Romance | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Romance

Not much really. I remember at one time I went out with an INTJ, we did karaoke and at the end she jumped into my arms and I held her. We walked to my house that night, and stopped off at the river (I wanted to try making love by the river at night) of course it didnt work out because there were mosquitos.

Its amazing how they pull it off in hollywood films. :m081:

Hah! yeah. All that build up only to be foiled by mosquitoes!

:mtap:

Last edited:
Yes, but thats part of the thrill!

Not to mention how awkward it would of been If someone decided to walk down by the river with their dog. :m190:

i was jogging by a river at dusk the past summer and ran across a couple having sex on a park bench. they were loud.

Ok... so I didn't throw these questions out there for nothing. I will be back in a bit to answer all of these questions.. Thanks to everyone who has been sharing. :D

So the other day I saw an episode on the travel channel about people's luxurious second homes. And one of the recurring themes was how romantic they all were. I say they were romantic because of the fact that the guy on tv continually used the term "romantic getaway" in describing the house's... :D
Anyway, it got me to thinking about romance and I came up with these questions..

But before I answered them for myself and others, I wanted to know what the true definition was of the word, or at least the dictionary's definition... because, hey.. maybe I think it's one thing, when in fact it's another, right?

So when I looked up romance, I was kind of shocked to find the definition.

ro⋅mance

1  /n., adj. roʊˈm

It's a long one...

How important is romance in a relationship to you?
Well my definition of romance equals a display of love and affection. Sometimes it's very grand and oozing of cliches, but often times it's just the sharing of one's innermost thoughts and soul, through words or action. Time is a precious gift, and having the opportunity to share it intimately with another is my idea of romance.
That being said.. I believe that romance should be a vital part of a relationship. Sadly that is not always the case...

What is your idea of the ULTIMATE romantic weekend?
Honestly, I can't even seem to wrap my head around this. The resounding theme in my mind is being with someone I love, who loves me. Usually I am the giver, in this situation I could see that being the case, but ultimately I would like the entire weekend to be us giving to each other and not just a one way thing.. It doesn't matter what we do, as long as we are together, on the same page, in love.

What is the most romantic thing that has ever happened to you?
I have to tell you, well I don't have to.. but I will tell you... I have had a lot of displays of affection in my life. Or at least in my opinion I have.

My very first relationship was dripping with fairytale cliches... I've had poems written for me, imaginary worlds created, been given candies, teddy bears, and flowers... I accepted it all, fell for it all, and gave my love and affection in return.. only to find out later it was not real. It was all in attempt to gain me and possess me. Not love me.. have me.

It was hard to realize that my love was not the same love everyone had, not the same as what some people are certain love is. So in an attempt to not go through this again, I tended to stay away from things that shone or glittered to heavily, and tried instead to stay with the simple things like real conversation and just being together.

All of the grandness I've witnessed first hand does not even come close or compare to one or two gestures that were shown to me by one of my very dearest friends. The most romantic thing that has ever happened to me is being loved. I didn't know it at the time... oh, such a silly girl... I didn't see it then.. but things are always 20/20 in retrospect right.

So, the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me was being told no. I was 19 and going through one of the worst phases of my life. I was alone, I was lost, and I was so very very down. I didn't know what to believe in anymore and I wanted to prove every bad thing I was ever told that I was, and every bad thing I believed to be true, right.

One night, I got really drunk and walked over to my best friends house. He was and is possibly the best person I have ever met.. at least in my opinion. And I planned to seduce him to prove to myself that in the end guys are only after one thing and love didn't matter, so I should just stop caring. I had never really tried a seduction before, so I told him I wasn't feeling well because I was drunk and asked if I could stay over. Of course he said yes, and took me to his room to put me to sleep. I sort of threw my self at him.. I kissed him and took off my shirt. I pulled him to me and told him that I wanted to be with him.. He went with it at first, because we've always really been attracted to each other. And I thought for sure I was going to be proven right... but then he stopped. He looked at me. He saw me, and he said no. He told me I wasn't thinking clearly and he didn't want me to regret being with him. He told me he loved me.. he showed me he loved me, and he left. He says he kicks himself in the butt for that all the time.. But he has no idea what that night did for me. That's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me.. As embarrassing as telling that story is...

What is the most romantic thing you've ever done?
Okay... Here's another embarrassing story... but very cliche... very very... Okay... I am the kind of girl who writes poems, and does all of those sparkly shiny things... because I don't want the people I love and care for not to know that I love and care about them. I sing songs, I cook dinners, I light candles, I bring flowers.. That is me... and it's not to gain possession, it is to show love.. which is why I was so easily taken in my first relationship... I thought they were genuine like my gestures.... **silly silly girl** Anyway, one of the most romantic things I've ever done was for my husbands birthday. I waited for him to come home, I lit candles all the way up the stairs, I took flower petals and made arrows out of paper and led them up the stairs as well... I had a bath tub full of water and bubbles waiting for him, and beer... lol.. While he took a relaxing bath I waited for him... well let's just say there was a cool whip bikini and strawberries involved... *blushes* lol... Then while he got ready I had a nice meal I prepared laid out at the table with flowers and more candles.. We had dinner and just laughed and talked and drank all night.. I'm such a goober.. (Gosh... I just tell you guys everything don't I?) *shrugs* My husband would freak out if he knew I told you guys everything.... oh well. I feel oddly comfortable here...

Last edited: