President Donald Trump | Page 46 | INFJ Forum

President Donald Trump

Yes, you are correct...but they are gone though...and Trump had nothing to do with any of it.
He used the thing to BS the American people into thinking he was going to fight for blue collar workers and their jobs...when the deal all along was these jobs were going to leave regardless of Trump.
And what has he done for blue collar workers?
Threaten to torpedo their healthcare...not just the ACA, but Medicaid?
He lied about cutting/gutting that too.

But all of those jobs would have been gone and now 800 are staying. I don't really understand how you could say that a sucker is born every minute. Yeah he said 1,000 would be saved but it's not like he flat out lied and everyone was duped. 800 of those jobs at that plant that would have gone to Mexico are now not going to Mexico. You could argue that the deal was shitty because of what he offered to get those jobs to stay or something. You could argue that he fell short of an overpromised goal but I don't see where anyone was a sucker or he didn't try to do something (regardless of his intentions for doing anything at all).

Union workers typically don't use ACA or Medicaid. They usually have their own union negotiated plans that were the old good ones that they pay for themselves in their dues grandfathered into the ACA to not be taxed or have to comply with the ACA those exemptions for unions that were grandfathered in expire in six months. I don't know what is going to happen to those plans or those families covered by them if that is still happening (I hadn't heard that it wasn't but I don't keep up on what's going on with unions anymore). I assume they will likely lose their coverage and destroy all union plans and they'll have to go to a crappy ACA plan. That was pushed off so it wouldn't happen during Obama's watch among other ticking time bombs that were set to explode after he left office.

But all of those jobs would have been gone and now 800 are staying. I don't really understand how you could say that a sucker is born every minute. Yeah he said 1,000 would be saved but it's not like he flat out lied and everyone was duped. 800 of those jobs at that plant that would have gone to Mexico are now not going to Mexico. You could argue that the deal was shitty because of what he offered to get those jobs to stay or something. You could argue that he fell short of an overpromised goal but I don't see where anyone was a sucker or he didn't try to do something (regardless of his intentions for doing anything at all).

Union workers typically don't use ACA or Medicaid. They usually have their own union negotiated plans that were the old good ones that they pay for themselves in their dues grandfathered into the ACA to not be taxed or have to comply with the ACA those exemptions for unions that were grandfathered in expire in six months. I don't know what is going to happen to those plans or those families covered by them if that is still happening (I hadn't heard that it wasn't but I don't keep up on what's going on with unions anymore). I assume they will likely lose their coverage and destroy all union plans and they'll have to go to a crappy ACA plan. That was pushed off so it wouldn't happen during Obama's watch among other ticking time bombs that were set to explode after he left office.

My point about Medicaid is that no insurance will be safe.
All insurance premiums will continue to rise and predictions predict they will rise faster under the AHCA vs the ACA.
A 65 year old person could easily pay close to $10,000 in premiums, union or no union...hopefully they can retire by then but.

The ticking “time bomb” the GOP likes to call the ACA is only ticking because they have their foot on the air hose keeping it on life support.

As for Carrier...

"He kept going. “One hundred percent,” Trump said. “It’s not like we have an 80 percent chance of keeping them or a 95 percent. 100 percent.”

After the election, Trump took credit for rescuing the Carrier jobs, tweeting on Thanksgiving that he had called the company’s leadership to cut a deal.

Donald Trump's full speech at the Carrier factory
President-elect Donald Trump traveled, Dec. 1, to Indianapolis to visit the Carrier plant and tout his role in keeping up to 1,000 manufacturing jobs in the United States. Here is his full speech. (The Washington Post)
United Technologies, Carrier’s parent company, agreed to spare some of the positions in exchange for $ 7 million in state tax credits. (If the company outsourced any of those jobs over the next 10 years, it would have to pay back the money, according to the Indiana Economic Development Corp.)

A celebratory Trump visited the factory in December and announced that, thanks to his negotiating, more than 1,100 of the jobs would stay in the heartland.

“Carrier stepped it up, and now they’re keeping over 1,100 people,” Trump told an audience of cheering factory workers.

He said those numbers could go even higher, noting that United Technologies had agreed to invest roughly $16 million into updating the plant.

“And by the way, that number is going to go up substantially as they expand this area, this plant,” Trump said. “The 1,100 is going to be a minimum number.”

But later that month, Greg Hayes, chief executive of United Technologies, admitted that the $16 million investment would go toward automation.

“What that ultimately means is there will be fewer jobs,” he told CNBC's Jim Cramer.

