Quotes by famous philosophers | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Quotes by famous philosophers

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.”
― Albert Camus

I never knew Camus was a fan of pascals wager, I thought he was an avowed athiest, I thought that was the point of his theorising about the absurdity of existence and how deliberation, choice and attributing meanings to things was the only way not be absurd too.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing;
love is know I am everything.
Between the two, my life flows."

~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

Reactions: muir
If an injury is to be done a man it should be so severe that his vengence need not be feared -Niccolo Machiavelli

It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver -Niccolo Machiavelli

Before all else be armed -Niccolo Machiavelli

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you. ― Friedrich Nietzsche

“Man is the only animal for whom his own existence is a problem which he has to solve.”
Erich Fromm

“One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often.”
Erich Fromm

I never knew Camus was a fan of pascals wager, I thought he was an avowed athiest, I thought that was the point of his theorising about the absurdity of existence and how deliberation, choice and attributing meanings to things was the only way not be absurd too.

It is attributed to him by an incredible number of sources but none of them seem to have a citation for it.

It certain is echoing Blaise Pascal or Pascal's Wager.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Albert_Camus

I don't know if it was wrongly attributed to him or not.