Portal 2 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Portal 2

*Fangirls*

Looks like a fun game. I haven't actually played Portal 1. Got to do that.
Its not a really long game, which is good if you just want to "tick the box" of completing it. However, there are a few updates that add more to do in each level, or more levels. The story is so nice too ^^. Not too hard either.

Its not a really long game, which is good if you just want to "tick the box" of completing it. However, there are a few updates that add more to do in each level, or more levels. The story is so nice too ^^. Not too hard either.

Heh. That's good. Most games are too long for me nowadays.

Portal 2 is already looking to be a great sequel. Hopefully it doesn't change the formula too much, but doesn't feel like the first game with a change of scenery.

Also, it had better last longer than 18 minutes!

never got to play the first one, I'm not even sure if it came out on the PS3. If it did though I might have to pick it up.

The Orange Box was released for the PS3.

Last edited:
Portal 2 is already looking to be a great sequel. Hopefully it doesn't change the formula too much, but doesn't feel like the first game with a change of scenery.

Also, it had better last longer than 18 minutes!

18 minutes? No way. I took me a few hours to get through portal (on my first run) but yes I will admit it was a short game. The people at valve have already said that this game is going to be much longer then the first, and will be rightfully considered a full game.

18 minutes? No way. I took me a few hours to get through portal (on my first run) but yes I will admit it was a short game. The people at valve have already said that this game is going to be much longer then the first, and will be rightfully considered a full game.

Yes, 18 minutes. Once you play the game and crack the puzzles, it can really be that sort :m100: I couldn't believe it either until I tried to do it myself.

Regardless, that's great that this isn't going to be another tacked-on game. The Portal series deserves it.

EDIT: this guy did it in under 13 minutes
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1PrnuYoOw"]YouTube- Portal speed run 12:50 Part 1/2[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSajUI1R4ns&feature=related"]YouTube- Portal speedrun 12:50 Part 2/2[/ame]

Oh I have no doubt you can do it that fast once you know the puzzles. I never concider that as the marker for the length of a game though.

Ooooh, I just love the fact that the game combines eerie scenery, dark humour and logic puzzles!

What more could one want!?

Time to dig this up! With a week left to go and so much more known about Portal 2, what thoughts do you have about it? Excited? Worried? Other?

Also, has anyone else pre-ordered it yet? I have my pre-order with Amazon, which gets me an initial $5 off the original price and a $20 Amazon Card. I've also heard Wal-Mart is offering $20 gift cards with pre-orders. Maybe we should list off pre-order goodies that are known about so that those who haven't pre-ordered and want to can see what's out there? Who knows!

Amazon: $5 dollars off, no tax charged at purchase time, $20 amazon gift card, free release-date delivery.

Wal-Mart: $20 Wal-Mart gift card.

Gamestop: Exclusive skins with pre-orders.

Amazon Germany(??): Rumored to have exclusive skins with pre-orders that are different from those offered by Gamestop.

I preorderd it on steam last night! Yay!

I am sooooooo excited for this! They released a comic the other day that fills in the back story, in particular why chell survived for 100's of years. This game is gonna be so good.

Here are the latest "investment opertunties", to which I am absolutely investing in :D

[YOUTUBE]0qcED35LL8I[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]AZMSAzZ76EU[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]6i-nMWgBUp0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]wX9Sc88qreg[/YOUTUBE]

I preorderd it on steam last night! Yay!

I am sooooooo excited for this! They released a comic the other day that fills in the back story, in particular why chell survived for 100's of years. This game is gonna be so good.

Nice! I never would've found this since I don't look at game sites that much these days. Totally awesome :D

I wonder if the Steam/PS3 versions can co-op with each other, given that (how the "free PC/Mac copy with PS3 version" is suppose to work), they essentially link on the same network. I'd hope so, as I'd like to be able to play Portal 2 co-op with someone I actually know on the PS3.

Also, I wonder if the Steam server will experience issues on the 19th for those that are going for the downloadable copies...

Nice! I never would've found this since I don't look at game sites that much these days. Totally awesome :D

I wonder if the Steam/PS3 versions can co-op with each other, given that (how the "free PC/Mac copy with PS3 version" is suppose to work), they essentially link on the same network. I'd hope so, as I'd like to be able to play Portal 2 co-op with someone I actually know on the PS3.

Also, I wonder if the Steam server will experience issues on the 19th for those that are going for the downloadable copies...

Yup, PS3 and mac/PC versions can do co-op together. I just hope they can do voice with it as well because with something like this, your DEFINITELY going to have to talk to each other a lot (which is what is so appealing about co-op to me :D). If not, I'll just have whoever is on PS3 (if I am playihg with them) drag their laptop over and have skype going so we can chat.

