Reboot wish list | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Reboot wish list

They should reboot the new Superman movie reboot. They totally did Superman Returns wrong. *shudder* Toss it out and start from scratch... and hire the cast and creative team from Smallville pre Season 7... which also needs rebooted from the end of season 7 (where the writer's strike caused them to derail into a tangent from which they have yet to recover)... and the original cast and crew restored. Also... they need to hire a Louis that isn't just plain terrible. I'd highly suggest Piper Perabo.

piper_perabo.jpg

I'd disagree with you on the smallville creative team.

I'd reboot that movie series from when he left high school for his african tour and then moved to metropolis.

Use that graphic novel, you ought to know the one VH.

Hell, don't even name the character during the movie until the end, do it like Layercake right up until the end of the movie where he catches that space shuttle. Make it a BOOM *catch*, introduce himself, roll credits.

Honestly everything I'd like to see rebooted has already been.

I'd like a new Matt Damonless DD movie though focusing more on the gangster/Yakuza elements that made the comic so badass.

No ninja shit please.

That was Ben Affleck, Matt Damon is cool.

Ah yes, my mistake. Oy.

Lord of the Rings - in a more pure and serious, less Hollywood and entertaining, movie. I don't want Sauron to be ever seen in the whole movie. They are not even allowed a dedicated music theme to run when the characters talk about him. The pressure must be entirely implied, and acted. I want more acting and more realistic sense of struggle. I want the movie to be tough, instead of ugly and scary. The burden must be physically felt by the audience, growing throughout the story, until they almost can't take it by the end. It should hurt them deep inside their own chests, as they find themselves breathless. And there MUST be Tom Bombadil. The relief periods should not rely as much on stunningly beautiful imagery, as on simple warmth and tenderness, which one desperately craves by this time.

Alien. I'd be happy even to see a movie in the direction of the first movie, the oldest one. Scrap the explanations from the fourth episode, and go into another direction. There must be a higher cause, a higher plan related to that Alien race of perfect human killers. They were not invented through genetic experiments; the research base was a camouflage. I want the structure of their bio-gothic palaces to grow out of a new model of physics and chemistry, like a fractal.

Zen & tAoMM. Because it shouldn't be just a book, and I believe the central ideas could be conveyed on screen too. I'm not entirely sure who could do it though. Maybe Sophia Coppola.

Last edited: