Should the Pope face prosectution? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Should the Pope face prosectution?

If they had been that specific, I would bite, but they cited anti-semetism in general. What is the worst atrocity that Catholics have ever faced? Was it anywhere near that which the Jews faced during the Holocaust?

I still fail to see what being specific about a term has to do with anything. The definition of antisemitism is the prejudice and hostility towards people of Jewish descent or religion. Period. Prejudice is permitted to manifest itself in other, less extreme examples. After all, I don't go around citing a history of black slavery every time someone mentions racism against blacks. The atrocities incurred against the Jewish people in WWII have a specific name, the holocaust, of which there is no mention of in the article. If the article had put an equal sign between the holocaust and the present, apparent hostility against the catholic church, yes, I would understand your reaction. In this case, however, it used the term correctly. We don't need grotesque displays of violence and hatred in order for something to be considered prejudice.

Last edited:
Kissinger. Any americans fighting for his arrest willing to argue the point?

of course the pope should be held accountable.
it is transpiring now that he was well aware of some of the atrocities going on as he happily moved up the church ranks. politicians,corporate leaders,celebrities,teachers,doctors and any other people in a position of power over others are held responsible for their actions or inactions over the course of their work. the pope was not always the pope,he started out in lower services like everyone else but he sat back and said or did nothing to protect the people he was meant to be serving, some who will remain psychologically scarred for the rest of their lives, considering religion teaches us to be good, honest people and to help those who cannot help themselves i think he failed miserably as a priest let alone as the head representative of the people of the RCC. his inaction has affected 1000s of people,some of the perpetrators are dead and will never face trial, their victims have been silenced and ignored for years, they deserve some accountability.
in my opinion the RCC has been crumbling for decades,even if we didnt know it, and it seriously needs a re-vamp. i am ashamed that my country has so much of the RCC written into its constitution because i feel it is small minded and prejudiced in favour of protecting the church at all costs.
those who are guilty of being predators or by assisting them by inaction should be shown the price, it may in fact show that there are still many good and eligible people waiting in the wings to reassemble what these bad apples have dismantled under the name of god through human greed and malevolence. if this doesnt happen it surely will be impossible to save the essence of the church. if the pope isnt held accountable,along with many others,the community of the RCC will simply have shown its acceptance of the triumph of evil over good.

Never understood how seeking "personal responsibility" resolves anything. Bring more torture in the system, to reduce torture? Very self-defeating. No one learns or improves from this. I almost assume some of the posts are sarcastic jokes. It's hard for me to assimilate that people could reason this way for real.

care to justify this statement with facts
Nope. They said it on <insert lame tv>, and I was like 'oh, yeah, what they said'.

individuals should face the consequences of their actions. be they part of a system or not. to forget about the victims is adding to their torture, to highlight the wrongdoings in a system is not bringing torture it is resovling it. these men have failed at being good individuals not to mind good priests, hoe can they teach the word if they themselves ignore it? to do nothing, to hold no one responsible will just make a mockery of the church, priests are meant to be servants to god, not godlike themselves, mere mortal individuals need to be represented as such,prosecuted for the harm they caused other individuals.the pedestal needs to be removed; priests and the church cannot remain untouchable in the presence of wrongdoing.

The catholic church has been very durable.

Perhaps the secret of its success has been its refusal to change

Changes tend to lead to more changes. For example the reformation lead to puritanism and iconoclasm which in the end burnt itself out and ultimately that branch ran out of steam (unfortunately other branches came off this and have spread around the world and are doing just fine); now many of the protestant churches in the UK are used as nightclubs with names like 'ministry of sin'...........bit of a turn around

The catholic church on the other hand has stuck to its core principles and although this often conflicts with modern values and mores it has worked to the extent that they retain a large global following

I think the church knows that reform could be the start of a slippery slope and i would expect them to resist it at every turn

To bring down the church you need to undermine it one reform at a time

Nope. They said it on <insert lame tv>, and I was like 'oh, yeah, what they said'.

so long as it's understood that the Chruch is not a breeding ground for rapists and pedophiles

RICO case to declare it an illegal organisation for the covering up and protection of pedastry.

They are a private organisation and corporation for tax purposes.
Before absolution, comes responsibility. Give to Caesar that which is Caesars, which in this case means obeying the laws of men where the laws of god say nothing.

I recall nowhere that jesus mentioned confessions except in the lords prayer where he says god already knows what you have done.
To jesus, confession is nothing more than praying as the heathens do, in many words in public.
PROVE ME WRONG!

RICO case to declare it an illegal organisation for the covering up and protection of pedastry.

They are a private organisation and corporation for tax purposes.
Before absolution, comes responsibility. Give to Caesar that which is Caesars, which in this case means obeying the laws of men where the laws of god say nothing.

I recall nowhere that jesus mentioned confessions except in the lords prayer where he says god already knows what you have done.
To jesus, confession is nothing more than praying as the heathens do, in many words in public.
PROVE ME WRONG!
On which one?