Signs that an INFJ likes a person | INFJ Forum

Signs that an INFJ likes a person

I think the number one factor for me is time investment. If I admire, respect, and otherwise appreciate someone, I tend to seek out their company (i.e. by inviting them places, making time in my schedule for them etc.). I would also likely be quite talkative with them; when someone piques my interest (romantic or platonic), I'll usually have a lot to say to them.

One aspect of showing appreciation that would be specific to romantic interests for me: I give ambiguous cues as to my interest until such time that I receive confirmation that the other person feels similarly for me, or at least until I'm relatively confident they do. Then I'm direct.

I don't see what type has to do with anything. It depends on the INFJ (assuming you haven't even mistyped the person) and their level of confidence, their level of comfort and their current relationship to you. Normally, if a person is romantically interested in you, they'll start to treat you a little differently than they treat other people. They will either amp up their usual personality or do a complete 180. For example, if they're outgoing and gregarious but get all flustered and nervous around you, hey! They might have a crush. If they're nice and sweet to everyone but they're be extra nice and sweet to you, hmm! If they tease and joke around with people, they'll tease and joke around with you more and try to make you laugh.

They'll also try to look for ways to spend more time with you, look for excuses to talk to you or to capture your attention.

But really, I don't think there's any hard and fast way to figure out if someone is interested in you unless they outright tell you or you ask them.

Reactions: Misadventure
I don't see what type has to do with anything. It depends on the INFJ (assuming you haven't even mistyped the person) and their level of confidence, their level of comfort and their current relationship to you. Normally, if a person is romantically interested in you, they'll start to treat you a little differently than they treat other people. They will either amp up their usual personality or do a complete 180. For example, if they're outgoing and gregarious but get all flustered and nervous around you, hey! They might have a crush. If they're nice and sweet to everyone but they're be extra nice and sweet to you, hmm! If they tease and joke around with people, they'll tease and joke around with you more and try to make you laugh.

They'll also try to look for ways to spend more time with you, look for excuses to talk to you or to capture your attention.

But really, I don't think there's any hard and fast way to figure out if someone is interested in you unless they outright tell you or you ask them.

Thanks a lot but will you help me slap my face to realize my friend wants for me to do with our relationship?

He's an INFJ. Me an ENFP. He is straight. Im bi. We're friends. He's lonely. I understood him. I wanted to help him. We had sexual activities. He is in an identity crisis. I was caught in a limerence. I became obsessed. He was sick of me. He didn't want our secret to scatter. We promised. I broke it because i was obsessed. He didn't return my attention. I told hi i broke. He forgave yet i was worried. I woke up from my limerence. Now, he said this should stop...i am straight!.. I asked him to kiss me for the last time. He refused. I was broken. I dont know what to do. What i gave him now is distance. I tried to help im yet all my efforts seemed not help. It seemed all aggraveted the situation.

I think the number one factor for me is time investment. If I admire, respect, and otherwise appreciate someone, I tend to seek out their company (i.e. by inviting them places, making time in my schedule for them etc.). I would also likely be quite talkative with them; when someone piques my interest (romantic or platonic), I'll usually have a lot to say to them.

One aspect of showing appreciation that would be specific to romantic interests for me: I give ambiguous cues as to my interest until such time that I receive confirmation that the other person feels similarly for me, or at least until I'm relatively confident they do. Then I'm direct.

He doesn't make time or effort to be with me..i guess he just doesn't care for me the way i wanted or expected him to be. I can't do anything now. :(

Thanks a lot but will you help me slap my face to realize my friend wants for me to do with our relationship?

He's an INFJ. Me an ENFP. He is straight. Im bi. We're friends. He's lonely. I understood him. I wanted to help him. We had sexual activities. He is in an identity crisis. I was caught in a limerence. I became obsessed. He was sick of me. He didn't want our secret to scatter. We promised. I broke it because i was obsessed. He didn't return my attention. I told hi i broke. He forgave yet i was worried. I woke up from my limerence. Now, he said this should stop...i am straight!.. I asked him to kiss me for the last time. He refused. I was broken. I dont know what to do. What i gave him now is distance. I tried to help im yet all my efforts seemed not help. It seemed all aggraveted the situation.

