Psychopath being an INFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Is it possible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy...psychopathy is a disorder..mbti typing has nothing to do with it. On first impression I don’t think you are. But don’t come of with this kind of bs here thinking you’ll get some acceptance. Psychopathy is a serious illness, this forum is not meant for it. Period.

I don't have illness I just don't feel empathy. Wanted to know if it's possibe, being both, maybe I'm not who knows, from what I see I might be only infj with a different view of the world.

Reactions: April and Infjente
It’s not possible. It’s a complete different personality. I get the impression You’re just more or less confused with your feelings.

My personality is complex and besides that I know I'm rare. Im confused because I have traits from both more or less, maybe it's a gift.

As someone with low empathy, it's not the same thing as psychopathy. I might not feel things at the funeral of a friend (I didn't for my paternal grandmother, though I think this is also to do with how you view relationships, death, etc.) or have that disgust reaction to seeing extreme violence on screen, but a psychopath could literally murder someone and not feel remorse. This isn't to say they would--that depends on how conducive it is to their goals--but there's a strong difference of degree there.

@SimVicious

My personality is complex and besides that I know I'm rare. Im confused because I have traits from both more or less, maybe it's a gift.
giphy.gif

Welcome to INFJ forums, everyone’s personality is complex here.

As someone with low empathy, it's not the same thing as psychopathy. I might not feel things at the funeral of a friend (I didn't for my paternal grandmother, though I think this is also to do with how you view relationships, death, etc.) or have that disgust reaction to seeing extreme violence on screen, but a psychopath could literally murder someone and not feel remorse. This isn't to say they would--that depends on how conducive it is to their goals--but there's a strong difference of degree there.

@SimVicious

Disagree to agree, I care about justice and I have always been protective of animals because I like them, they don't lie, I also wouldn't hurt people who don't deserve it, for example if I see people abusing animals I would destroy them without remorse, it'll feel justified and good, but murder no because it'll be too easy and not worth it because it'll cause too many troubles besides that death isn't the end.

For some stuff I care, but I have always been an outsider and an outlaw, driven by my own codex I don't believe in the same system that most people do because I think it's broken and unfair.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Disagree to agree, I care about justice and I have always been protective of animals because I like them, they don't lie, I also wouldn't hurt people who don't deserve it, for example if I see people abusing animals I would destroy them without remorse, it'll feel justified and good, but murder no because it'll be too easy and not worth it because it'll cause too many troubles besides that death isn't the end.

For some stuff I care, but I have always been an outsider and an outlaw, driven by my own codex I don't believe in the same system that most people do because I think it's broken and unfair.
If you were a psychopath you wouldn't care that it caused problems. You wouldn't be thinking about consequences.

I don't think you're a psychopath. What this thread sounds like is you romanticising the idea of being a psychopath and seeking things within yourself to justify the label of being a psychopath and really trying to convince others you are an INFJ psychopath hybrid. If an INFJ were to lose or be lacking in empathy it would be due to compassion fatigue and not their biological inability to experience empathy or strongly feel a wider range of emotions outside of jealous, anger, etc.

I've read suggestions that if a psychopath were to have an MBTI type it would more likely be an ENTP or an ESTP.

I don't think you're a psychopath. What this thread sounds like is you romanticising the idea of being a psychopath and seeking things within yourself to justify the label of being a psychopath and really trying to convince others you are an INFJ psychopath hybrid. If an INFJ were to lose or be lacking in empathy it would be due to compassion fatigue and not their biological inability to experience empathy or strongly feel a wider range of emotions outside of jealous, anger, etc.

I've read suggestions that if a psychopath were to have an MBTI type it would more likely be an ENTP or an ESTP.

I've just read for those two, nah it ain't me, infj is my type although am not sure anymore for being a psychopath, maybe it's me who got it wrong, i was thinking because of my reduced lack of empathy and no panic, that keeps me in control even in the most stressful situations, i thought my reading & manipulating skills come from psychopathy, perhaps they don't, maybe i'm just a toughed up infj from the dark days.

Reactions: Infjente and April
I've just read for those two, nah it ain't me, infj is my type although am not sure anymore for being a psychopath, maybe it's me who got it wrong, i was thinking because of my reduced lack of empathy and no panic, that keeps me in control even in the most stressful situations, i thought my reading & manipulating skills come from psychopathy, perhaps they don't, maybe i'm just a toughed up infj from the dark days.

I think if you're an INFJ then perhaps you are just burned out emotionally and it is more difficult for you to experience the level of empathy we all assume INFJ's and other feeler types have.

I myself am a low empathy person but it's not because I'm biologically unable to empathize. I understand how other people feel but that doesn't mean that I have to also take on those emotions and share in them even if I can very clearly identify what they are. I have fairly strong emotional boundaries but also can very easily experience compassion fatigue and that will reduce my ability to truly empathize to nearly zero.

If you went through a difficult time in your life then chances are your ability to deeply feel and empathize with others has been compromised out of a necessity for self-preservation and not because you were born that way.

I think you are incorrect about being a psychopath and it's very likely whatever traits you feel you share with a psychopath are simply coping mechanisms that you've integrated into your way of being.

This is wise...

But if you're a psychopath you're also most likely full of shit...

If indeed you are a psychopath, you won't find anyone like yourself here and I don't have a problem telling you to enjoy fisting yourself on the way out... Maybe I'll get scolded for being a dick but I don't care. If you're a psychopath, everything you say should be understood as non truth and anyone wasting empathy on you is wasting their energy. If you're not a psychopath please disregard this message, but you did introduce yourself as a psychopath...
Milk... if he's a psychopath, he can't help it literally. Would you tell someone with another mental illness to fist themself? Be easy buddy. :)

Last edited:
Nah, hes probably infj sociopath, but I don't get what kinda help I can get from here since everyone thinks I'm the great evil.
I don't think that.

Reactions: acd
This is so disturbing right now. I’ll come back when I have strength to deal.

One thing,if you care, you ain’t.

Now, i will mourn the murder of all my pets growing up and the relationships destroyed, along with mental health wrecked by the same.
I was going to say the same thing, that if he came here for help, maybe not. But I've read somewhere that some psychopaths wished they could care, they just can't. Also, sorry for whatever it was you went through. :(

Reactions: acd and dragulagu
Disagree to agree, I care about justice and I have always been protective of animals because I like them, they don't lie
So, if you wan't one major indicator on psychopathy, it is the ability to harm animals without proper moral consciousness. Animals are innocent beings that thrive on their instincts.Taking Nature aside, doing harm to animals as a human being without purpose is a clear indication of someone with a deranged view on life.

Anyway, not a psychopath. Just explain your situation.

Reactions: April
I don't have illness I just don't feel empathy. Wanted to know if it's possibe, being both, maybe I'm not who knows, from what I see I might be only infj with a different view of the world.
I think this may be the case. You cared and are bothered by it enough that you came here. You are reaching out. Have you ever felt love for someone? I don't mean sadness if they leave, I mean happiness when they are there. Not relating to happiness that you can manipulate them to get something. It can be any type of love. Platonic or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.