Praise and Encouragement | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Praise and Encouragement

He had a TV show at some point.

That is fine. I dont agree. He is still funny
I dont need people to agree with me.

LOL...What can I say I am complex

My opinion in my own beliefs is enough for me. I dont need to make you believe what I am saying.

Not to say that sometimes I get involved in discussions. Sometimes I even get steamed. Life is too short to hate people because they dont believe as I do.

Plus people are more dynamic than that. I know we have had our differences. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I dont. You seem like your really care about issues and that is important and says alot about you.

If you dont like religion that is fine.

Well there is a right and wrong way to critisize. A lot of people critisize for the wrong reasons and in the wrong way. Criticism without personal judgment is the best approach methinks, but all to often criticism has a personal element to it.

There is nothing wrong with criticism so long as it is not judgemental.

And I agree that praise as a form of instruction is all to often ignored and it makes a lot more sense in the long run. It makes a lot of sense that people learn better through praise.

Well there is a right and wrong way to critisize. A lot of people critisize for the wrong reasons and in the wrong way. Criticism without personal judgment is the best approach methinks, but all to often criticism has a personal element to it.

There is nothing wrong with criticism so long as it is not judgemental.

And I agree that praise as a form of instruction is all to often ignored and it makes a lot more sense in the long run. It makes a lot of sense that people learn better through praise.

Agree, I dont think anyone is saying negative criticism for the sake of it is good, its not its abusive, but criticizing someones misdirections is a good way for them to learn from their mistakes. Likewise when someone does the right thing they should be praised or rewarded and given incentives to continue to beneficial behavior.

LOL we finally agree on something :m200:

Agree, I dont think anyone is saying negative criticism for the sake of it is good, its not its abusive, but criticizing someones misdirections is a good way for them to learn from their mistakes. Likewise when someone does the right thing they should be praised or rewarded and given incentives to continue to beneficial behavior.

2 times in one day I also agree :m200:

God you people make me feel like im EVIL or something :m142:

No not evil. I think that you are like the rest of us...You feel strongly about what you feel strongly. It just we are usually on opposite sides of the see-saw so to speak

I think it depends on the child, like Satya said, there are some kids that will absolutely feed off the attention that comes with criticism.

(and they grow up to be internet trolls? :D )

Damn I kinda liked the notion of being EEEVVVIIIILLLLLL:m179:

God you people make me feel like im EVIL or something :m142:

I just think its amusing. Its that cosmic ENFP sense of humor coming into play, I find the most random things hilarious, its nothing personal.

:m200:

I just think its amusing. Its that cosmic ENFP sense of humor coming into play, I find the most random things hilarious, its nothing personal.

:m200:
I think our avatars should battle it out for Evil domination. Apocalypse vs a sissy Satanic Tim Curry, You merely delay the inevitable!!!

I think Satya is right. Humans need affection. Look at the studies of old people getting depression from being ignored and invalidated. I try to compliment when I see something worth complimenting. I may compliment too much, but I don't really care. I don't think that it does any good for a compliment to stay in my head. You never know when the right words can make someone's day.

There are people on here who've totally made my day by saying something nice when I was really feeling lousy. Telling me nothing, or something negative wouldn't have helped. I also think complimenting is a form of being genuine.

Constructive criticism is helpful, but criticism just to criticize is not. I am thinking of artists in particular. How many people have stopped doing art because as a child, someone told them that they were no good at it? I've heard lots of stories like that.

Also, criticism that is meant to demean, or to make the other person feel better about themselves by demeaning you or making you inferior is just the wrong way to go about things. Criticism just to make someone feel bad is a bunch of b.s.

Constructive criticism on the other hand is valuable. For example, let's say you are a teacher and are grading a kid's paper. Let's say this paper is horrible. Do you simply mark it an F, and return it to the child with the note: HORRIBLE! Or do you point out things that could make it better? You could still give them an F, but tell them how to write a better one, and if they do the work, you might adjust the grade? That's constructive criticism - criticizing truly with an intent to help, not an intent to injure.

Last edited:
Reactions: AUM
I think Satya is right. Humans need affection. Look at the studies of old people getting depression from being ignored and invalidated. I try to compliment when I see something worth complimenting. I may compliment too much, but I don't really care. I don't think that it does any good for a compliment to stay in my head. You never know when the right words can make someone's day.

There are people on here who've totally made my day by saying something nice when I was really feeling lousy. Telling me nothing, or something negative wouldn't have helped. I also think complimenting is a form of being genuine.

Constructive criticism is helpful, but criticism just to criticize is not. I am thinking of artists in particular. How many people have stopped doing art because as a child, someone told them that they were no good at it? I've heard lots of stories like that.

Also, criticism that is meant to demean, or to make the other person feel better about themselves by demeaning you or making you inferior is just the wrong way to go about things. Criticism just to make someone feel bad is a bunch of b.s.

Constructive criticism on the other hand is valuable. For example, let's say you are a teacher and are grading a kid's paper. Let's say this paper is horrible. Do you simply mark it an F, and return it to the child with the note: HORRIBLE! Or do you point out things that could make it better? You could still give them an F, but tell them how to write a better one, and if they do the work, you might adjust the grade? That's constructive criticism - criticizing truly with an intent to help, not an intent to injure.

Moxie is home!!!! I agree!