Say something nice about people you disagree with politically | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Say something nice about people you disagree with politically

I'll say that I respect you significantly more than I used to. That's the actual truth.
It's reciprocal. I wish there were more topics where there was a common ground for us to discuss... but perhaps that would be more awkward than enjoyable. Finding commonality is more interesting than starting on it.

Paul Ryan said torture was illegal and the Republicans plan to support that law.

I don't know anything about the rest of the above, which sounds intriguing but kinda messed up. I'm not going to get involved. I'll check back tomorrow. If America does revert to torture though ? I wanna say right now that Nigel Farage is working for the Chinese and he knows "things". He used to work in Hong Kong. "code name Godzilla"..

Exit to theme of Mission Impossible...
We should have an entire new thread to talk about torture.

Reactions: James
If you're an intj sociopath how do we know your words of kindness are just that and not some hollow affirmation you threw together within the guidelines of the OP? Does that even matter? I can't speak for the other infjs on here but something like this thread can be difficult. It's a really good idea and puts the kindness of its creator's heart on full display, but for me, asking me to say something nice about someone I disagree with is like that time I got in a fight with my sister and my dad separated us and told me to say something nice to her or get spanked. So of course I said something nice. I said, "Well, she has nice tits." Unfortunately, I got in more trouble that day, but my point is, some of us may be struggling with the authenticity of such compliments. It's not that we don't care for or appreciate others, it's that humor and deflection are a lot easier than thinking of and saying things we may not mean in the moment. It's kind of like being put on the spot. (Sort of, except everyone on this thread chose to meander on in...)

For instance, I disagree with @Eventhorizon on just a smidgen over 100% of all things political. (That's not true, it's probably more like 98.84%) A couple of months ago he had a medical procedure and I wished him well and I meant it, because I genuinely care about him as a person and have enjoyed a few lighthearted exchanges with him. However, once I got in this thread, I only said his typos were cute. Sure, it may not really mean anything, but at least I didn't say, "@Eventhorizon, you fucking retard! "Why you gotta fat finger every other word!? You're making Republicans look bad!"

By this point in my post you may have realized that I'm just rambling. There's a reason for it. I'm building authenticity. In my head as I'm typing this, I'm imagining a conversation with a giant murderous bird. Without this conversation, I'm inclined to say, "Wow Flavus Flav, you sure have some sexy talons!" Instead, now that I've created a "genuine" moment with you I am able to say:

Flavus Flav, when I first joined this forum, I thought you were the most uptight, conceited, hate peddling, scum fucking troll I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing in my life. (That's not true, my sister is...the one with the nice tits) But I don't think that way anymore. While I don't agree with your positions on many issues, I appreciate how you present yourself and your ideals in a way that often leads to open discussion on sensitive issues. You make a serious attempt to keep threads on topic and moving in a direction that promotes growth and understanding despite the valiant attempts of some assholes to derail.(not me) You present yourself with a maturity and intelligence that is quite admirable and I appreciate your willingness to expose yourself, learn and grow with other members of this forum. I'm glad you are here. Some of your thread topics have made me think about things I hadn't given much thought to. For that, I am thankful. I am even more thankful that you haven't turned me down for a cuddle yet. Your cuddles are the best, you big murder bird. Flavus Flav will you marry me?

I like this. I wonder if you know why. Its straight forward, honest and I dont have to guess what you mean.

Im guessing but fairly sure that I am right about this. Most violent liberals, and from what I can tell thats at least 80% of liberals in America have never stepped foot in another country. Perhaps never stepped foot out of their own state.

As for making republicans look bad in regard to anything I do? I am not a Republican. I can only make myself look bad.

In regard to typos.... I suspect they ARE annoying. Odd how it would probably be a very simple thing to correct them before I post but dont so what does that tell you? Either, I simply dont care what you or anyone else thinks on the subject because well.... I dont care. Or maybe its not a simple issue to go back and correct them. I type most of my stuff VERY quickly on a phone. This one is even smaller than the one before and I have large hands. Sometimes I am just to lazy to go back and change crap...sometimes the freaking phone changes a word I have already typed a sentence later and I dont notice it. Sometimes, I just dont care to change it.

That you disagree with me is acceptable. Im glad for it whenever someone can show me how I have not thought of everything and that I do not have all of the information that helps to make a good conclusion. That happens about .09% of the time.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I take everything back.
marcia-b-holding-eagle-katz-jpg.702

That is a crazy lady. That beak is free.

That happens about .09% of the time

I suggest you put away the abacus and get a real calculator because your calculations are way off...

Really though, I don't have any true opinions about your typos or making republicans look bad. I only brought up typos because for some reason I remember another thread where you said your phone is the reason for so many typos. It happens to me too. I'm anal about my typos because I like anal, but I don't catch them all. Oh well. Your typos don't detract from your wrongness at all so it's all good.

Honestly, I was just using some of our interaction as an example of authentic vs. inauthentic kindness and how different situations can affect how kindness is dispensed. I was also fishing for a segue into the true intent of my post and that is to marry Flavus...

I suggest you put away the abacus and get a real calculator because your calculations are way off...

Really though, I don't have any true opinions about your typos or making republicans look bad. I only brought up typos because for some reason I remember another thread where you said your phone is the reason for so many typos. It happens to me too. I'm anal about my typos because I like anal, but I don't catch them all. Oh well. Your typos don't detract from your wrongness at all so it's all good.

Honestly, I was just using some of our interaction as an example of authentic vs. inauthentic kindness and how different situations can affect how kindness is dispensed. I was also fishing for a segue into the true intent of my post and that is to marry Flavus...
That's nice.
Now, can you give the poor cat a break?

I was also fishing for a segue into the true intent of my post and that is to marry Flavus...

I think I just heard @James ' heart breaking, the soul-crushing sound of its shattering making even the most stoic of individuals within hearing range weep. Have you really gotten over Jamison so quickly? Did your time together eating watercress pizza and changing each other's socks mean so little to you?

I think I just heard @James ' heart breaking, the soul-crushing sound of its shattering making even the most stoic of individuals within hearing range weep. Have you really gotten over Jamison so quickly? Did your time together eating watercress pizza and changing each other's socks mean so little to you?

Being with Jamison is a struggle. He's so inconsistent. Sometimes he's angry and we fight, sometimes he's a joy to be around. I need consistency in my life right now and Flavus represents that in continuous bickering. None of the back and forth, rollercoaster business. However, I am more than happy to keep him as a side piece...

Being with Jamison is a struggle. He's so inconsistent. Sometimes he's angry and we fight, sometimes he's a joy to be around. I need consistency in my life right now and Flavus represents that in continuous bickering. None of the back and forth, rollercoaster business. However, I am more than happy to keep him as a side piece...

Side piece LOL!

There are two sides to every story. @James ?

@Anywhere But Here @hush

I was on the "rebound" it was only ever going to be a temporary thing. I've moved on and hopefully so has Milky. He's trying to blame me, as he's still hurting. He never quite got over losing the Presidential race. I suggested counselling to him, but he has to want to do that, for it to work.

I understand, and have no bad feelings about him. I wish him the best in all his future bromances. ;)