• I'm off the charts genius . . .!

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I think i'm above average

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • I think i'm a pretty smart cookie . . . meh

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Well, i think i'm smart . . . not sure

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Nope, don't think i'm smart . . . not at all (. . . nor this)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Like, there is even a question . . . i'm absolutely brilliant, no question!

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
How smart am I?
How long is a piece of string?

One must have a context for the question to mean anything.
How smart am I compared to what?
I am as smart as a crow.

By your own standards or sense of what you think is smart, preferably in comparison to other human beings.

By your own standards or sense of what you think is smart, preferably in comparison to other human beings.

But I am not a human being :)
But rising to the occasion:
I am probably as smart as I need to be.

Who cares. Really. Where does the discussion of your own personal intelligence or lack thereof get you? I've seen so many people bloating their IQs around here I could yak. Personally, I hate the idea of measuring intelligence. Such a product of a uniform and competitive world, really devaluing of individual persons..

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Who cares. Really. Where does the discussion of your own personal intelligence or lack thereof get you? I've seen so many people bloating their IQs around here I could yak. Personally, I hate the idea of measuring intelligence. Such a product of a uniform and competitive world, really devaluing of individual persons..
You're just being modest. I know you have an IQ of a billizion or something.
;)

The first indication I had of impending doom was many years ago while sick with flu.
My partner at the time was a teacher, and she brought home an IQ test.
Being a teacher, she administered it to me.
145, she intoned, in shock and horror.
She never did recover from that.

I hear, though, that one is not supposed to be sick while taking the test.
My view is that nobody should ever take the test, under any circumstances.
Or that - if they do - they should under no circumstances, be informed of the result.

Hmm. Interesting points, but I don't think enfpcanbeshy was necessarily singling out your comments. I think he was just talking at the room. :)
Ah, no, I was talking at the wall. Talking at the room is usually pointless. ;P

Still don't understand why creativity and ability in math or the universe, as much as I enjoy them, constitute as something of special worth, and who says that. It's not different than being born soldiers and some of us being told they are good soldiers. I'm good at math, someone isn't, that doesn't make me better human being than them, only better suited to what was currently supposed to be important for someone else....

Now, cooking, that's tough, and requires real mental powers that are beyond me. :m148:

Reactions: bamf
I really don't have any faith in IQ tests. Or any tests, actually. I don't gauge intelligence until I actually talk to a person. And even then, I don't hold them to it.

Some folks who report high IQs are some of the most insufferable, miserable bastards this side of the universe, when the truth is a child can run circles 'round 'em and they not even know it.

Meh. It's never about how smart you are or how smart you appear to be. But if folks don't get that, then I feel sorry for 'em.