Say something nice about people you disagree with politically | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Say something nice about people you disagree with politically

but somehow knowing that everyone is capable of doing anything, no matter how repugnant makes it seem like the ones that actually do terrible things aren't different from everyone else... but their actions are.

Agreed. We're all potentially capable of doing terrible things. Denying the shadow side which acknowledges this potential evil within, is I think what allows some people to perpetrate evil acts.

Sadly, due to the agreement @hush made me sign, I do not

ada1eda3091387ed589f95cd974c2c16.jpg

8bf49bfbd8a424939e8a36c98ea161fff85d9bcf5adec32bf1cca4cdf4b28b22_1.jpg

Sadly there was no agreement signed.... :patpat:
You made me do it in a dream, and everything you do in my dreams are REAL

I remembered this thread, and figured it was a bit pertinent here.

https://www.infjs.com/threads/is-political-difference-a-deal-breaker.32745/

My thoughts there.

I realized I hadn't really responded to this thread saying something nice to someone with political views different from mine, and then also realized it was because it felt a bit silly. Political beliefs aren't black and white, and I've said nice things, from the heart, to people with different views from mine all the time. If political difference isn't a deal-breaker for me in regards to being able to be in a relationship with someone, it would be extremely odd to not be able to say nice things about someone you're in a relationship, lol. "Well, he's a complete asshole and I can't say one nice thing about him, but here we are!" So basically, as long as you're not a complete asshole, it should be pretty easy to find something nice to say.

I think politics just tends to heat people up, especially with the political atmosphere as it is right now. So many people at each other's throats and placing so much weight on politics, but people are so much more than their political views. This kind of makes me appreciate the premise of ezra's OP more, because I know these are hard times right now, to be able to look past politics. We get blinded by our biases, often without even realizing it.
A thousand likes.

Something nice about people I disagree with politically: They have opinions and that's good, it means they have the capacity to think.

And..um..thinking is good.

:m170::m176:
You forgot to say that most of them have the sense of touch... that's a good thing to have.... so surely that's a nice thing to say.
*That's not even a compliment, it's nasty sarcasm*

I can't believe, that me: the INTJ sociopath, is surprised by how devoid of kindness you INFJs are.

If you're American (or have an interest), you can't say you're not a self-loving narcissist unless you can at lest say something genuinely nice about someone who isn't part of your echo chamber: a Trump, or Clinton voter. (I voted for neither and am not an American). You all are kind of uber petty and showing towering insecurity if you can't say something remotely nice+genuine.

You forgot to say that most of them have the sense of touch... that's a good thing to have.... so surely that's a nice thing to say.

I can't believe, that me: the INTJ sociopath, is surprised by how devoid of kindness you INFJs are.

If you're American (or have an interest), you can't say you're not a self-loving narcissist unless you can at lest say something genuinely nice about someone who isn't part of your echo chamber: a Trump, or Clinton voter. (I voted for neither and am not an American). You all are kind of uber petty and showing towering insecurity if you can't say something remotely nice+genuine.

I think you're a good person.

Well...the website IS called infjs...so if you don't like INFJs..

Perhaps your idea of what kindness is, is somehow different from others.

This whole thread is equivalent to a "Now Kiss" meme. Just because you force people to kiss, doesn't mean they will have feelings for one another.

I must say it was very very hard to come up with anything positive to say especially in the current climate. It took a lot of dissolving my ego and letting go of having to be right. Inherently though, peace has to start somewhere and why not right here.

Perhaps your idea of what kindness is, is somehow different from others.

This whole thread is equivalent to a "Now Kiss" meme. Just because you force people to kiss, doesn't mean they will have feelings for one another.
Being goaded into participating made me take notice. What I noticed is the hypocrisy that INFJs are forever admonishing others to be nice to each other... but seem existentially incapable of it themselves. Hypocrisy bugs me, especially self-deluded hypocrisy.

Imo, no INFJ should ever encourage anyone to be nice to others (to people with whom they are not already nice), unless they can do it themselves.

I don't mind if none of you can be nice to people who are "other".... just don't be surprised when people notice and comment that it's bs hypocrisy when you expect others to do it.

Paul Ryan said torture was illegal and the Republicans plan to support that law.

I don't know anything about the rest of the above, which sounds intriguing but kinda messed up. I'm not going to get involved. I'll check back tomorrow. If America does revert to torture though ? I wanna say right now that Nigel Farage is working for the Chinese and he knows "things". He used to work in Hong Kong. "code name Godzilla"..

Exit to theme of Mission Impossible...