Psychopath being an INFJ | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Is it possible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever considered ENFP for your mbti type?

In context of me sharing two sets of models, I'm certain this is the level of detail where INFJ could be right but without a reduction in somatic responses and therefore sympathetic reactions and responses, where faking it shouldn't be necessary. Where the talk here about empathi may be mostly due to having less grounds of comparison, making his explanation of empathetic being exactly right without struggling to mix it with sympathy, and rather express the general confusion among most people what it actually is for being a sliding scale between sympathy and empathy based on personal experiences and relationships.

Main problem is that pathologies deal with what is missing because something is wrong and must be fixed or compensated for. Much like failure to have sympathetic or empathetic reponses to my brain damage that makes people around me break the law, mostly for wanting to get a personal interaction with sympathetic responses surround a physical injury, brain damage can be arranged :)

Viscious people can be great, have no problem smacking your to feel differently.
And unless otherwise deficient, have empathy to know when they can get away with it and it's socially accepted.

Last edited:
My experience with sadness is very different, the more sadness, the more ambition and i'm very ambitious because i was very sad when i was younger, all i wanted was everything to just end and to watch the world burn with everyone in it, there was no light, no sunshine nor reinbows only darkness, agony, hate and pain, and pain was the best thing ever because i started to like it at some point and now i still do, you know there are different types of pain.

I'm pretty sure i'm a very dark INFJ, i can feel and i can not feel, i was thinking i was a psychopath because of my resilience to chaos, my reduced empathy towards people and my reading/deducing and manipulating abilities, but people in this forum helped me see that i'm not an actual psychopath, turns out life has just taught me a few lessons.

INFJ is the rarest personality type but nothing is really impossible, INFJ is a personality type and Psychopathy is an mental illness that you're born with, which makes it possible to be both in my opinion, it's rare but who knows?

I'm happy that i'm not the only one.

I suppose psychiatrists who have to see patients in prison would be the ones exposed to all the different personality types of psychopaths.
Perhaps in a few years I'll have new insight to what's going on here - it has to be a huge and difficult field to work in.

My ex was the stereotypical psychopath. On the list of markers, he hit 20 out of 20 perfectly. He often commented about feeling like something was broken inside.
I've met others, and I thought a common denominator would be the extroversion they all exhibited. It's quite possible that I've just never met an introverted one.

I hope in time you can find peace and love that sticks with you for and from another person. That is everything.

Last edited:
My experience with sadness is very different, the more sadness, the more ambition and i'm very ambitious because i was very sad when i was younger, all i wanted was everything to just end and to watch the world burn with everyone in it, there was no light, no sunshine nor reinbows only darkness, agony, hate and pain, and pain was the best thing ever because i started to like it at some point and now i still do, you know there are different types of pain.

I'm pretty sure i'm a very dark INFJ, i can feel and i can not feel, i was thinking i was a psychopath because of my resilience to chaos, my reduced empathy towards people and my reading/deducing and manipulating abilities, but people in this forum helped me see that i'm not an actual psychopath, turns out life has just taught me a few lessons.

INFJ is the rarest personality type but nothing is really impossible, INFJ is a personality type and Psychopathy is an mental illness that you're born with, which makes it possible to be both in my opinion, it's rare but who knows?

I'm happy that i'm not the only one.

Some of this resonated deeply.

This is why, cluster b’s are created, not born.
I can imagine the horrors you suffered to become this way. Which, also allows people like me to become victims easier.

However....Going through trauma at a young age is always devastating. One of 2 things happen. You become empathic or.....psycho. Then again, there’s me who is just not fond of making good decisions.

Now, one, you most likely aren’t a psychopath regardless of MBTI. I mean shit! Archetypes are just the base foundation of human personality and experience.

Oprah’s fucking mansion is built on the exact same concrete mixture as projects in the ghetto. Some of them with the same square footage. Same materials even. Wood, glass, steel, tiles, paint.... all originating much from the same source.

Think about that for a minute. If you could reduce yourself to a pad. The rest of the structure is up to you.

In context of me sharing two sets of models, I'm certain this is the level of detail where INFJ could be right but without a reduction in somatic responses and therefore sympathetic reactions and responses, where faking it shouldn't be necessary. Where the talk here about empathi may be mostly due to having less grounds of comparison, making his explanation of empathetic being exactly right without struggling to mix it with sympathy, and rather express the general confusion among most people what it actually is for being a sliding scale between sympathy and empathy based on personal experiences and relationships.

