Repeating things | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Repeating things

So, when I have discussion with someone and we don't agree, I have a habbit to repeat my point of view, that is main part of it. It is not rare that I get "I heard you, why are you repeating?" sentence. My problem is that I keep repeating beacuse I have feeling that other person doesn't get the point. I can't help myself:) Does anybody has that problem, too? I could be just so frustrated when I think that other one don't see my part of story. Huh!

Yup.

I think it has to do with our desire to help others and having strong feelings on how things should be (Fe) and our sense that there is only one answer (Ni)... and when we see something important that they clearly don't, we keep at them. It's like the world won't be a better place until they understand what we are saying.

I frequently have to remind myself that if they didn't get it the first few times, then they're not going to get it after a few more times, and all I'm going to do is push them into bolstering their resistance to what I am saying.

I have a tendency to repeat the main idea, but not in the same way. I take a lot of different approaches to get my point across, especially because if someone doesn't understand it the first time, that usually means you need to try a different angle. Also, explaining things simply in many different ways is difficult, but oh-so-helpful once you understand the art of it. It's also a great skill to have when you need to teach people.

And that's why, like Gloomy, I make an effort to come at the subject from different directions, using analogies and personal examples. My basic Ni + Fe desire to make the other person understand the one truth remains, but I try to use Ti and Se to augment it and approach from other directions that might work better.

I repeat things in debates, but in subtly different ways, so they person I'm debating with doesn't really notice but it kind of works like a broken record :)
Unless I'm just messing around and not taking the debate seriously, then I just repeat myself because it's funny when they say things that back up my point.

Outside of debates, I find I have to repeat myself fairly often 'cause either no one can hear me or they aren't listening XD

Some people are idiots and need to have things repeated to them.

LOL,

I think some people need it beat into them.

J/K of course....

WHAT?

lol, I always repeat my point of view over and over, specially when discussing current world matters online or when the teacher makes us share in class, and it is true, people often need to have things repeated to them as sometimes they just don't get what your trying to say.