Regarding forum conflicts (please read) | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Regarding forum conflicts (please read)

Y'all need a beer and some sunshine.

Reactions: rawr
Y'all need a beer and some sunshine.

200.gif

Firstly, I have no problem with amad's views nor do I feel the need to ignore him. What I do have a problem with is his behavior in going about expressing his views and how it affects everybody else of the forum be they new users or established users.

Let me refer you all to the rules of the forum:

Suggesting to use the ignore function is placing the burden of policy enforcement on every other user than the one who necessitates it.

Edit: Also to clarify, I'm not advocating an immediate or permanent banning, but some form of adjudication does seem warranted. If we all need to go and report his posts to make it formal, then I will do so and encourage others to do so.

The current moderation system was set up to correct the pitfalls of the past system wherein Shai Gar banned whoever he felt like whenever he felt like it. So yes, please use the report button. The current system doesn't work if nobody uses it. Nobody has reported amab, and it is much easier to do something about problematic posts if lots of people have an issue with them and report them rather than me or another mod taking on a role similar to Shai Gar. Even if you know I've read something, I'd still prefer you report it so that I'm not forced to act in a more unilateral manner.

And the ignore function is important because this forum does have a bad habit of feeding trolls. So I'd advise people, when they encounter stuff that seems clearly against the forum rules, to report it then ignore that person.

Reactions: Free

#1 Amad made clear that he was not a christian. http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30472&page=15&p=843946&highlight=christian#post843946 "I am not a christain."

I also made it clear to some users that amad was not adhereing to christian teachings

I would also like also state that I am not a Christian... Yet, I find it upsetting that many users here found it okay to drag all, even non-assholish, Christians through the mud when amad was clear about his position of not being a christian and also made it clear that he was using all his biblical texts out context and even pulled things out of random books that fit his 'own understanding' worldview or agenda or whatever it is.

I would also like to point out that Christianity was never a point of discussion.

#1 Amad made clear that he was not a christian. http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30472&page=15&p=843946&highlight=christian#post843946 "I am not a christain."

I also made it clear to some users that amad was not adhereing to christian teachings

I would also like also state that I am not a Christian... Yet, I find it upsetting that many users here found it okay to drag all, even non-assholish, Christians through the mud when amad was clear about his position of not being a christian and also made it clear that he was using all his biblical texts out context and even pulled things out of random books that fit his 'own understanding' worldview or agenda or whatever it is.

I would also like to point out that Christianity was never a point of discussion.

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29955&page=13&p=842448#post842448

Souls in Heaven, I don't know if they have gender or not.

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29955&page=13&p=842410#post842410

Yes I believe there are male or female souls only, why should we label them as intersex.

Seems like a liar to me, so take whatever he says with a very large grain of salt.

Reactions: rawr

I noticed. I have gotten used to this form of back-peddling on my many years of forum discussion and debate. There are many reasons a person does this but it is not always because the person inherently a liar. I do wish he would just verbally concede as would be a respectable approach. I do feel progress in the fact that he dropped that idea at all. Overall it is hard to have a discussion with someone who continually changes their position but it is to be expected when he is making this up as he goes along grabbing anything that supports his theories. I don't necessarily reject this approach if it is part of some learning process but he comes in claiming to have all the answers while at the same time changing his position. This can be irritating and confusing for everyone even people trying to have a solid and legitimate discussion.

Overall the only thing I can gain from his value system is that holds masculinity in the highest regard and his actions show that other values are of a lower priority. But I could be wrong. I shouldn't make assumptions about people but I have to start somewhere.

There are many reasons a person does this but it is not always because the person inherently a liar. I do wish he would just verbally concede as would be a respectable approach.

Taken together, that is the very definition of a liar. You can be mistaken or be inconsistent, but to be honest you would have to include that acknowledgment. Do you have some other definition for what constitutes a liar that I should consider? I don't mean to say he is a perpetual liar or lies about every single things, but it is an instance of lying (until he acknowledges it).

Taken together, that is the very definition of a liar. You can be mistaken or be inconsistent, but to be honest you would have to include that acknowledgment. Do you have some other definition for what constitutes a liar that I should consider? I don't mean to say he is a perpetual liar or lies about every single things, but it is an instance of lying (until he acknowledges it).

That is the definition of a 'lie', yes. But to call him a liar assumes that his many of his future actions will reflect this one action. I generally do not make such assumptions on the first instance.

I mean consider your own contradictory statements...

Seems like a liar to me, so take whatever he says with a very large grain of salt.
I don't mean to say he is a perpetual liar or lies about every single things, but it is an instance of lying (until he acknowledges it).

This is another, harder to see, form of back-peddling.

So considering your new position that he must acknowledge the lie in order to not be a liar..

I wouldn't say that he would continue lying just because he didn't verbally acknowledge it to you as he may simply choose to acknowledge it to himself and make a change. I also wouldn't assume that he would lie in every situation. Everyone lies but it is important to consider in which situations they lie in.

Anyways this is becoming a long argument over a simple thing...

