President Donald Trump | Page 92 | INFJ Forum

President Donald Trump

I didn't see any hate speech in the information @Stu posted last night.

What I saw were a number of areas where Trump has fallen short on campaign promises, and in advocating for smaller government with reduced spending, i.e. the "conservative" mantra that never quite seems to materialize.

This despite Trump having majorities in both chambers of Congress.

But rather than offering any opinion on these matters, you first chose a non-answer and then followed that up with a deflection.

Point blank - what is your opinion on Trump's inability to follow through on these campaign promises? Are you concerned at all at the expansion of the budget deficit? As interest rates continue to rise, the servicing of that debt will become a greater burden on the Treasury, particularly given the recent tax cuts. Does this sort of thing matter to you at all?
I did not suggest @Stu s post was hate speech. I asked him to elaborate. Trump has been President for a year...a year. No one expected him to fix everything broken instantly. And yes he has fallen short on some promises but by an incredibly infinitesimal when compared to other Presidents.
Now damn it, it is annoying for people to say I did this or that, said this or that when I never did. My hate speech comment was in response to @wyotes post not stu's. Later everyone will only remember you saying that I did something and believing that rather than what really happened even though Ive corrected you here.

Now damn it, it is annoying for people to say I did this or that, said this or that when I never did. ............. Later everyone will only remember you saying that I did something and believing that .............
Why you gotta hate on @infinite dreams ? Yesh, such a meanie.

I think this sums it up
upload_2018-3-26_17-34-14.png

I think this sums it up
View attachment 41653
No Truth to any of that. This is complete delusional BS. Something that someone stated either as a troll or someone who lives completelty outside of reality. Id stop listening to anything this poor person has to say. They probably live in an asylum some place and throw their own fecies at the wall as often as they post on the internet.

I don't know...seems there was a terrific downfall in the economy that I suppose could be attributed to Barrack O'Bama running for president back in "08 rather than GOP mismanaging the economy for the benefit of the wealthy elites

Reactions: Skarekrow
I don't know...seems there was a terrific downfall in the economy that I suppose could be attributed to Barrack O'Bama running for president back in "08 rather than GOP mismanaging the economy for the benefit of the wealthy elites
Its always been this way, liberals break it conservatives have to come in and fix it. Always has been that way probably always will be.
Obama inherited a small recession and turned it into almost a full blown great depression. Doulbed spending of trillions upon trillons of dollars and became the purveyor of the slowest recovery in American history even after the most massive spending increase of any President....in fact, ALL previous Presidents combined. Obama for 6 years blamed his failure on what he inherited from Bush. 6 years the whiny little crybaby who couldn't do anything but. Enter Trump. The economy begins to boom thanks to HIS policies. Unemployment lowest level in 45 years. People have more money in their pocket and so do businesses who in turn hire more people. Has Trump blamed any of his failures on Obama like Obama blamed all of his failure on Bush? Thanks Trump. You are not a charmer but you ARE a leader. All true patriotic Americans thank you.

Its always been this way, liberals break it conservatives have to come in and fix it. Always has been that way probably always will be.
Obama inherited a small recession and turned it into almost a full blown great depression. Doulbed spending of trillions upon trillons of dollars and became the purveyor of the slowest recovery in American history even after the most massive spending increase of any President....in fact, ALL previous Presidents combined. Obama for 6 years blamed his failure on what he inherited from Bush. 6 years the whiny little crybaby who couldn't do anything but. Enter Trump. The economy begins to boom thanks to HIS policies. Unemployment lowest level in 45 years. People have more money in their pocket and so do businesses who in turn hire more people. Has Trump blamed any of his failures on Obama like Obama blamed all of his failure on Bush? Thanks Trump. You are not a charmer but you ARE a leader. All true patriotic Americans thank you.
Thank you Obama!
The rest...
Hahahaha hahahaha...try history books dude...not BS TV commentary.

Reactions: Happy Phantom
Really? You can't think of a conservative who stinks or a liberal who is actually okay? Not one?

Tribalism has rotted your rational mind. not to say that liberals cant have that happen too- i'm just saying that it is a problem that you have: Tribalism.

Really? You can't think of a conservative who stinks or a liberal who is actually okay? Not one?

Tribalism has rotted your rational mind. not to say that liberals cant have that happen too- i'm just saying that it is a problem that you have: Tribalism.
I have said here repeatedly, its either full crazy or half crazy and thats why I vote conservative. There have been one or two liberals I have liked. Naturally those have been called fake liberals by their own party.
For me its not about the persons personality, its about them being able to get the best job done.

Reactions: Reason
heres-the-one-unemployment-chart-obama-will-use-to-win-reelection.jpg
iu
....Obama inherited a small recession....
iu
iu
iu
iu

Obama inherited a small recession and turned it into almost a full blown great depression.

