Psychopath being an INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Is it possible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you're an INFJ then perhaps you are just burned out emotionally and it is more difficult for you to experience the level of empathy we all assume INFJ's and other feeler types have.

I myself am a low empathy person but it's not because I'm biologically unable to empathize. I understand how other people feel but that doesn't mean that I have to also take on those emotions and share in them even if I can very clearly identify what they are. I have fairly strong emotional boundaries but also can very easily experience compassion fatigue and that will reduce my ability to truly empathize to nearly zero.

If you went through a difficult time in your life then chances are your ability to deeply feel and empathize with others has been compromised out of a necessity for self-preservation and not because you were born that way.

I think you are incorrect about being a psychopath and it's very likely whatever traits you feel you share with a psychopath are simply coping mechanisms that you've integrated into your way of being.
THIS!

Reactions: Wyote and sassafras
Milk... if he's a psychopath, he can't help it literally
I understand this.

The thing about empathy is that it's a double edged sword. A blessing and a curse. It helps make us completely human, but it can also make is soft and get us into situations we'd be better off out of. It's the basis for the whole empath/narcissist dynamic. I wish him well. But the peeps of this forum are my brothers and sisters and when someone comes in and says they are a psychopath, they are extremely manipulative, don't like people, fakes empathy and has learnt to fake emotions to get what he wants and blah blah blah then it is someone's duty to step up and get the dirty turd outta here. Maybe he's not a true psychopath. That doesn't negate the fact that he described himself as "extremely manipulative," or "remove the F from infj because I don't care about people" and whatever other stuff he said about himself. Sure, it's sad that a human can be that way, but by no means does that mean we have to be his buddy because he can't help it. Some humanoids are better empathized with at a distance. For all we know with the way he describes himself, all the things he is saying that tugs on the heartstrings of the empaths here is total bullshit. Just a way to manipulate.

I understand this.

The thing about empathy is that it's a double edged sword. A blessing and a curse. It helps make us completely human, but it can also make is soft and get us into situations we'd be better off out of. It's the basis for the whole empath/narcissist dynamic. I wish him well. But the peeps of this forum are my brothers and sisters and when someone comes in and says they are a psychopath, they are extremely manipulative, don't like people, fakes empathy and has learnt to fake emotions to get what he wants and blah blah blah then it is someone's duty to step up and get the dirty turd outta here. Maybe he's not a true psychopath. That doesn't negate the fact that he described himself as "extremely manipulative," or "remove the F from infj because I don't care about people" and whatever other stuff he said about himself. Sure, it's sad that a human can be that way, but by no means does that mean we have to be his buddy because he can't help it. Some humanoids are better empathized with at a distance. For all we know with the way he describes himself, all the things he is saying that tugs on the heartstrings of the empaths here is total bullshit. Just a way to manipulate.
I can understand that. I admire that you are so protective of your friends. <3

What do you mean? :/ Sorry, I'm a bit cynical and sensitive right now... lol
Lol I mean, you love everyone first then realized you should not. You empathize, let people in, then get hurt. Not everyone deserves to be let in. Especially those that say, "I'm a turd. Let me in."

Lol I mean, you love everyone first then realized you should not. You empathize, let people in, then get hurt. Not everyone deserves to be let in. Especially those that say, "I'm a turd. Let me in."
Oh, lol. I know this, yet somehow it happens anyway. :( If there is a way to stop caring, on purpose, I wish it would make itself known. Tired of hurting.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, etc... INFJ psychopaths.

No. They aren’t INFJ.

In order to be typed or anything you have to be human.

Sociopaths, narcissists, and the like are only human in dna only. They have no soul, nothing but empty abysmal internal darkness.

Btw, DSM V took psychopath out of the criteria and lumps it all into antisocial behaviour disorder or some shit.

Reactions: April
I understand this.

Well he certainly hasn't effectively manipulated any of us into believing he's a psychopath... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.