Last edited:
That is the definition of a 'lie', yes. But to call him a liar assumes that his many of his future actions will reflect this one action. I generally do not make such assumptions on the first instance.

A liar can be someone who tells a lie. I think you mean to infer that I mean he is a perpetual liar, a pathological liar, a compulsive liar, or something along such lines. I make no such assumptions that he WILL do so, but that given the one instance that he MAY continue to do so.

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] Ok, we butted heads on a couple of meaningless things in the past but you leaving the forum has made me so EFFING upset! Please don't leave. I value your opinions even when I don't agree with them and I think you are such an important part of the dynamic of this forum.

I am reporting [MENTION=14048]amad[/MENTION] as I should have done in the first place. We give him way too much power to rock the forum boat as much as he has and I am done with it.

[MENTION=834]Dragon[/MENTION] is absolutely right that we need to report these things and them slap them on ignore. Sprinkles and the others shouldn't be the ones to moderate trolls, although I thank you all for doing it. I believe everyone has the right to state their opinions but the forum has proven time and time again that amad is nothing but a troll who gets off stirring things up. I will not let him win.

[MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION]

This place has slowly drawn me down into a spiral of hell. I can see it.

When I first came here I would talk about peace. I would talk about yin and yang, and feng shui. I would talk about zen. Back then I wasn't really able to get very angry at people. I recall even saying that I don't get angry very easily...

I felt so nice back then and I do not like what I've become. I've done a lot of bad and irrational things lately. I don't like being this way. I don't want to be angry at people. It makes me feel nothing but anguish.

A liar can be someone who tells a lie. I think you mean to infer that I mean he is a perpetual liar, a pathological liar, a compulsive liar, or something along such lines. I make no such assumptions that he WILL do so, but that given the one instance that he MAY continue to do so.

Then I guess we are the same page.

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

By leaving you mean take a break? I wouldn't think you would permanently leave all your relationships you built and the people here over one person.

Anyways I live out in the woods and I think a good walk out into nature and just listening to the water running down the small creek would be good for myself. There are so many emotions going on right now. I find that nature is perfect for quieting the spirit. Mindfulness I guess ...

Last edited:
[MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION]

This place has slowly drawn me down into a spiral of hell. I can see it.

When I first came here I would talk about peace. I would talk about yin and yang, and feng shui. I would talk about zen. Back then I wasn't really able to get very angry at people. I recall even saying that I don't get angry very easily...

I felt so nice back then and I do not like what I've become. I've done a lot of bad and irrational things lately. I don't like being this way. I don't want to be angry at people. It makes me feel nothing but anguish.

I understand how you feel, and that it's a long time coming it seems. But how I see it is that you continually speak out against people like amad when others are silenced. It's exhausting, I'm sure. But I see you as more of a knight in shining armor for the forum and it fills me with great sadness to know that you want to leave. I understand your reasons, it's hard being one of the few to always stand up to these jerks.

So yeah, anyway, don't kill me for grabbing your leg and letting you drag me as you walk away...

napi-erdekes-es-vicces-kepek-39.jpg

A nice vacation might be in order, but I hope you don't leave permanently. Take some time for yourself. I agree with [MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION]. You're a great person and I'd like to hear back from you again soon. Plenty of people go on hiatus or take some time away from the forum.

By leaving you mean take a break? I wouldn't think you would leave all your relationships you built and the people here over one person not being banned...

Not because of him, because of me. And I've done it twice before - once on INTJ's and once on Personality Cafe. I'm permanently banned from both places because I asked to be. Been that way for years now.

This time it's hard. I don't know why. Before I didn't even give people a chance, I just did it. So it's not like I don't fully intend to... but this time is different.

Not because of him, because of me. And I've done it twice before - once on INTJ's and once on Personality Cafe. I'm permanently banned from both places because I asked to be. Been that way for years now.

This time it's hard. I don't know why. Before I didn't even give people a chance, I just did it. So it's not like I don't fully intend to... but this time is different.

I am curious if empathy overload is along the lines of what often drives you to defend people and causes you so much pain and suffering. It can also be confusing when you lose sight of what are your emotions and what are the emotions of those you perceive (real or not). There is a lot of documentation on empathy overload and tips on how to deal with it if that on the internet.

I am curious if empathy overload is along the lines of what often drives you to defend people and causes you so much pain and suffering. It can also be confusing when you lose sight of what are your emotions and what are the emotions of those you perceive (real or not). There is a lot of documentation on empathy overload and tips on how to deal with it if that on the internet.

This sounds plausible.

[MENTION=9860]Grayman[/MENTION]

I looked it up. I'm pretty sure that's what is happening.

I agree with [MENTION=13723]Misadventure[/MENTION].

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION], you are a multi-faceted gem and always bring something valuable to this place whether it's a different perspective on a certain view point or just some random silliness. You challenge people who are stuck in their own self-created little boxes and as such contribute a great deal to this forum. I understand completely if you are not benefiting in any way from being here, and if you also feel that the forum is sort of leeching away at you. I get that. I will not beg you to stay, you should always do what you feel is the right thing, but I will say that you will be missed.

Reactions: Misadventure