess) will kick in and guide the way and your Strength will keep you from saying you want the fuck off this boat even if it means drowning to get off the ride.

Be prepared to be personally challenged. The High Priestess energy may already be working its way through you and has started to shed some light in areas of your persona or your lifestyle that you know you don't feel satisfied with but you haven't figured out how to change. Interestingly, The High Priestess and Strength both speak to different aspects of Divine Feminine Energy. So this tells me that your intuition is going to start to come to the forefront and will be used more in your decision making. Your empathy is going to ramp up. Your emotional intelligence is going to expand. With that comes greater wisdom, greater compassion and greater self knowledge. A lot of the time getting this kind of wisdom means going through some struggle but the Strength Card won't let you down.

So, Strength. This is about taming the lion and not trying to fight it into submission. So, as you're making adjustments in your life you're also going to have some self compassion, and some COURAGE to change. There will be some opportunities to really show up for the people who are important to you. This is also a card of loyalty, of being supportive, of being someone who can be counted on to really help someone through something. So you may find yourself in that position over the year. Going through whatever you have to will actually help you to become closer to people in your life and to use the wisdom of your own shifts to actually support people in new ways that you may not have had access to previously. That's good!

So there's going to be some more confidence here as well. Something to be aware of is when you're shifting between the lion and the woman. Be aware if you have those instincts to channel your raw emotions in such a way that they may cause damage or harm. Always honour how you feel, but also think about the outcome you want before acting. Impulse can be fun, but it can also be careless. Just something to think about as you walk your path.

Idk. Whatever I need to know but don't know cuz I don't know what I don't know.
upload_2020-5-9_19-47-45.png

Funny that you said you don't know what you don't know, because The Hermit in reverse says that you don't know and you don't need to lol.

The Hermit Reversed and the Chariot reversed go hand in hand. The Chariot Reversed asks you to give up control in terms of worrying about the next steps to take or everything going perfectly. If you have a goal that you want to meet the important thing is to get started. You don't have to have every element planned out. You don't have to know how you're going to get there. The Hermit Reversed just asks you to take one step at a time. What can you do about the future when you need to think where your foot is going to land next? Everything you do is one foot in front of the other so if you're feeling any kind anxiety or you're anticipating any kind of pushback or obstacle or fear, you have to lay it down. Those feelings won't help you to actually get anywhere.

So if you suffer from any kind of analysis paralysis it's time to lay it to rest the best that you can so you don't end up getting in your own way. This can actually be applied to ANY area of your life.

I would say the biggest take away with the Chariot Reversed is thinking about how many details you try to control - no matter how minute. How many things distract you and get in your way? The more minute things that you focus on, the more things "seem" to go wrong. If you catch yourself doing this, tell your brain to shut up!

View attachment 68053

Funny that you said you don't know what you don't know, because The Hermit in reverse says that you don't know and you don't need to lol.

The Hermit Reversed and the Chariot reversed go hand in hand. The Chariot Reversed asks you to give up control in terms of worrying about the next steps to take or everything going perfectly. If you have a goal that you want to meet the important thing is to get started. You don't have to have every element planned out. You don't have to know how you're going to get there. The Hermit Reversed just asks you to take one step at a time. What can you do about the future when you need to think where your foot is going to land next? Everything you do is one foot in front of the other so if you're feeling any kind anxiety or you're anticipating any kind of pushback or obstacle or fear, you have to lay it down. Those feelings won't help you to actually get anywhere.

So if you suffer from any kind of analysis paralysis it's time to lay it to rest the best that you can so you don't end up getting in your own way. This can actually be applied to ANY area of your life.

I would say the biggest take away with the Chariot Reversed is thinking about how many details you try to control - no matter how minute. How many things distract you and get in your way? The more minute things that you focus on, the more things "seem" to go wrong. If you catch yourself doing this, tell your brain to shut up!

Even his draw makes me laugh

The Hermit in reverse says that you don't know and you don't need to lol.
I guess that settles it then! That's all I need to know!

All of this can be pertinent to my life at some degree! Is that vague? It's because life is complex and I do bits of all of this for one reason or another at one time or another. Thanks for taking the time to do this, SE! It's fun and gives me some things to reflect on! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.