Shanghai lockdown | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Shanghai lockdown

This is not about the safety of the Chinese population or any other population. This is about population reduction. I know this wont be taken well but I'm not gonna bullshit anyone. Plant a garden and try to be a self sufficient as possible. Help others get there too. If you have questions just ask. I finished planting this AM.
Did you get into y2k too?

Reactions: aeon
Did you get into y2k too?
No and good one. I guess you'll just see for yourself in time. Whats the worst that could happen though? You have a garden set up? Its no fault to you if you don't see it yet.

Its no fault to you if you don't see it yet.

When is it happening exactly? Give me a month or year at least.
So I can tell you you were wrong later.
Also what is it, exactly.

Reactions: slant and aeon
6b41e0129a32fa99cd041f62db766d89.jpg

Reactions: Elder and aeon
Whats the worst that could happen though? You have a garden set up?

I quoted this because I really value it.

Regardless of what may come, a garden with yield is absolutely worthwhile. Working it has so many benefits that are not about gardening or food, and the taste of something straight off the vine, well and truly ripe, still warm from the sun—there are no words to describe it. The endeavor is grounding (pun not intended), centering, calming, and balancing. It is the direct experience of the web of life, and one’s place in it. It is a way to develop a discipline, and demonstrate competence. One is both humbled and presented an opportunity to experience a healthy pride in one’s accomplishment. Feeding others is a way to express care and love, and even the smallest of gardens will likely produce more than you can eat, unless you are already a canner.

@Moranga is on-point here, regardless of the reasoning which informs his choices—I make no comment on that, save the decision to start a garden. It’s a worthwhile thing to think about and then do. Start small! If you’ve never done it before you have no idea of both how easy it is, and how challenging it can be, and in what ways it can be so.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Elder and Wyote
This is not about the safety of the Chinese population or any other population. This is about population reduction. I know this wont be taken well but I'm not gonna bullshit anyone. Plant a garden and try to be a self sufficient as possible. Help others get there too. If you have questions just ask. I finished planting this AM.

Live with in a day's drive from any of the major cities like LA or Dallas for example then you are pretty much fucked regardless of prep and don't get me started about the bag billies thinking they can just survive on the road. If you don't own any guns then good luck keeping that garden safe as people get sticky fingers really quick when hungry and dangerous. I'll never forget Hurricane Katrina and how it took six days for the federal government to get bottled water to the super dome.

@Moranga is on-point here, regardless of the reasoning which informs his choices

I was in no way talking about or arguing against this.
I agree fully with what you've said.

Live with in a day's drive from any of the major cities like LA or Dallas for example then you are pretty much fucked regardless of prep and don't get me started about the bag billies thinking they can just survive on the road. If you don't own any guns then good luck keeping that garden safe as people get sticky fingers really quick when hungry and dangerous. I'll never forget Hurricane Katrina and how it took six days for the federal government to get bottled water to the super dome.

All the Californian elites are going to Texas :thonking::looninati:

No and good one. I guess you'll just see for yourself in time. Whats the worst that could happen though? You have a garden set up? Its no fault to you if you don't see it yet.
I'm fine with dying it doesn't scare me. I would rather not live in a world where people are breaking into people's homes and raping them and murdering them to steal their food and generators. If it gets to that point that's what will happen, I will probably just kill myself

Yea this is going to work out really well, my guess if they do decide to jump the shark it will probably last two or three months just so it all blows up.

Reactions: Wyote and aeon
I would rather not live in a world where people are breaking into people's homes and raping them and murdering them to steal their food and generators.

That this scenario is what formed in your mind makes me sad. Raping and murdering for food and generators? The purpose of everyone taking action and setting up a garden is that we can minimize the stress and worry that an intentional shortage would cause. Its also because it is possible. Things are fragile right now. This will either show what is possible when compassionate humans work together for a common goal or it will show how far we have fallen.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon and Elder

Hurricane Katrina came without more than a few days warning. We have foresight with this Vines. If we knew Katrina was coming 4 months ahead it would have been a lot easier to manage right? This every man for himself mentality is what will be our undoing. What are you gonna do? Just sit and watch the net close around us. People flip out because they are too lazy and they sit there until things become desperate. The point is that this can be avoided but most dont care enough to actually do it.

quick reminder: If you have little to work with a Cheap/Free option: All you have to do is lay down cardboard and dump potting soil and peat on top and make a mound/row pack it down and wet it. You can plant the cut bases and regrow sweet potatoes, lettuce, celery, cabbage, etc. in 60 days. TIP: Save your egg shells and crunch them up and sprinkle around plants. Oh lord that took an hour.

Hurricane Katrina came without more than a few days warning. We have foresight with this Vines. If we knew Katrina was coming 4 months ahead it would have been a lot easier to manage right? This every man for himself mentality is what will be our undoing. What are you gonna do? Just sit and watch the net close around us. People flip out because they are too lazy and they sit there until things become desperate. The point is that this can be avoided but most dont care enough to actually do it.

quick reminder: If you have little to work with a Cheap/Free option: All you have to do is lay down cardboard and dump potting soil and peat on top and make a mound/row pack it down and wet it. You can plant the cut bases and regrow sweet potatoes, lettuce, celery, cabbage, etc. in 60 days. TIP: Save your egg shells and crunch them up and sprinkle around plants. Oh lord that took an hour.

