Quotes by famous philosophers | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Quotes by famous philosophers

"All we are is dust in the wind, dude" - Theodore Logan

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
― Socrates

This is often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt as well. :\

I still like it though. I think. But surely a very strong mind discusses all three? Maybe more.

but ive got to admit, theres some truth to it. eg "aw yeah, so did ya hear about Sharon? heh heh heh"

and then again, a lot of weak minds seem to enjoy discussing ideas. heh heh heh.

This is often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt as well. :\

I still like it though. I think. But surely a very strong mind discusses all three? Maybe more.

I checked it out because I know quotes can get attributed to the wrong person. It seems this is the quote by Roosevelt:

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

The quote I put seems to be attributed by many sources to Socrates. Perhaps she did a little borrowing and changed the quote slightly?

i think that quote is very interesting, but not always true. :wink:

I think it's a comment on gossip. In that sense I can see the point.

“There are no facts, only interpretations.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“Live to the point of tears.”
― Albert Camus

“There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for.”
― Albert Camus

“An intellectual? Yes. And never deny it. An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself. I like this, because I am happy to be both halves, the watcher and the watched. "Can they be brought together?" This is a practical question. We must get down to it. "I despise intelligence" really means: "I cannot bear my doubts.”
― Albert Camus

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.”
― Albert Camus

“People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves.”
― Albert Camus, The Fall

“I know that man is capable of great deeds. But if he isn't capable of great emotion, well, he leaves me cold.”
― Albert Camus, The Plague

A bird in the hand is like, probably dead or close to it. - me.

I dont have a squiggly mark on this computer? How is it that I am just now noticing this?

"Soldiers are not lost, as if they wander off the battlefield and die. We send them to their deaths." - Attack on Titan