Also, I bet steam has done something to help bolster the servers for that day (possibly diverting resources or something). They'll have a good idea of how much they will need based off the number of preorders the have. all I know is I am waking up at 5am, which is when it's set to be released in my timezone, and start the download ASAP.

Yup, PS3 and mac/PC versions can do co-op together. I just hope they can do voice with it as well because with something like this, your DEFINITELY going to have to talk to each other a lot (which is what is so appealing about co-op to me :D). If not, I'll just have whoever is on PS3 (if I am playihg with them) drag their laptop over and have skype going so we can chat.

Also, I bet steam has done something to help bolster the servers for that day (possibly diverting resources or something). They'll have a good idea of how much they will need based off the number of preorders the have. all I know is I am waking up at 5am, which is when it's set to be released in my timezone, and start the download ASAP.

True, although I'm kind of skeptical about the reliability of basing the server-load on pre-orders for digital copies. I mean, unless they give priority download to the pre-ordered accounts for the first few hours of the day, I don't see much of a point of offering pre-orders for digital copies. Then again, I could be missing something here.

I'll be waiting on my copy to arrive in the mail that day, but I won't be able to start playing until later that night because of my schedule :m142: Just for kicks, I played through Portal with some free time I had this weekend. Still got it :m027: although, that being said, I'm a bit paranoid about the length of the single-player campaign. I'm hoping the short playthru for the Portal 1 campaign was purely due to having been through it before... then again, I haven't touched the game in ages. Maybe Weatly and other things will help stretch the campaign out outside of the puzzles.

I'm interested to see if plot elements from Half-Life make their way into Portal 2, moreso than the brief mention of Black Mesa in "Still Alive." I know Half-Life is integrating Aperture Science with its plot, so I'm hoping Portal 2 will do something similar. Or hint at what the Borealis is (which, btw, I suspect to be the subject in the latest Valve teaser picture they leaked.)

I guess I should bump this thread after I beat the thing. Admittedly, it was about 10 times longer than the original Portal game on my first run (*EDIT* vs. 20 minutes, give or take a few seconds). Now I just need a monster.... I mean friend to go through the co-op.

Has anyone else beat Portal 2? Thoughts? I personally saw the plot coming a mile away because Wheatly had that accent (if you've played Bioshock, you know what I'm talking about).

EDIT: I actually realized I made a calculation error when I added up my auto-saves (I missed three of them, geez), so the time is actually closer to 5 hours, give or take whatever didn't get logged properly in the auto-saves.

Last edited:
...you beat it in just over 3 hours? did you even take the time to listen to the dialouge at all? Or at least take in the easter eggs and hidden goodies and over all scenery? It took me around 9 hours or so.

The game was awesome though. I really enjoyed it. Great puzzles, but I felt like they should have included more elements in to the chambers. Also, why no pneumatic diversity vents? Maybe that's just co-op. The story answered a lot of questions, and filled in a TON of back story, which is totally awesome. The story is really what has/had be swooning over the game. There's still some stuff that I am unsure of though! There's still questions I have, and there were several things that were said that were never elaborated on. I have a feeling the co-op story will fill that in more though once I can play it.

Also, this was one of my favorite parts of the game as far as hilarity! And don't worry, it doesn't spoil anything:

[YOUTUBE]LU0SjButwCQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]t3Zm7DmWO5k[/YOUTUBE]

I was DYING while I was sitting there watching this. So funny!

so anyone not played portal 1 i have a free game steam gift thingy, who wants it

[MENTION=1]Deathjam[/MENTION] want, want, so much want

Last edited:
...you beat it in just over 3 hours? did you even take the time to listen to the dialouge at all? Or at least take in the easter eggs and hidden goodies and over all scenery? It took me around 9 hours or so.

I'm pretty sure I found most of the easter eggs and hidden goodies on the my first playthrough, but since I didn't reference a strategy guide, I can't be entirely sure about what I missed (I'm sure I could check my Steam achievements to give me a better idea, but the server hasn't been working for me since Tuesday. Might be different today). And I really don't see how the game time can effect whether or not I listened to the dialogue or enjoyed the scenery. If it weren't for the humor, I wouldn't have played through the first game; there wouldn't have been any point in playing the second one and ignoring it.

As an aside, I can't really say that I liked the song from Portal 2's credits more than "Still Alive." But that might just be me.

EDIT: I actually realized (after posting this) that I made a calculation error when I added up my auto-saves (I missed three of them, geez), so the time is actually closer to 5 hours, give or take whatever didn't get logged properly in the auto-saves.

Last edited:
You're still lying about Portal 1.

NOBODY has ever completed 1 in 20mins their first go at it I guarantee you, and most people take about 9 hours on their first run with 2.

I'm already at about four hours playing time and I am in the middle of the game. I have only been stuck ONCE for about ten minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndigoSensor