Regarding forum conflicts (please read) | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Regarding forum conflicts (please read)

Thanks guys...

I was chomping at the bit to take an effectively permanent holiday and was basically one step from diving into it and almost couldn't wait anymore.

Now at the very least I don't feel the urge to rush it. I realize now that I can take as much time as I want to decide what I want.

Reactions: Free
Some times the hardest battle is against yourself.

Posted this before a long time ago it seems...
[video=youtube;_u-DLUm8A9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u-DLUm8A9Q#t=156[/video]

Black Rock Shooter: I want to be hurt, properly, by myself!

Insane BRS: You want to be hurt?

Black Rock Shooter: Yeah I do! There are worlds you can't see otherwise! I want to see them! Even the color of pain, I want to see them all for myself.
I don't want wounds that can heal before I even realize I'm hurt! I want to get hurt properly.

Insane BRS: I'll hurt you then.

Insane BRS: Your wounds won't heal as fast as ours. Why won't you use it?

Black Rock Shooter: I don't want to... ever!

Insane BRS: It's unfair. You want to get hurt without hurting anyone else. It's unfair. The pain of hurting someone... You can't get hurt without hurting someone else.

#1 Amad made clear that he was not a christian. http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30472&page=15&p=843946&highlight=christian#post843946 "I am not a christain."

I also made it clear to some users that amad was not adhereing to christian teachings

I would also like also state that I am not a Christian... Yet, I find it upsetting that many users here found it okay to drag all, even non-assholish, Christians through the mud when amad was clear about his position of not being a christian and also made it clear that he was using all his biblical texts out context and even pulled things out of random books that fit his 'own understanding' worldview or agenda or whatever it is.

I would also like to point out that Christianity was never a point of discussion.

Please re-read the meme and chill out.

A hug for errybody.

iStock_000001212869CatonShoulderMedium.jpg

Reactions: DonTaushMe and rawr
This is another, harder to see, form of back-peddling.

So considering your new position that he must acknowledge the lie in order to not be a liar..

I wouldn't say that he would continue lying just because he didn't verbally acknowledge it to you as he may simply choose to acknowledge it to himself and make a change. I also wouldn't assume that he would lie in every situation. Everyone lies but it is important to consider in which situations they lie in.

Anyways this is becoming a long argument over a simple thing...

That wasn't back-peddling. That was you taking a phrase out of context. Taking whatever he says as a lie and taking whatever he says with a grain of salt imply two very different things. One says he is a liar and everything he says is a lie. The other says he has lied so be wary of the potential for future occurrences.

take something with a grain of salt

to consider something to be not completely true or right: I've read the article, which I take with a grain of salt.
Related vocabulary: hard to swallow
Etymology: based on the idea that food tastes better and is easier to swallow if you add a little salt

Acknowledging it to yourself does nothing to change the fact that one misled another one. One who values honesty makes an honest effort to amend that. One who lies does not. Being honest and being deceitful are social labels based on communication. It's different from being true or false.

I think a fairer point you could make was the context under which I quoted you by and made the initial point. That just because he lied doesn't necessitate what I quoted you as saying as being false.

I've tried to make it clear that I have nothing against Christianity but only aggressive and forceful proselytizing and I think Skarekrow is of the same mind, so that's not really the issue at all. As you said, Christianity wasn't the issue to begin with. I was simply trying to allude to the fact that we can't construct strong arguments on the premises of an untrustworthy narrator.

That you were attempting to make the distinction that I was already aware of isn't back-peddling, but a clarification. I wasn't clear enough by my quoted response to you. That is a fair point.

Reactions: Free

First I am not a dom intuit (Ni).

Yet everyone here posts these things that require a intuitive understanding of the background behind the picture of video etc...
I accept that I am in a INFJ forum and have to deal with consequences of being around a number of highly intuitive individuals who simply speak this way without a thought.

That being said, I made number of assumptions about your intention of posting this, who it references, and the time of reference.

