patterns or trends in attraction | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

patterns or trends in attraction

I honestly don't look for certain traits, I just go off what I feel and see what occurs from there. But now as I've become older, I look for men that are more emotional, committed, sensible, and realistic. I'm a very practical, rational person but my focus is more on the long-term so it's nice to find a man that is more sensory orientated and emotional than I am. I find it's a balance that I need in a partner. Most importantly, he needs to be reliable and responsible... if I was ever in need, it would feel safe to know that I'll always have support in him.

Last edited:
I've noticed, for the most part, that I'm attracted to intuitives. Either INXX or ENXX. 9 times out of 10. Currently in love with an INTJ I never see--fun times!!

Guys who are circumspect with regards to their relationship choices tend to win my interest. If I sense an opportunistic attitude about dating I generally feel put off. In my opinion, people's behavior in relationships can act as a useful barometer for how they may act in situations where emotions run high, which tend to be the situations which are most revelatory about one's character. Having some intentional reserve with regards to dating is a trait I respect as it tends to suggest foresight and independence. In addition to this, I'm consistently attracted to guys who are honest and direct; impression management rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:
I'm consistently attracted to guys who are honest and direct; impression management rubs me the wrong way.

agree. this I think is more important than anything else, at least for me.

Someone who can meet me at my intellectual level, but not in a overly-competitive way.

Sincere, Honest, Practical with a touch of imagination, Rational with a touch of sensitivity, Dependable, and has a decent sense of humour.

Unconsciously, I definitely go for ENTPs (only serious relationship - and the communication dynamics between us were amazing - just different values).

Consciously, one of my best friends is an ENFP, and I always imagined that if I met an ENFP GUY, I would totally be attracted to him. I also have always really liked smart guys, especially if they are book *and* career smart/career-oriented. Bam. So attractive to me. Also, if they are emotionally availability, a little nurturing, but also independent - liking space to themselves as I really value my autonomy and space to breathe, unwind, and achieve my goals. Values are a big thing for me, especially as I get more into my career and when I think of relationships, I think a little more serious now.

I currently like this guy, I think he is an ISFP. Something about the "I-S" I am really attracted to lately. Maybe my ENTP-ex experience encouraged me to want something a little more here, now, and a more predictable :).