Portal 2 | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Portal 2

EDIT: I actually realized (after posting this) that I made a calculation error when I added up my auto-saves (I missed three of them, geez), so the time is actually closer to 5 hours, give or take whatever didn't get logged properly in the auto-saves.

That sounds more realistic. I'm about 4 hours through and based upon the chapter number to end I expect 6 hours of play time.

You're still lying about Portal 1.

NOBODY has ever completed 1 in 20mins their first go at it I guarantee you, and most people take about 9 hours on their first run with 2.

Okay, really? EVERY time I mention my play through time for Portal 1, I get the same crap from a different person for it. What warrants a personal attack like this each and every time? If you think I'm lying, then fine, but there's no reason to be rude about the whole thing. Honestly, does it make a difference? I'm not sure for you, but it gives me the fuel to start off the day on a bad note (haha, thanks!). Looks like I shouldn't even bother checking in on this place at all when I wake up and have nothing else to do.

If I could prove you wrong about my first playthough on Portal 1, I would. Unfortunately, it's been years since I first beat it, so another playthrough for it wouldn't prove anything regarding my first time. So sadly, for both of us, we can't prove your statement true or false about whether or not I'm lying, seeing as an absence of proof doesn't serve as proof for your statement.

I did not mean to be rude, I really honestly believe that you are wrong. I don't know why you think you beat it in 20 minutes but it's just impossible. People who beat it in that time frame know exactly what they are doing. I'd still find 40 minutes quite miraculous but maybe feasable.

I'm not trying to be mean and I apologize if I hurt your feelings in some way but honestly I just find that to be impossible. Go watch speed runs on youtube, they are all around 15-18 minutes and have people running backwards and doing all sorts of crazy shit you'd never do on the first go at it.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, and it's difficult to express that with text. If you did it in that time on your first try somehow that's great, I don't have any sort of hate about what you are claiming or anything. You're some kind of portal super god.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved this speech

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ufRnf2Exc]LEMONS![/ame]

Although it's a little sad in context

I did not mean to be rude, I really honestly believe that you are wrong. I don't know why you think you beat it in 20 minutes but it's just impossible. People who beat it in that time frame know exactly what they are doing. I'd still find 40 minutes quite miraculous but maybe feasable.

I'm not trying to be mean and I apologize if I hurt your feelings in some way but honestly I just find that to be impossible. Go watch speed runs on youtube, they are all around 15-18 minutes and have people running backwards and doing all sorts of crazy shit you'd never do on the first go at it.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, and it's difficult to express that with text. If you did it in that time on your first try somehow that's great, I don't have any sort of hate about what you are claiming or anything. You're some kind of portal super god.

Yeah, I am just gonna echo this.

DC said:
EDIT: I actually realized (after posting this) that I made a calculation error when I added up my auto-saves (I missed three of them, geez), so the time is actually closer to 5 hours, give or take whatever didn't get logged properly in the auto-saves.

Why did you add them up...? You shouldn't have to, nor do I think can you. It tells you when you log back into the game quite clearly above the play button, how many hours were played in the game.

Reactions: Wyote
:D finished the game yesterday~ Or no... It was 2 days ago... or.. anyways. It was fuun :D :D Although my friend got really frustrated while playing because "It wasn't obvious where to go" at times. :3 :3

MAKE ME YOUR STEAM FRIEND, I think you can just add me as "oranguh" :3

Did you know that GLaDOS is one of my inspirations for life? It's true!

I was getting so lonely down here. It's good to finally hear someone else's voice. I'm kidding of course. God I hate you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GDXd8zQglE"]YouTube - All quotes from GLaDOS in Portal 2 [4/6] [Singleplayer 1/3][/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zpyOCQgN0k"]YouTube - All quotes from GLaDOS in Portal 2 [5/6] [Singleplayer 2/3][/ame]

Was going to post a pic of Part 6 (Single Player Part 3) - but the picture that goes with it is a spoiler.

If you saw it accidentally, there's only one thing to do. GET MAD.

I was dreaming in portals all night after playing coop with my husband yesterday...I think we're almost done with it.

BTW the game is only $35 right now at Kmart for ps3 and xbox360...if price was deterring anyone from buying it.

I've never played Portal 1, but I love the graphics. I love watching the epic run-throughs on Youtube as well.

Maybe one day I'll play it, but I have a feeling it would frustrate me. I tried playing the flash version online, and I got up to level 4 before turning it off in frustration.

WAT this came out? UGHHHH I don't think my laptop can run this!? If it can though? Whoo boy come this Friday guess what I AM GOING TO SPEND $50 on? (Hint: Portal 2)

I assume this game is available on ps3? I haven't played the first one but the trailers interested me, should I buy them both and play them sequentially or is this one of those instances were you should just skip to the second one?

Sequentially. The first one has some back story for the second one! The first one was made as an experiment though, so it's only about 1-2 hours long, but well worth it!

It is on the ps3. I have it. It's fine if you skip the first one, and really the only way to get it for the ps3 is to spend 30-40 bucks buying the orange box. Seeing as the first game is pretty short (assuming you don't get stuck) it's not really worth that much, but if you want to play the other games it's a good deal.

You can always go back and play the first one on Steam, if you need more Portal and can't wait until later this summer for the DLC expansion levels.

Yeah, I'd say get the cheapie portal stand alone for the PC... some people might also say you could get a Yarr Matey! copy, but I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that others might say that.

It is on the ps3. I have it. It's fine if you skip the first one, and really the only way to get it for the ps3 is to spend 30-40 bucks buying the orange box. Seeing as the first game is pretty short (assuming you don't get stuck) it's not really worth that much, but if you want to play the other games it's a good deal.

You can always go back and play the first one on Steam, if you need more portal and can't wait until later this summer for the DLC expansion levels.

Looking into this it seems the orange box would be best for me anyway. I only bought my Playstation 3 for Gran Turismo 5 so I'm a little lacking in games as I only have 3 (Gran Turismo 5, Assassins Creed, and Grand Theft Auto IV).

Playing Half-Life will make you appreciate some of the references in Portal too, they take place in the same universe.

I'm playing Portal 2 with a friend on PS3. It's good fun.