Signs that an INFJ likes a person | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Signs that an INFJ likes a person

This is so accurate.

Hmmz. I don't think the INFJ woman I am dating asks me a million questions, but she has admitted to having a crush on me (and it is fairly obvious that we are both crazy into each other).

The most obvious active show of interest I noticed with her initially: On our first date, I was on auto-pilot and ready to say goodbye, and she extended the date. She also continued to allude to future plans with me (e.g. "when you meet my cat"). I don't think that's necessarily type-dependent, though, because most of us sometimes think about a future with someone we really really like. However, it definitely lends credence to the assertion that an INFJ will make time for you if they really like you, which is perhaps more meaningful for them than some other types as I believe they are generally considered very disciplined when it comes to how they spend their time.

I would be interested in some discerning generalizations of how different types express interest. I know there's like a bajillion articles on the interwebs, but most of them I've found are pretty vague and lacking insight.

I would be interested in some discerning generalizations of how different types express interest. I know there's like a bajillion articles on the interwebs, but most of them I've found are pretty vague and lacking insight.

I think it's tough because on top of type you also have different styles of displaying affection ("expressions of love"). We all sort of attempt to do all of them but tend to fall back on one or two methods that come more naturally. I don't know if it's type dependent exactly, but there are probably trends toward certain ones based on type. Maybe this is a bit off from "interest" but I think it's a better marker to look for anyway.

I don't know if I'm a credible representative of the INFJ class but when I like someone, I do make time for them. And anybody who hangs out with me in real life would quickly notice that it's not something I often do. So I guess that's a clear sign.

I would also get in touch with them more often than unusual to know how they're doing, to tell them something made me think about them, etc.

We prioritize our time and energy with them.

Time and attention are key for me. When I was in my teens and twenties I was more willing to hang out with random people for parties and shows, etc, but 30s+ I will only spend time with people I really like. TBH, I don't even want to hang out with people I like a lot that often, and only make the effort because I care about them.
If I like a person, I get kind of excited about how awesome they are – their talents, personality, etc. I don't act that way with them, but I will make sure I compliment them and say supportive and positive things to them.

If I take the initiative and call/text/message a person first (rather than just replying), I value them.

Romantically:
If I am into a guy I actively want to spend time with him and incorporate his interests into my life, and like his company more than being alone. If he is really worth it, I will compromise my life plan for him.

Time and attention are key for me. When I was in my teens and twenties I was more willing to hang out with random people for parties and shows, etc, but 30s+ I will only spend time with people I really like. TBH, I don't even want to hang out with people I like a lot that often, and only make the effort because I care about them.
If I like a person, I get kind of excited about how awesome they are – their talents, personality, etc. I don't act that way with them, but I will make sure I compliment them and say supportive and positive things to them.

If I take the initiative and call/text/message a person first (rather than just replying), I value them.

Romantically:
If I am into a guy I actively want to spend time with him and incorporate his interests into my life, and like his company more than being alone. If he is really worth it, I will compromise my life plan for him.
Yep, yep, and yep. Although I was mostly the same way when I was younger too. I'll ask you a million and one questions and have even more lined up after you've already lost your voice from all the probing.

They're lucky if their voice is the only thing they leave without :wyotethumb:

giphy.gif

The only way I show that I like someone is when I make the extra effort into really getting to know the person through lots of questions, and I make time for them despite a busy schedule. Also, if I reaaaallly like him and feel comfortable with the person, then I become a bit touchy and flirty---but pretty subtly though.