Reboot wish list | INFJ Forum

Reboot wish list

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
What movies or tv series would you like to see rebooted/remade?

Any novels you'd like to be adapted to cinema (if so which director etc.?)?

I reckon the key to a good reboot is not to remake something that was already good (King Kong) but to reboot things that were done poorly the first time round (Schumacher Batman films).

I really really want to see Ender's Game on the big screen. I'm not movie savvy, so I couldn't suggest a director but I know it would make for an awesome movie.

Also, a movie on something Terry Brooks wrote would be pretty cool

Buck Rogers but its impossible to really do it now since Gil Gerard and Erin Gray are too old to pull it off. They made the show for me and I was really irritated when they veered away from being centered around protecting Earth and the Earth Defense Directorate.

A reboot would be a television show and centered around what made the show so successful to begin with imo. I never watched the original run as it was released the year before I was born and the last season ended when I was a year old. Caught repeats though and recently online, its friggin awesome until they change the plot to copy Battlestar Galactica. Whomever they got to play Buck would need to fit that same role like Gil did so well, tough but sensitive with old school charm. Erin Gray would be a tough act to follow too.

I'd also like to see Farscape continued, it pissed me off to no end when they canceled that and I want to take a chainsaw to something everytime I think about it. :m179:
Supposedly they're already converting my favorite series of books written by George R. R. Martin, I'm hoping they do it justice.

If they would convert Swan Song into a film I'd be grateful...but film makers always let me down when they convert books.

Totally agree with you on Ender's Game, I love that book and always wanted to watch a movie based on it.

I'd like to see The Outer Limits come back. It was a good enough show, but they seemed to gravitate toward the whole alien abduction thing that was so popular in the 90s, which I thought was pretty lame. I would want them to come up with some new scenarios that play on the fears and insecurities of today's world, since things have changed quite a bit.

I know they brought back The Twilight Zone a few years ago, but I didn't think they did a very good job with it; they changed it a bit too much and made it a little more glamorous than it probably should have been. I hope they don't try to bring it back again.

Tales of the Gold Monkey.

No one's ever heard of it, but I'd love to see it done right. I doubt society is innocent enough to enjoy it, though. It'd be right kitschy in this day and age.

I'd like to bring back Firefly with the original cast, though, or at least have a movie sequel. Heck, put it on Syfy. As long as Joss writes/directs, I'm a-ok with it. :m080:

X-Men (although to be fair that's already happening) but with a different Storm. And add Cyclops' brother, Havok.

I'm such an ubernerd. :D

I really really want to see Ender's Game on the big screen. I'm not movie savvy, so I couldn't suggest a director but I know it would make for an awesome movie.

Two great choices TC. The Elfstones of Shannara would be bitchin'! For books I would say the whole Midkemia series by Raymond Feist or A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martian. Both of these series are outstanding. Oh, and the Icewind Dales book too from Forgotten Realms! I heard there was some kind of cable thing going on with Ice and Fire, but I'm not sure what.

For re-boots/re-makes, I vote for Highlander (the original movie) and The Three Stooges franchise that I heard they were thinking of doing.

Last edited:
The Harry Dresden Files for those who saw the short lived TV series... That is just someone shitting on a good book and it getting the green light... My god the was an awful attempt and I hope someone would try and do it better. I would guess reading the actual books would help.

Only Problem I would see is it will be 20+ books long... it's already on book 12 and would possibly be impractical for cinema... oh I could hope

Last edited:
Sailor Moon

Such an awesome series. It was filled with emotions, great character development and plot. One could not help but fell in love with the characters as the series progressed and we saw more and more of the series

Hamtaro

It stopped airing, but this show was very sweet and full of morals and messages.

That's it for now, yes this is mainly anime. I d not watch much other tv series besides anime.

+1

I'd like to bring back Firefly with the original cast, though, or at least have a movie sequel. Heck, put it on Syfy. As long as Joss writes/directs, I'm a-ok with it.

+1

Those two things and I'll be happy.

X-files (series)

Star Trek (series)

Dark Skies (series)

Fast Forward (Aust. Comedy series)

Spawn (movie)

Last edited:
First Wave (Series)

The Dead Zone (Series)

I'd love to see Vince Flynn's 'Mitch Rapp' series on the silver screen. Hollywoods needs a new 007. Oh, and this guy actually loses battles.

:p Well see, even us ubernerds miss stuff.

Yeeeah, I missed Hellboy2 and only caught parts of 1. :/ It's on my "to see it" list.

Two great choices TC. The Elfstones of Shannara would be bitchin'! For books I would say the whole Midkemia series by Raymond Feist or A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martian. ...

You haven't heard the news I take it, HBO are making a series out of Ice & Fire. IMDB. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvYCxnp7uis&feature=related"]Teaser. [/ame]

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.