Say something nice about people you disagree with politically | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Say something nice about people you disagree with politically

Liberals and Conservatives both have good intentions.
Liberals and Conservatives both have good intentions.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Im glad you get to live through life blissfully.

Try again.
I know saying nice things is beyond you. How about leaving others alone who can say nice things.

Well I wouldn't say people I disagree with are living in (ignorant?) bliss. But I do think that those I disagree with are not hell bent on destroying the country. I think they want much of the same things as I do, just have different ideas of how to achieve it. So I don't think pundits on either side (whose job it is to exploit those differences for ratings) are conductive to actually having any sort of common ground discussions. If people could abandon political tribalism and actually spend time relating and talking to each other we would be in a better place.

Last edited:
Forgot about this thread...
(here goes)

@Eventhorizon

I know we disagree on 99% of shit politically (and in other ways)...but I think you do have a big heart and can be incredibly kind and thoughtful to people when you put yourself out there.
I never have wished anything negative on you or against you or your life.
Surely we will clash again, but I will never hate you Sir.
I wish you much peace, happiness, and contentment in your life, now and in the future.
I’ll leave it at that, have a nice day.

Forgot about this thread...
(here goes)

@Eventhorizon

I know we disagree on 99% of shit politically (and in other ways)...but I think you do have a big heart and can be incredibly kind and thoughtful to people when you put yourself out there.
I never have wished anything negative on you or against you or your life.
Surely we will clash again, but I will never hate you Sir.
I wish you much peace, happiness, and contentment in your life, now and in the future.
I’ll leave it at that, have a nice day.

I think the same way about you. Im not sure why our interactions have to be so venomous but Ive long since stopped trying to figure it out.

I think the same way about you. Im not sure why our interactions have to be so venomous but Ive long since stopped trying to figure it out.

We’re both just stubborn AF about our convictions. :)

It has more to do with dismissive responses to factually based arguments then ardently held convictions. When a person is thoughtfully engaged in determining the veracity of information they are processing into position on a policy or event and they put forth their take on said policy or event only to have another person state that they are not only wrong, but are suffering from a debilitating mental condition, it is difficult to react in a way that is not impulsive and defensive.

It has more to do with dismissive responses to factually based arguments then ardently held convictions. When a person is thoughtfully engaged in determining the veracity of information they are processing into position on a policy or event and they put forth their take on said policy or event only to have another person state that they are not only wrong, but are suffering from a debilitating mental condition, it is difficult to react in a way that is not impulsive and defensive.
Agree for sure.
(trying to be niiiice Stu! lol)

@Eventhorizon I don’t think you are a bad person. Like most people you’ve done “bad” things that you are self aware of and likely regret, but overall all I do think you are good and not a mean person. I’ve said it before that life hasn’t always handed you a great deck, however you appear to be striving to make things work out and that I respect and wish you all the best.

I think you come here because you like the vibe and kindness of INFJs and I do hope you find happiness in Oregon as it’s a beautiful state, and from the pictures you’ve posted I think it’s exactly where you need to be at this point in your life.
:jumphug: < friendly hug

HP

Last edited:
@Eventhorizon I don’t think you are a bad person. Like most people you’ve done “bad” things that you are self aware of and likely regret, but overall all I do think you are good and not a mean person. I’ve said it before that life hasn’t always handed you a great deck, however you appear to be striving to make things work out and that I respect and wish you all the best.

I think you come here because you like the vibe and kindness of INFJs and I do hope you find happiness in your life Oregon is a beautiful state and from the pictures you’ve posted I think it’s exactly where you need to be at this point in your life.
:jumphug: < friendly hug

HP
Thanks for your perspective. I dont think you are a bad person. Though it takes me.years before I can or will say I feel as if I know someone well enough to be assured in my opinion. And thats with fairly constant contact.

Thanks for your perspective. I dont think you are a bad person. Though it takes me.years before I can or will say I feel as if I know someone well enough to be assured in my opinion. And thats with fairly constant contact.
It’s obvious I’m not a bad person but you already know that. I wouldn’t take the time to be kind to you if I were. My sense of humor throws you off at times but I do believe you’re catching on. :p