[PAX] - Self Avatars | INFJ Forum

[PAX] Self Avatars

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
I notice a lot of people have a picture of themselves for their avatar, I also note that most of those people are good looking, do you think good looking people are more likely to see their face as part of their identity? whereas people that aren't so good looking might want to distance themselve from what they actually look like, so their identity is completely unrelated to how they look.

Why do/don't you have a self avatar?

Do you like it when other people have a self avatar? Does it help you relate to them more?

Yes, good looking people are more likely to use their own image. That's ok.
No, I don't need their face, I just want a consistent theme so that I can visually associate people.

On that note, I'm also into the abstraction of the forum, and how I can represent myself with a holistic image rather than the thing I am usually identified by, which is my rather average personage.

I have a picture of me on my profile. (I'm the big one lying down, not the 1 year old in the diaper.) So if anyone is really curious they could check, but I see myself as more of an old tree than as a short, middle aged eastern european-descent guy with an endomorphic frame on a nerd-morphic neck, cranial posture with mousy hair and a shy smile. 30 something is about nesting, so I'd rather display my nest than my face, I guess.

Last edited:
Are you callin me ugly?

*raises fist in anger*

Reactions: Fluffball
I notice a lot of people have a picture of themselves for their avatar, I also note that most of those people are good looking, do you think good looking people are more likely to see their face as part of their identity? whereas people that aren't so good looking might want to distance themselve from what they actually look like, so their identity is completely unrelated to how they look.

Why do/don't you have a self avatar?

Do you like it when other people have a self avatar? Does it help you relate to them more?

I think I have a pretty healthy self-image overall, but I don't use a "self-avatar" because of privacy reasons.

Last edited:
thanks. i knew my mustache was too dashing to resist

Last edited:
Avatar should be avatar. Not your public photo. they should be in album or facebook photo image.

So i will never keep my photo as avatar. I can keep my photo. I love myself and my photo.

On that note, I'm also into the abstraction of the forum, and how I can represent myself with a holistic image rather than the thing I am usually identified by, which is my rather average personage.

Yeah, I see avatars as an opportunity to represent myself with something other than what represents me every day (because that's boring!).

It is true.
I am good looking.

Nobody get any ideas.
Because I'm actually poisonous.

Just kidding..
maybe.

I use my face in my avatar recently because I want to feel connected to myself. :) Usually I would pick something else to be there because honestly, when I look in the mirror I don't feel who I am is how I look. It's weird. I just figure I don't really feel connected to me. I want to percieve myself better and feel unity with my physcial being and internal being.

It is true.
I am good looking.

Nobody get any ideas.
Because I'm actually poisonous.

Just kidding..
maybe.

Yeah Val Kilmer you're pretty hot.

I feel I'm rather average in the looks department. I chose my own picture because when I decided to tread into this neck of the internet jungle I figured I would try to be as open as possible. I could not think of anything else that would aptly describe me and while I do not have gobs of pictures laying around of myself this particular one gives a decent sense of my identity.

Don't sass me boy!

I keep hoping you'll make a big comeback in the movies too, I love all your old work. You were da bomb in Real Genius!

Val Kilmer is the only Madmartigan, he made that role his own. If they do a remake anytime in the future it will fail because they will not have the original Madmartigan and they will not have the original Willow. This was Val's Han Solo.

I shared my photo quite a bit, and I consider myself perhaps average..I just feel like sharing my photos helps me break any shyness, and helps me accept myself more for who I am.

Did anyone ever see the Ghost and the Darkness? Val Kilmar + Michael Douglas + Man eating Lions = yeehaaa!