I assumed this was about the posts made in the 'Thread Closing... " thread regarding the posters who made posts about Christianity in general. I assumed this was a defense against amad's accusation that christians were being attacked. You are basically saying that they were not attacking christians but attacking 'the asshole'.

If these assumptions are correct than I disagree with your defense on the grounds that various individuals used satire and mockery and one in particular used it in regards to Jesus. Considering that jesus is the guy(God) they worship and hold in the highest regard, it is safe to assume that such comments are flaming, baiting, and simply hurtful to christians.

But then maybe I misinterpreted what you were insinuating with your post....

Are you mentally incompetent Matt? (now you get to taste of your own medicine : )

The two statements I said are not contradicting, a lie?! : )

1-Souls in Heaven, I don't know if they have gender or not.

2-Yes I believe there are male or female souls only, why should we label them as intersex.

The first sentence only was in reply of Grayman's talk about souls in HEAVEN. whereas I maintain that souls on EARTH are only male or female, capito?

Now go take something else out of context and let's see who the liar is.

[MENTION=4822]Matt3737[/MENTION]

So while you keep using these insults against me:

Matt3737:
-Dumb
-A nobody
-Shitstain
-Mentally incompetent
-Idiot
-Unbelievably Stupid

You still have the guts to turn around and say:

Matt373: [MENTION=14048]amad[/MENTION]
You should apologize for your obvious breach of social etiquette

and then you post the forum rules which condemn your own continuous breach of decency when talking about me.

3.Attack or provoke another member or group of members by means of insult, ad hominem, rudeness or button-pushing.

You have some nerve Matt! : )

Yet everyone here posts these things that require a intuitive understanding of the background behind the picture of video etc...
I accept that I am in a INFJ forum and have to deal with consequences of being around a number of highly intuitive individuals who simply speak this way without a thought.

That being said, I made number of assumptions about your intention of posting this, who it references, and the time of reference.

I assumed this was about the posts made in the 'Thread Closing... " thread regarding the posters who made posts about Christianity in general. I assumed this was a defense against amad's accusation that christians were being attacked. You are basically saying that they were not attacking christians but attacking 'the asshole'.

If these assumptions are correct than I disagree with your defense on the grounds that various individuals used satire and mockery and one in particular used it in regards to Jesus. Considering that jesus is the guy(God) they worship and hold in the highest regard, it is safe to assume that such comments are flaming, baiting, and simply hurtful to christians.

When did amad make such an accusation? I am pretty sure I never insinuated that he was Christian given his name has Islamic tones to it and I was never sure what his intentions ever really were to begin with. Christianity has been brought up due to just me, as he is an avowed Christian and he started the thread. I can't imagine why amad would make such an accusation while also stating he's not Christian, but then again I wouldn't be surprised that he just states whatever manipulative thing he wishes.

I took Skarekrow's meme to only apply to him. It's one I also agree with and reiterate, but I can't speak for everyone.

Given that multiple people are involved across multiple threads, I can understand the confusion. I don't recall specifically, but I do take your word for it that it likely occurred. I agree with you too. It's not appropriate, but I'd need to look at each specific instance as it may have been directed at just me for his starting the thread and the posting of the disturbing image and attempting to justify his position as a Christian (it could be the case that he too was generalizing for Christians where others responded to that generalization).

I do agree with you. It's not okay to generalize or devalue Christianity based on the behavior of a few individuals. As I've been arguing on multiple fronts against nearly everyone at some point, I've been drained and even if I noticed it I likely chose not to pursue it at the time as I was highly involved in managing my focus and picking my arguments. just me does not speak for or represent all Christians and we should not condemn or generalize all Christians based on the actions or interpretations of a few.

I'd really have to go back and look through it all again. I apologize if I did not do enough, say enough, or speak up against each wrong being committed.

What if I told you I believed in Jesus?