If I understood this right, it seems like this relationship, whatever it was, has run its course. When people say 'stop' or break up with you, 99% of the time it means that they really do feel like it is time to move on. You should too.

Though if I might add my honest commentary, it also seems like you were used here a bit. Based on what you've written, it appears that this guy was down and all he needed was a quick pick me up, nothing more. It's why he wanted to keep what happened between the two of you quiet and why he didn't return your attention. Now that he got the confidence boost he wanted, he doesn't want anything to do with you and is using the 'but you're bi' thing as an excuse. If he was really interested or cared about you, he'd make the effort to make this work.

I don't know the entire situation. I can only judge based on what you've said here, but that's my impression. If this is true, I think you deserve better than to waste time pining after this guy.

I have an infj male friend.. I met him through my male ESTP friend...(its funny they constantly hang out but when you accuse them of being best buds, the infj swears he hates him, and right in front of the ESTP, who just laughs. They are like the odd couple.) I know he likes me because he said so and then said he wanted to hang out more. I've known him for four years and he always kinda teased me a bit.. But when id go into hermit mode, he would text me and ask if I was on the lam.

Through hanging out, he's met my ENFP friend, and told me he really likes her. I guess you can tell he likes her because he spends a lot of time talking to her one on one enthusiastically, where as with most other people and at parties, he just kind if sits silently in a corner, brooding. The ENFP has no idea how much he likes her.

Reactions: Misadventure
signs? i walk in my own worlds, and then get a random feeling, knowing exactly where it came without seeing it, i look behind myself, and see an infj staring emptiness. then, i know an infj was inside me, but nvm, the interest faded already? =| oh well.. =/

For some unknown to me reason I start to hang around this person for a veeeeeryyyyyy long time, witch makes think that at one point I have become way to annoying.

So caution to all of you ...
... do not make me like you.

((never mind))

Last edited:
I compliment everyone I know regularly. I like to remind them of what they do well, and take the time to appreciate the things they seem proud of, insecure about, or took effort on. This may include their 'looks' if I know my friend is insecure about it, and needs to be reminded why she/he is attractive. I am always sincere.
I'm also supportive and really want friends to succeed and do their best.
I can usually find something worthwhile about people I do not like as well, and won't hesitate to give credit where credit is due. It is very rare for me to blatantly dislike a person to the point that I notice nothing worthwhile about them unless I am intuitively picking up that they're "up to something".

Strangers may misinterpret my supportiveness or how freely I give compliments.

That is so like me.

At times, I have been asked if I was flirting, and I said no, I was just being myself.

But everyone gets some if I feel it and think it...male and female, young and old, couples, families, and otherwise.

And I like to compliment children, first because I find joy in witnessing them, but also because when I was a child, the experience of receipt of a good word from someone, even a stranger, was sometimes what gave me hope through those times when I thought all hope was lost.

Cheers,
Ian

I think if I liked someone, I usually gave them more time and attention. I don't know if other INFJs are like me (I suspect they are) but I was usually very cautious and slow in getting to know/approach someone. Without rushing in to anything, I think I'd try and be a bit more (gently) forward now. INFJs have very good instincts, we usually get it right about people and situations. If we make a mistake ? It's not the end of the world.

If I actively disliked someone, I would make efforts to avoid them. Not because I was 'scared', but I just wouldn't see much value wasting time rowing with them.

For friends, i'm very supportive and always one call away if they need me.. Or not.. I feel if something's up with them anyway..

For others, i'm often accused also of flirting, hence why i just don't talk anymore to anyone unless they talk to me. But if we're acquiantances, i'd still be supportive and help you out.

As for romantic interest, i avoid them like they don't exist. Haha!

But if we're already together, i give my 100% simply because i'd rather give more, than be told that i give less. I give effort, time, patience, loyalty and everything needed for it to work. It's all or nothing.

I can really relate to this!

Reactions: Scientia and jkxx