Main problem is that pathologies deal with what is missing because something is wrong and must be fixed or compensated for. Much like failure to have sympathetic or empathetic reponses to my brain damage that makes people around me break the law, mostly for wanting to get a personal interaction with sympathetic responses surround a physical injury, brain damage can be arranged :)

Viscious people can be great, have no problem smacking your to feel differently.
And unless otherwise deficient, have empathy to know when they can get away with it and it's socially accepted.

Oooh! I like your comparisons here. One thing I would add being different than sympathy or empathy is compassion.
Which seems similar yet isn’t

Empathy as we know through archetypes, socionics, mbti, or otherwise can be internal or external. It can be literal in the moment or comparing.

Sympathy, to me, doesn’t have to relate other than an ideal or behavior. Knowing intellectually, just as empathy can be.

However, it’s proven, neither need emotion regardless, yet can produce the emotions depending on how your brain/mind works or relates given your life experience.

Compassion though, can’t be faked like empathy and sympathy. I believe it’s a deep core trait or ideal, directly relating to the amount of care and love you are actually able to produce in yourself. With zero benefit other than genuinely wanting the good for the other

Reactions: Sandie33
I can imagine the horrors you suffered to become this way.

Now, one, you most likely aren’t a psychopath regardless of MBTI.

You think you can imagine, but that imagionation is different from reality, perhaps i am a "psychopath" in a way. Who knows.

Reactions: Skrimpshidy
Cognitive function preferences are the result of personal levels of activity in the executive centers.

Mental illness, conditions, and disorders - while sometimes correlated to type due to prevalence within any given type over others mostly due to the disorders causing similar self assessment preferences - are distinct from cognitive function preferences.

Therefore, any cognitive function set can suffer from any mental illness, condition, or disorder. Some are just less common than others.

In the case of OP, it is definitely possible that their cognitive function preferences align with INFJ while suffering from a cluster B disorder. These things aren't mutually exclusive.
Ummm, VH just waltzing back in like nothing after how many years? We didn't really know each other, but still, you're not even gonna make a "Hey what's up" thread?

Reactions: Misty and Wyote
Of course it's possible. These are concepts used for the purpose of understanding. You can mix, match, rearrange and combine any two concepts that you like. If they help you to understand and improve yourself, I'd encourage it.
It goes without saying that people will raise an eyebrow if you use the concept of a psychopath to understand yourself but don't let that stop you. Use whatever concepts are the most useful to you.

Some interesting themes here. Psychopaths are often portrayed as cold and unfeeling. Actually they are very emotional. I would describe myself as a "moral" psychopath. A deep seated need to balance the Universe by righting the wrongs. I do have a dark side though and for some reason have a fantasy about killing men who think they are alpha males (cocky who treat people badly) and cutting their penises off. I don't think I would ever indulge this.

Psychopaths are often portrayed as cold and unfeeling. Actually they are very emotionaI would describe myself as a "moral" psychopath.

There is no moral psychopaths, they can be learned to pretend even to themselves, what you are describing is a sociopath I've seen both.

If you somehow are fan of Dexter Morgan personality he is not a real psychopath.

Reactions: Famous
Some people have said the same thing to me, that they can sense something odd / off
I know the feeling of shame, but i think i confuse it with low self esteem, i have always thought that high ignorance and high self esteem is one of the world's biggest problems.

About the psychopaths, i've just ordered some books that actually explain how not all psychopaths are murders, criminals, bad and pure evil, some in fact are good psychopaths.
If you don't believe me check out The Good Psychopath's Guide To Success & The Wisdom of Psychopaths, those two books are of a great use, even for normal people.

About the MDMA, I've tried it lol it affects me way different than other people, everybody's happy and loving, even me, but it makes me read everyone in the room instantly and that's a massive headache, and i literally can't stop my brain from thinking and practicing deep psychological stuff, and the downside is when the effect wears off, the after is terrible, for numerous days details pop up even more in front of my face and it's really frustrating, feels like exploiting information without wanting to, it just pops up.

About the PTSD i might have that, but i don't think so because i don't really have nightmares, most dreams that i have are like past life, patterns, tombs, secrets, and really weird stuff like dreaming of an item and then you actually end up finding that item in reality, but that's another topic i already have those kinda answers because every dream has a secret meaning.

I'm reading PTSD as we speak and i don't have feelings of guilt or irritability, i also don't have any problems sleeping, although sometimes i have concentration issues on stuff, but once i'm focused i literally don't hear anything and don't see anything from the surroundings, except the thing i'm focused on.

