Prediction: Gay Marriage Will Fail | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Prediction: Gay Marriage Will Fail

I'm starting to wonder if the US is still "the land of the free". It seems to me more conservative than the "old motherland". Not only is guy marriage legal in Belgium, also adaption is. A collegue of mine is a lesbian living together with a women. Her partner is now pregnant (through in vitro fertilization) and now my collegue is going through the adoption process. It is still silly that she has to go to the adoption course since that course is set up for people who adopt children from other countries and learn how to deal with culture differences and binding problems. Since she will know the baby from day one (same as a father would) these are not issues for her. And it is also silly to consider that any silly stupid brainless girl can get knocked up from the most mean and brainless bastard and "raise" the child alone, while my collegue, a wonderful intellegent women, needs to take a course to raise a child!

I really hope that the US is turning towards more democracy and equal rights ... but since you've voted for Obama, I feel, things are changing now! We all hope for it!

America was never "Land of the Free". That is propaganda.

Scotland, Nederlands/Belgium, Scandinavia... These are the best nations on earth.

Or, if you're after true Liberty; Liberia, Rwanda, Somalia, Sierra Leone...

True liberty looks pretty damn shitty then...

Hey, they can do whatever they want to do...

They even have the right to bear arms.

I'd rather give up the ability to do what ever I want to live in a slightly more secure environment (financial/environmental/physical safety), but I guess that's for another discussion.

I find it incomprehensible that people are against gay marriage. It just seems stupid, ignorant and something out of the history books for me. Like reading in history books that women were not allowed to vote or something.
/rant

I grew up with a gay uncle, he’s happily married. A cousin of mine is gay. It’s completely normal to me.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I find it incomprehensible that people are against gay marriage. It just seems stupid, ignorant and something out of the history books for me. Like reading in history books that women were not allowed to vote or something.
/rant

I grew up with a gay uncle, he

i see nothing but wrong with this issue... from every issue, every argument... from every side, from the gay protesters to the hypocritical church goers to Uncle Sam having his grubby hands into it...

where is the separation of church and state?

now, it is none of my business tellin' someone else how to run their lives nor is it anybody else's business to know what my business is...

... but i will say that hypocracy can be defined as punishing an unpopular behavior yet excusing oneself for another unpopular behavior...

... i can already see 3 rhetorics that could possibly be made here... but because of mine own personal beliefs, i will go no further...