I don't know which Fox pundit you heard this from, but you couldn't be more wrong. By the time Obama was elected the damage was already irreversible. The US housing market was at the bottom of the trash barrel, several large investment banks had failed, and the nation's largest mortgage lender was a toxic waste dump of bad assets. No one could have prevented the continuance of the recession in late 2008 and through 2009. Obama was roundly criticized for the bank bailouts, although oddly enough all the money was eventually paid back and the financial system emerged relatively unscathed. Perhaps you know of a better solution they could have implemented?

Certainly the Clinton administration (with its GOP-majority congress, but nevermind that) was responsible for some of what caused the massive housing/mortgage bubble, but the fact remains it was allowed to flourish uncontrollably during the Bush administration. This is what caused the financial crisis and recession of 2007-2010. Fact.

Good heavens, a slow-growth economy. Absolutely horrific! Growing production at 1-2% per year seems downright...sustainable. :screamcat:

You know who likes for the economy to grow at 4-5% per year? People with large amounts of capital to invest big in the next bubble (the smart ones will sell out right before it all comes crashing back down).

Here's a prediction for all you Ni-types: The next bubble won't be housing. It'll be private equity.

The average joe isn't paying attention to what businesses are selling for these days. Companies that used to sell for 4-5x EBITDA are now going for double or triple that. There is a "subprime" commercial credit market out there that looks quite similar to the consumer credit market of a decade ago, except they're layering unsustainable debt loads on corporations instead of consumers. Private equity sponsors (the Bain Capital types) are taking advantage of this market, angling for a quick exit (resale) at just the right time. It's unsustainable and the PE's know it. They're all betting on getting the timing right, the same as house-flippers were 10-15 years ago. I don't know when it will all come hurtling downhill, but it will, and it will be ugly.

Nice fake graphs. Also please stop posting this crap. It buries the factual information in the thread.

Last edited:
Good heavens, a slow-growth economy. Absolutely horrific! Growing production at 1-2% per year seems downright...sustainable. :screamcat:

You know who likes for the economy to grow at 4-5% per year? People with large amounts of capital to invest big in the next bubble (the smart ones will sell out right before it all comes crashing back down).

Here's a prediction for all you Ni-types: The next bubble won't be housing. It'll be private equity.

The average joe isn't paying attention to what businesses are selling for these days. Companies that used to sell for 4-5x EBITDA are now going for double or triple that. There is a "subprime" commercial credit market out there that looks quite similar to the consumer credit market of a decade ago, except they're layering unsustainable debt loads on corporations instead of consumers. Private equity sponsors (the Bain Capital types) are taking advantage of this market, angling for a quick exit (resale) at just the right time. It's unsustainable and the PE's know it. They're all betting on getting the timing right, the same as house-flippers were 10-15 years ago. I don't know when it will all come hurtling downhill, but it will, and it will be ugly.
Interesting perspective.

I don't know which Fox pundit you heard this from, but you couldn't be more wrong. By the time Obama was elected the damage was already irreversible. The US housing market was at the bottom of the trash barrel, several large investment banks had failed, and the nation's largest mortgage lender was a toxic waste dump of bad assets. No one could have prevented the continuance of the recession in late 2008 and through 2009. Obama was roundly criticized for the bank bailouts, although oddly enough all the money was eventually paid back and the financial system emerged relatively unscathed. Perhaps you know of a better solution they could have implemented?

Certainly the Clinton administration (with its GOP-majority congress, but nevermind that) was responsible for some of what caused the massive housing/mortgage bubble, but the fact remains it was allowed to flourish uncontrollably during the Bush administration. This is what caused the financial crisis and recession of 2007-2010. Fact.

Yeah, no. So you got a little truth mixed in with a bunch of shit opinion and false information. That has the effect of making it very clouded and I would have to go through picking trying to seperate the shit from say a stew....when its already been mixed in.
Whats clear though is that your spouting this type of crap, you have a narative you want to cling to. So even if I were to spend the time to hash out this great lump of crap you have compiled here it wouldnt make any difference.

Yeah, no. So you got a little truth mixed in with a bunch of shit opinion and false information. That has the effect of making it very clouded and I would have to go through picking trying to seperate the shit from say a stew....when its already been mixed in.
Whats clear though is that your spouting this type of crap, you have a narative you want to cling to. So even if I were to spend the time to hash out this great lump of crap you have compiled here it wouldnt make any difference.

Hot take, EH. Your insights never fail to impress.

So tell me, what were the factors that led to the recession? And what could have been done differently to get things back on course?

Hot take, EH. Your insights never fail to impress.

So tell me, what were the factors that led to the recession? And what could have been done differently to get things back on course?
Which recession?