Shanghai lockdown | INFJ Forum

Shanghai lockdown

slant

Capitalist pig
Donor
Dec 30, 2008
MBTI
None
This is over of the best videos I've found about it. There are and limited foreigners in Shanghai in tic Tok that have been doing updates too. The situation is extremely harrowing.

Already posted that video in another thread last Thursday. https://www.infjs.com/threads/ethical-to-mock-the-anti-vax.38984/page-6

What people especially in msm are ignoring is the huge number of suicides as a consequence of this particularly draconian lockdown and I've seen comments left by people who lived through the lockdown in Wuhan back in 2020 saying what is going on right now is even worse. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the last straw that results in some form of mass protests or social unrest as forcing millions of people to endure starvation for the sake of internal politics between CCP factions isn't going to end well for the CCP as an whole.

Already posted that video in another thread last Thursday. https://www.infjs.com/threads/ethical-to-mock-the-anti-vax.38984/page-6

What people especially in msm are ignoring is the huge number of suicides as a consequence of this particularly draconian lockdown and I've seen comments left by people who lived through the lockdown in Wuhan back in 2020 saying what is going on right now is even worse. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the last straw that results in some form of mass protests or social unrest as forcing millions of people to endure starvation for the sake of internal politics between CCP factions isn't going to end well for the CCP as an whole.
Can't the Chinese military just mow the people down?

(The video was footage of of the 1989 massacre)

Reactions: John K
This whole situation is insane. In Jungian terms it would probably be something to do with collective death drives. I know it's a dictatorship where one person makes the decision but the cops are still part of society. I can't believe it's not at the level of the ukraine news,

Last edited:
What's the meaning or purpose of life?

Probably not "being healthy" or living as long as possible.

Reactions: aeon
This has nothing to do with the virus, because why on earth would you make sick people congregate together. Taiwan should be very very scared.

Throwing out perfectly good food, wtf

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the virus, because why on earth would you make sick people congregate together. Taiwan should be very very scared.

Throwing out perfectly good food, wtf

Ehhh I will push back and say it's all very systematic and yes it's definitely about covid. Less than 50% of the elderly population was able to get vaccinated and they don't have their own mRNA vaccine and won't let their citizens get a foreign one. So they believe that locking down like this is the only way to prevent massive death. They did this before and so has Australia at least parts of Australia because they're economically colonized by China.

The food issue is a distribution problem. There are millions of people in that city and they have had a hard time delivering the food before it goes bad. Also much of that food was ordered by residents and the delivery people are prevented from delivering to certain areas so they have resorted to dumping the food like that. It's all very poorly planned.

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
Ehhh I will push back and say it's all very systematic and yes it's definitely about covid. Less than 50% of the elderly population was able to get vaccinated and they don't have their own mRNA vaccine and won't let their citizens get a foreign one. So they believe that locking down like this is the only way to prevent massive death. They did this before and so has Australia at least parts of Australia because they're economically colonized by China.

The food issue is a distribution problem. There are millions of people in that city and they have had a hard time delivering the food before it goes bad. Also much of that food was ordered by residents and the delivery people are prevented from delivering to certain areas so they have resorted to dumping the food like that. It's all very poorly planned.

It is a lot less to do with covid and much more to do with internal CCP politics as election is coming up again for Xi so basically the central government an anti Xi faction have been at it for a while with this mess being a result of that.

It is a lot less to do with covid and much more to do with internal CCP politics as election is coming up again for Xi so basically the central government an anti Xi faction have been at it for a while with this mess being a result of that.
It's both. Both factor in.

I am not a fan of this "there is a secret purpose for everything, the world is lies!" Attitude when the truth is actually both: the external appearance, covid, is a real reason they're doing what they're doing. How they do it and some of the problems resulting from the enactment are purely political. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Multiple takes can have truth in it.

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
It's both. Both factor in.

I am not a fan of this "there is a secret purpose for everything, the world is lies!" Attitude when the truth is actually both: the external appearance, covid, is a real reason they're doing what they're doing. How they do it and some of the problems resulting from the enactment are purely political. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. Multiple takes can have truth in it.

All this for a very mild variant while the rest of the world is easing back to pre covid normality yet CCP is doing all this at enormous cost to their own people never mind pushing the nation that much closer to the edge of revolution/civil war says otherwise. I've already said it before and there are already videos posted as to why they are doing this as the CCP faction governing over Shanghai and surrounding areas is anti Xi so the central government is pulling this crap to neutralize that other faction. Last year there were arson attacks and even a few bombings passed on as gas leaks in their media for the same reasons never mind the widespread blacks outs last October.

All this for a very mild variant while the rest of the world is easing back to pre covid normality yet CCP is doing all this at enormous cost to their own people never mind pushing the nation that much closer to the edge of revolution/civil war says otherwise. I've already said it before and there are already videos posted as to why they are doing this as the CCP faction governing over Shanghai and surrounding areas is anti Xi so the central government is pulling this crap to neutralize that other faction. Last year there were arson attacks and even a few bombings passed on as gas leaks in their media for the same reasons never mind the widespread blacks outs last October.
Yep. It's both reasons. There is no "cover up"... Both things are motivating this at the same exact time.

Yep. It's both reasons. There is no "cover up"... Both things are motivating this at the same exact time.

It is Not about covid it is about control and politics as usual after all this is the norm in China under the CCP for decades.

Since this was not covered in public education much if at all.

It is Not about covid it is about control and politics as usual after all this is the norm in China under the CCP for decades.

Since this was not covered in public education much if at all.

Agree to disagree bud.

And to clarify: I agree with you on the political undertones. However, there is nuance in everything. The nuance here being that it is totally plausible that the Chinese government could believe that a zero covid policy is the solution to covid in their country IN CONJUNCTION with underlying political motivations.

I'm not sure why the distinction is so important to me. I just get frustrated by talking points instead of actual discussion and weighing of all possibilities.

Agree to disagree bud.

And to clarify: I agree with you on the political undertones. However, there is nuance in everything. The nuance here being that it is totally plausible that the Chinese government could believe that a zero covid policy is the solution to covid in their country IN CONJUNCTION with underlying political motivations.

I'm not sure why the distinction is so important to me. I just get frustrated by talking points instead of actual discussion and weighing of all possibilities.

The nuance you are avoiding here is the CCP is exploiting covid as a means of control and will eventually terribly but anyway amazing isn't how some people avoid seeing the obvious making it all about covid when it is an issue about totalitarianism not just in China but the world in general.

Bonus

FJKSWY8WYAAyPfW

Reactions: Enso and aeon
The nuance you are avoiding here is the CCP is exploiting covid as a means of control and will eventually terribly but anyway amazing isn't how some people avoid seeing the obvious making it all about covid when it is an issue about totalitarianism not just in China but the world in general.

Bonus

FJKSWY8WYAAyPfW
It's not all about covid....

It's both.

I don't disagree with anything you just said.

Consider what the people at the top of govt have to decide

"Do we eat 30% of the humans now or do we wait until lunch time"
b0df92d52e7e87b8891218f8ccc99ab6.jpg
f00dbe7d993d5c55207241250149dc52.jpg

Last edited: