Prop 8 Overturned!! | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Prop 8 Overturned!!

satire.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSfFa44p96o"]YouTube- ‪Why Homosexuality Should Be Banned‬‎[/ame]

Which will also fail horribly.

I dunno. They are doing a pretty job of getting 3 elected Iowa Supreme Court justices kicked out of their positions and they are even aiming to change Iowa law so that the governor will appoint Supreme Court justices in the future who are anti gay marriage.

I truly am not concerned with any of this. Gay marriege will be legal in the next few years and there is nothing they can do about it except for cause some chaos in between that really won't be more then anything but annoying.

I truly am not concerned with any of this. Gay marriege will be legal in the next few years and there is nothing they can do about it except for cause some chaos in between that really won't be more then anything but annoying.

I dunno. They have pretty good grounds to push through a Federal Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage. The problem with judges hopping in is that now the religious right can make the issue about the people's right to decide, not judges. They can make this a voting issue and argue that gay marriage is being imposed on the people against their will and from there you may see a great drop in support for gay marriage. In some ways, Walker's ruling may have been a God send to the anti gay marriage folk because now they can make the issue about right to vote instead of just about marriage.

No it's not a godsend, because something like marriege is a civil right (and I am sorry I will not be convinced otherwise). Civil rights are not something that can be voted upon. It's a right, rights are not to be subjected to votes despite how unpopular they are.

YOU'RE ALL AGAINST GOD!

No it's not a godsend, because something like marriege is a civil right (and I am sorry I will not be convinced otherwise). Civil rights are not something that can be voted upon. It's a right, rights are not to be subjected to votes despite how unpopular they are.

In the context of our government it is a civil right, and I tend to agree that rights are not subjected to votes.

I do think that eventually gay marriage will be prevented once again at some point in California. The forces that want a ban are prevalent, and what they want will become law.

When exactly would they come though? I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I still observe a lot of ignorance on the topic. There are still plenty of prejudices, in which religious organizations take a huge part in. Just by looking at the general opinion of most Americans, one can see this. I just can't stand seeing injustice, and I really just can't wait. It is common sense that this rights can be granted, but we are forgetting that a large majority of the population literally lacks common sense.

Can't say I'm overly concerned, but I also do not agree with the argument given as I do not consider marriage to be a 'right'.

The arguments relevant to the case concern the Constitutional/legal definition of the institution of marriage. I'm not such a fan of legal marriage either, but our preferences are not represented by the US government and courts. What matters here is equal treatment.

Mommy, if you get married to another man, I will kill you. My father was already a flake. I don't need you getting hitched to some sloth....Or even worse...a hippie.