FoolhardySmartDobermanpinscher.gif

Are you mentally incompetent Matt? (now you get to taste of your own medicine : )

The two statements I said are not contradicting, a lie?! : )

1-Souls in Heaven, I don't know if they have gender or not.

2-Yes I believe there are male or female souls only, why should we label them as intersex.

The first sentence only was in reply of Grayman's talk about souls in HEAVEN. whereas I maintain that souls on EARTH are only male or female, capito?

Now go take something else out of context and let's see who the liar is.

That's an interesting argument. A soul apparently is whatever you want it to be other than intersexed, transgendered, or homosexual. You're right though. Maybe I was wrong to call you a liar. I apologize. I think your level of insistence and determination to hate, discriminate, demean, and belittle intersex, transgendered, and homosexuals was proof enough that you likely were not lying and that you do believe those things you stated.

It's too bad you won't be responding to me anymore, but your behavior was well beyond acceptable by any means or measure. Maybe you'll attempt a more positive attitude towards the next people before you unload upon them with such a level of contemptible disgust.

I'm sorry for the insults also. I didn't think you'd be offended since, well, you didn't seem to think homosexuals would be offended at being called child molesters. They were my sincere beliefs and you shouldn't be offended by them.

What if I told you I believed in Jesus?

FoolhardySmartDobermanpinscher.gif

I believed you the first time you stated as such. Your belief system does not seem to be set with the current religious standards. Maybe gnostic christian? I am interested in reading the Thomas gospel.

EDIT: I should also make clear that I did not and don't know of anyone finding your own personal posts in regards to Christians insulting.

Last edited:

That was probably me.

Just to be clear, I don't hate Christians or Jesus and normally I wouldn't be making fun of either. I know it was wrong but I only did it as a turnabout because I didn't think it was fair that only one side gets to say whatever they want and get away with it.

Also I readily accept any disciplinary action as usual. I broke a lot of rules and being upset was no excuse.

I believed you the first time you stated as such. Your belief system does not seem to be set with the current religious standards. Maybe gnostic christian? I am interested in reading the Thomas gospel.

EDIT: I should also make clear that I did not and don't know of anyone finding your own personal posts in regards to Christians insulting.

I believe a lot of Gnostic teachings, just as I also believe a lot of the teachings of Buddha, and many, many others.
There are many truths out there…and one would be quite surprised at the amount that is similar rather than different.

I believe a lot of Gnostic teachings, just as I also believe a lot of the teachings of Buddha, and many, many others.
There are many truths out there…and one would be quite surprised at the amount that is similar rather than different.

As I've said before and will say again, belief is a tool. It is a means to an end and not an end itself.

The point of belief is not to find the "right" one and be done. It's like a hammer - you don't get a hammer just to have it. You get a hammer to hammer things.

That was probably me.

Just to be clear, I don't hate Christians or Jesus and normally I wouldn't be making fun of either. I know it was wrong but I only did it as a turnabout because I didn't think it was fair that only one side gets to say whatever they want and get away with it.

IDK, I got a general sense of it from various individuals but there was only one example that was plainly obvious that I recall and it was not you. I didn't want to single anyone out and so I went for a broader brush. You are a good person. And you already accepted blame once in the other thread and I see no need to accept blame again particularly when you were not a main concern. You shouldn't be too critical of yourself. I think most everyone sees you more highly than you would believe. I think it best to simply move on from All of this and simply be aware.

As I've said before and will say again, belief is a tool. It is a means to an end and not an end itself.

The point of belief is not to find the "right" one and be done. It's like a hammer - you don't get a hammer just to have it. You get a hammer to hammer things.

I agree…it took a certain amount of belief (having had strange occurrences in my life that couldn’t be explained) to start my thread and to really research consciousness and to have reached some of the truths that I believed I have found.
This is why I have such a hard time with organized religion, it teaches blind faith - what their leaders say and preach and interpret.
I just see that as the antithesis of what our minds were created to do - think critically, imagine, question.