Chuck Jones, president of the United Steelworkers Local 1999, which represents Carrier employees in Indianapolis, provided further evidence that Trump had inflated the number of jobs that would remain in Indianapolis. Only 800 Carrier employees would be able to keep their jobs — 770 factory workers plus 30 or so more employees, counting supervisors, according to the union count.

Jones told The Washington Post days later that Trump had “lied his a-- off.” He suspected the then-president-elect was including in his count design and engineering jobs that were never going to leave. Trump responded on Twitter by saying Jones had done a “terrible job” as union president.

The full extent of the layoffs emerged Monday with Carrier's announcement of 632 job losses.

The company told The Washington Post on Wednesday that “more than 1,000 jobs” will be preserved.

However that figure included engineering and headquarters staff whose jobs were never scheduled to leave Indianapolis in the first place.”

He saved no jobs.
The money invested is going toward automation.
And it’s not Carrier’s fault....automation is going to be a reality that we are going to have face and come up with a plan on how we are going to fully employ our society while even more manufacturing goes away and more and more is automated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stu and CindyLou
Okay...
So why in the bloody hell is Ivanka sitting in for her Father (Probably golfing) at the G-20?
(Though in all honesty I would rather it be her...at least there is a train of semi-rational thought, though she is still her father's daughter)
She is soooo incredibly qualified.
Pshaw
:(

(Back to serfdom)

Okay...
So why in the bloody hell is Ivanka sitting in for her Father (Probably golfing) at the G-20?
(Though in all honesty I would rather it be her...at least there is a train of semi-rational thought, though she is still her father's daughter)
She is soooo incredibly qualified.
Pshaw
:(

(Back to serfdom)
More so than Obama ever was.

Irrelevant really.
Not really. It speaks to thr incredible damage someone unqualified for the job can do. In Obama's case, such was the damage it may likely take decades to reverse.

What damage is that?
The country is closer to civil war than it ever has been since the last civil war. The nation more divided and rule of law fractured perhaps in a way that cannot be fixed.

More so than Obama ever was.
Yes...you make total logical sense...a Harvard Laywer and sometimes professor of Congressional law, editor of the Harvard law review, with significant social planning experience not to mention time spent in Congress, in the Senate...before the eight years as POTUS.
She is more experienced how?
She looks pretty?
Explain your logic.

The country is closer to civil war than it ever has been since the last civil war. The nation more divided and rule of law fractured perhaps in a way that cannot be fixed.

No...I call BS.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
No...I call BS.
Events in the news seem to point at exactly what I am indicating. I suppose they are open for interpretation but even So, I am fairly confident in my related deductions.

Yes...you make total logical sense...a Harvard Laywer and sometimes professor of Congressional law, editor of the Harvard law review, with significant social planning experience not to mention time spent in Congress, in the Senate...before the eight years as POTUS.
She is more experienced how?
She looks pretty?
Explain your logic.
Well she is pretty. On that we agree. So good, making some amount of progress in that regard.

Which news?
Well, Breitbart, Fox...actually CNN and MSNBC are guilty too.
Sowing seeds of division...instead of finding common ground....it's very evident in our politics, but I do believe that common ground is really what the majority of people yearn to find.
The civil war...destruction of Murica where EH can live out his post apocalyptic wet dreams as a pseudo-Mad Max, I think are a bit more of a minority group imho.
But maybe I'm wrong...I ain't sticking around for that shit.
Not living just to survive, pointless, just as it is now.

Last edited:
All media outlets. Take your pick.
I haven't gotten this impression when I listen to the news. Though I mostly listen to NPR. Though they did cover an interview with this guy who was in the NRA for like 20 years and who was a Marine corps vet who said he ended his membership after Dana Loesch came out with her nutty NRA ad attempting to incite violence. I'll try and find the interview. It seems like if anything, the far right is really pushing for this civil war.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten this impression when I listen to the news. Though I mostly listen to NPR. Though they did cover an interview with this guy who was in the NRA for like 20 years and who was a Marine corps vet who said he ended his membership after Dana Loesch came out with her nutty NRA ad attempting to incite violence. I'll try and find the interview. It seems like if anything, the far right is really pushing for this civil war.
No. The left will cause the violence of any civil war. Shootings, violent "protests" etc. The political violence we see today is caused by thr left. Now, they don't want a civil war but they do want to hurt and kill people they think deserve it and when they think they can get away with it. They don't want a war because they know they will lose any such war. No, the left is violence.

One person ending their NRA membership? I dont care. I've never liked Wayne Lapierre but that doesn't mean I don't support the NRA. I think this guy you mentioned either just wanted 5 minutes or fame, is a plant or perhaps just your standard drooling idiot.