I already know those things and have been familiar to the scene since the 2000s hell I've lived for half a year without electric and running water as a kid so I know what it is like to go without. You really haven't realized that once the shit really hits the fan all those millions of people are going to stream out of the big cities into everywhere else looking to get by or worse and if one isn't out in the middle of know where or in a state with a high level of gun ownership it is going to be a real cluster fuck beyond belief. Plus not everyone is born with a silver spoon in hand and their prepping options are limited especially those living in the cities. In the event of this civilization collapsing upwards of 90 to 95% of the global population likely won't survive while on the low side would still be around 50% at best. Lastly if you are in the US there are dozens of nuclear plants should the grid be down for long enough without there being resupply half the country would be irradiated as parts of Ukraine and Belarus was with Chernobyl. If you are made out of money you wouldn't stay in the US at all period the same goes for Europe.

I already know those things and have been familiar to the scene since the 2000s hell I've lived for half a year without electric and running water as a kid so I know what it is like to go without. You really haven't realized that once the shit really hits the fan all those millions of people are going to stream out of the big cities into everywhere else looking to get by or worse and if one isn't out in the middle of know where or in a state with a high level of gun ownership it is going to be a real cluster fuck beyond belief. Plus not everyone is born with a silver spoon in hand and their prepping options are limited especially those living in the cities. In the event of this civilization collapsing upwards of 90 to 95% of the global population likely won't survive while on the low side would still be around 50% at best. Lastly if you are in the US there are dozens of nuclear plants should the grid be down for long enough without there being resupply half the country would be irradiated as parts of Ukraine and Belarus was with Chernobyl. If you are made out of money you wouldn't stay in the US at all period the same goes for Europe.

I get it, Harvey made landfall on top of my house while I was inside it. No power or water for months while in 90's 90% humidity. This isn't a biggest struggle contest and I'm not saying things are going to be easy or simple. I'm just not ready to give in to the possibility that things are hopeless. I dont think they are so I'm gonna keep working on things. Too each his own. Giving up wont take long if it finally does happen.

I get it, Harvey made landfall on top of my house while I was inside it. No power or water for months while in 90's 90% humidity. This isn't a biggest struggle contest and I'm not saying things are going to be easy or simple. I'm just not ready to give in to the possibility that things are hopeless. I dont think they are so I'm gonna keep working on things. Too each his own. Giving up wont take long if it finally does happen.

Just owning a home more than likely puts you in the top 20% or so income wise so it is very easy to prep when there is the income to do so plus a few grand on some credit cards for emergencies isn't a biggy.

Those who were either born into money or had a decent ride in getting it be like in today's economy.

tumblr_pbwfj6DWgF1vec0xno6_500.gifv

That this scenario is what formed in your mind makes me sad. Raping and murdering for food and generators? The purpose of everyone taking action and setting up a garden is that we can minimize the stress and worry that an intentional shortage would cause. Its also because it is possible. Things are fragile right now. This will either show what is possible when compassionate humans work together for a common goal or it will show how far we have fallen.
I have never seen in the history of the world when a society has a food shortage things going peacefully. Food is one of the most basic human needs and starvation actually makes people mentally unstable. Many preppers I know would NOT provide for any mary or joe that comes around- they stockpile for their own family. Statistically the amount of people who have food supply beyond 2 months is slim. Add on top of that the panic that would onset if grocery stores didn't have enough supply- that is when looting begins. Especially in cities there are too many people to keep under control if there was a major food shortage. Where I live, every household has at least 1 gun. What do you think all the Mary and Joe's who run out of food but have ammo are going to do when they realize somebody is well stocked? This isn't negative thinking, it is realistic thinking based on history and human psychology. Look at historical famines and hyperinflation situations. Society breaks down. You might be safe for a couple of months but unless you have a completely hidden underground bunker that nobody knows about, you will not be able to protect yourself from the breakdown of society if there is a food shortage no matter how well you prepare. It is simply naive to think otherwise.

I have never seen in the history of the world when a society has a food shortage things going peacefully. Food is one of the most basic human needs and starvation actually makes people mentally unstable. Many preppers I know would NOT provide for any mary or joe that comes around- they stockpile for their own family. Statistically the amount of people who have food supply beyond 2 months is slim. Add on top of that the panic that would onset if grocery stores didn't have enough supply- that is when looting begins. Especially in cities there are too many people to keep under control if there was a major food shortage. Where I live, every household has at least 1 gun. What do you think all the Mary and Joe's who run out of food but have ammo are going to do when they realize somebody is well stocked? This isn't negative thinking, it is realistic thinking based on history and human psychology. Look at historical famines and hyperinflation situations. Society breaks down. You might be safe for a couple of months but unless you have a completely hidden underground bunker that nobody knows about, you will not be able to protect yourself from the breakdown of society if there is a food shortage no matter how well you prepare. It is simply naive to think otherwise.

The positive in this is that you are thinking about it and not assuming conspiracy. All your points are valid and possible outcomes and even worse. This is All intentional. The simple truth is that we are all going to die. That will not change for any of us.
Now you are considering scenarios. What can you do to improve on it? You said yourself you're not scared of dying. I used to be before I realized what it was. Now I have reached the same place. So if we are all going to die and you are not fearful of it the question I have is how are you going to finish your time is this vessel?
Fearless and Strong?
Yes Slant, I think you will because I know you have it in you.

Just owning a home more than likely puts you in the top 20% or so income wise so it is very easy to prep when there is the income to do so plus a few grand on some credit cards for emergencies isn't a biggy.

You are making assumptions and projecting. Just stop. You don't know me, same as I don't know you. I am not nor have ever been rich or even well off. Still not getting all the reasons to do nothing though. Be creative Vines, you're smart. I think you already know no one is coming to save us. How are you going to finish your time in this vessel? Giving up is easy and fast, so maybe put it aside for now. Whether you believe it or not, It matters how you go thru this. Everything we say, think and do matters and leaves a record. You'll get to go over it when your done here. What you do now will be at the end of it.