[Film Club] Solo: A Star Wars Story

Likes for everyone!

Han-and-Chewie-thumbs+Preston+E.jpg

Things that will be worth seeing:
1) Han and Chewie meeting for the first time
2) The Falcon doing more cool shit

3) Donald and Emilia being awesome
"

This will make it all worth it. I’m not really the person to be asking either, because when I watch Star Wars I prefer to be alone with complete silence except for the movie and my stomach quivers like I’m falling in love.

When I watched Rogue One for the first time I know for a fact there was squealing involved coming from yours truly.

I believe in all of the corniness is the Force, and I’m exceptionally forgiving of all of the things most “fans” become prudes over because I’m just so grateful to be watching Star Wars stories being told in any capacity on the big screen.

So... yeah... :mclap:

Small thing but it's already bugging me - throughout the original trilogy, Harrison Ford's Chicago accent is apparent and really comes through strong at times. It seems they would've tried to find another actor who grew up around there, or at least could do a passable version of the accent. How the character sounds is as at least as important as how he looks and from these clips Ehrenreich isn't quite nailing it.

I don't know what's true and what's just random internet rumor, but I'd prefer this film to have more humor rather than less. More stuff like that final joke in the trailer.
This film seems like a huge divergence from the more serious tone of other films. I'd like to see more films with a similar tone to Rogue One and the prequels, but I'm also totally down for a hilarious buddy cop in space, which is what this feels like.

I don't know what's true and what's just random internet rumor, but I'd prefer this film to have more humor rather than less. More stuff like that final joke in the trailer.
This film seems like a huge divergence from the more serious tone of other films. I'd like to see more films with a similar tone to Rogue One and the prequels, but I'm also totally down for a hilarious buddy cop in space, which is what this feels like.
As long as it's actually funny, and not the forced humor of Episode 8, I'm okay with that.

As long as it's actually funny, and not the forced humor of Episode 8, I'm okay with that.

I agree there were a couple of moments of slightly forced humor in 8, but there was also a lot of very well executed humor as well. It verged on overdoing it with humor for a "main" star wars film imho.