PTSD can not be diagnozed by the criteria your describe in your post. Often people feel mostly emotionally numb. As if nothing really matters, not the hard stuff nor the good stuff. This is a part of the coping mechanism to deal with the hard stuff you have gone through in your early life.

MDMA can affect people differently but most of the time, the reason why people react differently is because the MDMA they took was not pure MDMA. It is very important to know your source and be 100% sure that it is only MDMA you are taking. Meth and numerous other chemicals can be added especially to the tablets to make the trip more, well more trippy. :)

MDMA in right dosage brings clarity to the senses and eases the thought process. It has an emphatic effect that dissolves our self-concern. With a talented guide it can allow one to look back to those experiences that has affected your current personality and behavior. For self-discovering purpose it is best to be taken in a safe setting with a blindfold and gentle music. You are not supposed to feel the rush which many of the party-users want to experience by taking larger doses. The ideal dose is about 1,5 times your own weight in kilos turned into mgs. 80kg means 120mg as a dosage.

About feeling down the next few days usually depends on impure MDMA and other substances taken with it, especially alcohol. For the therapeutic purpose one ought to take only MDMA with some grape juice. Also it is good to fast at least 4 hours prior taking the MDMA and after the session which lasts about 6-12 hours depending on the indivudual and purity of the MDMA, itis important to eat nutrient-rich food and before bed to take some melatonin. I also recommend to eat some +70% dark chocolate during the session to ensure you have beneficial amino-acids in your system. To be even more prepared it is wise to take some multivitamin, multimineral and omega-3 supplements prior the session.

MDMA is often referred to as a “soft” drug but it still has some neurotoxicity in it and should be handled with respect. MDMA can also introduce very overwhelming experiences and once again, it should be handled with respect.

Lastly the very key to a successful session that can truly heal some deep rooted emotional and psychological wounds, is that one must have a clear intention before starting the session. Nothing will happen without the power of intention. One has to be willing to face even the toughest experiences. What MDMA gives is the courage to face your darkest and deepest demons so that you can meet them with compassion instead of fear. Fear will be there but with the help of MDMA you will notice that the true you is beyond that fear and that you can actually show compassion towards that fearful part of you which you have tried to hide from for so long. By doing this you will remap your brains and your memories so that those thoughts and things that reminded you about that pain and fear you have through, will from now on remind you about compassion.

I would like to add that I know nothing nor am I an expert in any of this stuff. I do not recommend anyone to take MDMA or any other substances. I am just sharing my of insights and experiences. But if you do choose to take MDMA for a therapeutical purpose, I hope you will find some help and guidance in my post.

Farewell my fellow wounded healer! :)

Last edited:
One more thing. Sometimes people who have suffered head injuries, like concussions, and especially damages in the forehead, can become emotionally numb. Some can even become psychopaths. If I remember it right, damages in the frontal lobe could cause these kind of changes in the personality.

Just my two cents. :)

Last edited:
There is no moral psychopaths, they can be learned to pretend even to themselves, what you are describing is a sociopath I've seen both.

If you somehow are fan of Dexter Morgan personality he is not a real psychopath.

It appears you are right. It is quite liberating to understand this. It all makes sense. I am definitely a sociopath as most of my tendencies are a result of environmental factors.

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Psychopath_vs_Sociopath

Some interesting themes here. Psychopaths are often portrayed as cold and unfeeling. Actually they are very emotional. I would describe myself as a "moral" psychopath. A deep seated need to balance the Universe by righting the wrongs. I do have a dark side though and for some reason have a fantasy about killing men who think they are alpha males (cocky who treat people badly) and cutting their penises off. I don't think I would ever indulge this.
:m077:

One more thing. Sometimes people who have suffered head injuries, like concussions, and especially damages in the forehead, can become emotionally numb. Some can even become psychopaths. :)

When I was younger I was pushed 3 times in total within a year, first time it was from a construction I fell from few meters high distance on my head and broke a brick with it, I was hurrying to go hospital to patch up my wounds I don't even remember how I was getting there probably people saw me and helped me out.

Second time was in a pit and the third time I don't wanna talk about it, is it possible to have unrecoverable damages from it

Reactions: April and TheFool
Often if the damage is severe enough the brains can’t recover / heal. One has to learn to cope with the “new” personality.

Often if the damage is severe enough the brains can’t recover / heal. One has to learn to cope with the “new” personality.
I believe it only made me tougher, after all what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, sometimes i can't turn off my brain and the thinking and the thoughts never stop, like they ain't mine anymore. :relieved:

Status
Not open for further replies.