Question to very introverted people | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Question to very introverted people

with a bottle of jack, a tooth brush, and an excuse to be cliche.

i kid i kid.

I don't really like being approached at all what so ever, if it is it'd have to be in a VERY private setting with no other humans around at all. at all.

As someone that is super introverted:

Just be friendly and easygoing. If you act nervous, generally it'll make me really uncomfortable around you and I'll be suspicious of you. If its someone you see everyday, maybe warm them up to you by throwing out a compliment and then leaving. Like 'I like your shoes.' Then smile and keep walking. I like this a lot, because it makes interacting with someone in the future a lot easier and makes me feel like it will be easy to end a conversation if I start feeling weird.

I really like getting written communication! That way I can process what you're saying without feeling rushed and can take my time replying without feeling like someone is analyzing everything I'm doing. I'm also way less likely to say no to suggestions of hanging out. This also applies to texts, IM, Facebook, email, etc. Also, if you're suggesting something like going out, try to set an end time (say you have to be somewhere or whatever) so that we aren't overwhelmed and don't get tired of being around people and act funny/bail.

Another great way to start a conversation with me at least is to ask questions that provoke my opinion. Like asking what I think about something another person did (or why they did it) will get a lot of words out of me. If its a topic I know anything about it will really light me up. Sharing personal information (but not TMI's) is a great way to get me to open up about my own, too. Hope that helps.

I like your shoes!! I think. :p

I don't like being approached. You people ruin my train of thought. I'm up to shit, don't bother. :m145:

Reactions: Saru Inc
You know there was a thread where someone had posted a video with an attractive woman reading and minding her own business and a dude getting all up in a girls face taking photos. Everyone seemed to think this was such an amazing way to meet someone. I thought it was very creepy. The video is on this forum somewhere if you want to look.

You know there was a thread where someone had posted a video with an attractive woman reading and minding her own business and a dude getting all up in a girls face taking photos. Everyone seemed to think this was such an amazing way to meet someone. I thought it was very creepy. The video is on this forum somewhere if you want to look.
Uh yeah that does sound amazingly creepy.

Lots of the above responses, but I don't smoke. :)
What I don't and WILL NOT respond to at all are smart-asses. We have a whole valleyful of them where I live.
Same if I see you heavily involved in a clique, and preferring to gossip about basically nothing every spare chance you get. Revolting.

In real life, if iv never spoken with you before, online or irl, its best not to approach me. I will not want to talk, I hate to come across as rude, but im just not comfortable on any level talking to a stranger.

However approaching me online is no problem at all.

What I don't and WILL NOT respond to at all are smart-asses.

huge pet peeve . . . stay away smarties, i'm not having it:m145:!

[MENTION=3722]Seraffa[/MENTION]

=P let go of the jungian terms for a while; -HOW- introverted? For me it's a way too focused and too specific a word, thus I'm getting Hikikomori vibe-- which, er, I think you've got to be very Animesque in your approach...or have the same hobbies.

I'll just assume it's the general introverted; shy, reserved, doesn't talk much, secretive... probably is adept in setting distance....Or better yet, myself. (90% I. >_>;)

....if you want some risk-free thing, approach me VERY SLOWLY. Ask questions, let me open up myself to the level I'm comfortable with. I would say be friendly, but most of all, be tact. If your kind of friendly is the kind of 'yooo wazzup dude' on the first meeting....uh, there's an Indonesian concept called SKSDSL; (Sok Kenal, Sok Dekat, Siapa Lu?; Rough English Translation would be 'Pretending to know me well, Pretending to be close, who the hell are you?')
SKSDSL goes to someone who just jumps to get closer with others he doesn

I think it's the romantic blood seeping in us. :p

Of course, imagine it happening IRL and I'll be the first one RUNNING AWAY. Is he casting a voodoo me, or am I the next target on a hugely complicated scam which will strip me away of all my savings and my dignity?

In real life I'm horribly, cripplingly shy around strangers, so I need a clear line of thought to pursue when we speak. If I don't know you and you're trying to talk to me you better be asking for help or bringing up a subject you know we are both interested in. |: If you don't make the course of the conversation obvious, I ain't atalkin' for very long.

Don't ever ask me WHY. Don't ask me in between the lines crap either. .-. I don't know you, so you are undeserving of my wisdom/you'lljudgemeandthenI'llhateyouforeverbecausyouobviouslyhaveulteriormotivespleasegoaway.

Yea, hi works wonders.....:m146: lol That was hilarious...

It's really that simple...just because we're more quiet, and reflective, doesn't mean we're immune to a "Hi! How are You?" I like to get a "feel" for the people in my environment, and i like to say something more sarcastically funny to them that'll make them trust me more....I have this sort of flat look on my face alot, and I know that makes me seem like a "bastard" but I'm really not....I come off as creepy, and I think the responses that people give me (especially the non verbal ones are HI~LARIOUS!! I'm sorry they ARE!!

I like to make my friends all feel special, and like they're valued for different reasons, and they all are valued to me for varied and special reasons. I'm a guy, and my friends, my TRUE friends mean alot to me...they're family. That simple. :m177:

:) :) sounds scary approaching an introvert :) bwahahhaha

I don't really mind being approached except if you look scary or I don't feel you :) hehe I have to feel the environment and the people first before I decide if I'm comfortable being approached or something :) :)

My friend was approached by a stranger just this week.. and it's a creepy kind of approaching bwaahahahha

she has like an excess sunblock on her face..and the dude just sat beside her and wiped the sunblock :)) :)) :)) <---that's creepy and funny :p her other friends were joking around and told her that she should have told the guy to put it on him so it won't be wasted :p

and.. she found out that the guy is our batch mate's sister's fiance :)

weird... she's an INTJ.. I didn't see her reaction though :(

Honestly, a stranger coming up to say "Hi" kind of puts me on edge. I rather they come up and ask for directions and then start a friendly introduction and a "hi" or during school, ask me for help and then start to be friendly that way. I don't know, I'm weird.

I prefer a hello a handshake and honesty. Nothing is more confusing to me than something coming up to me and attempting to be cool or hip by making some really weird joke. I really am fascinated by people so if you're honest and just give me a few details about yourself I would be more than pleased and eager to continue our conversation.

Rule #1: Say excuse me - and then ask if I have time to speak.

Rule #2: Do not under any circumstances enter a monologue.

If you fail to observe either of these rules, you will be regarded with contempt.