[PUG] - Osama Bin Laden is dead Part II | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Osama Bin Laden is dead Part II

I suppose that could be true; stop being so reasonable! =3

Still, that he would accept that kind of sacrifice still makes my skin crawl... about as much as the jubilation at his defeat or all the pseudoconservative anti-worker fronts across the world. The problems that create these circumstances have not yet been dealt with and are only getting worse.

Oh I can agree with that to an extent, though at the same time I am quite sure that if my own husband was in danger of being shot down that I would do all I could to save his life as well and I know he would do the same for me.

I would not run the other way.

Maybe he would have been a different person entirely if generation upon generation of other excessively selfish people hadn't subjected the masses to unnecessary strife and poverty... that doesn't make anything he did okay. 23,478,298,374 wrongs don't make a right.
I agree with this completely and I think to some extent the excessively wealthy people of the world do need to take responsibility and try to understand that their exploitations of these middle eastern countries will only lead to more of the same.

[MENTION=3545]bickelz[/MENTION] and chamomile I do not know about DNA test and credibility of politicians but I do know that when Che Guevara was dead they took thousands of pictures of him. I do not know why they had to throw the body in the sea or why they had to respect his religion (after all they killed him) but I do know that disappearing evidence of your victory is suspicious (either a fraud, either fear, either want to make someone believe the contrary for some reason). So you are right to be skeptical.

Not to mention the whole story about the woman etc. Guys, seriously, that can be a film scene and far away from my reality. Terrorists don't hide with women. Only in Hollywood they have families and eat pizza while watching a video at a friend's house and, then, Rambo comes from the WC window. So ... I am with you on challenging the whole story. The details at least.

@Arstu Taraz RIP? You are so fearless!!! people have been in prison for less serious statements :)

[MENTION=1669]Res[/MENTION] Agree! But since you live in the USA do you have any good reason why these news were released now? They could comfort 09/11 victims earlier or later.

@Arstu Taraz RIP? You are so fearless!!! people have been in prison for less serious statements :)

Bring it on, world. :cool:

of course and I didn't mean my comment sarcastically. I have no grudge against him as a person, he's the product of a certain genetic construct and cultural/political environment which led him to life of unforgivable crime.

but now he's no longer, which is best for everyone.

*eye twitches*

...nevermind.

expand PLZ

People don't deserve to be killed; if you kill someone you are asserting your superiority over them in one way or another by believing that your judgment is superior/more important than the other person. However, that's relative. People simply have different points of view which, if communicated properly, can be reconciled with each other. There's no need for murder if we can just understand what the other person wants and adjust accordingly.

Even in extreme conditions such as dealing with a terrorist, there's always, always room for reformation and/or improvement. Putting someone to death and taking their right to live is one of the biggest thefts of nature. Humans don't have the right to do it.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: jyrffw54 and Kgal
People don't deserve to be killed; if you kill someone you are asserting your superiority over them in one way or another by believing that your judgment is superior/more important than the other person. However, that's relative. People simply have different points of view which, if communicated properly, can be reconciled with each other. There's no need for murder if we can just understand what the other person wants and adjust accordingly.

Even in extreme conditions such as dealing with a terrorist, there's always, always room for reformation and/or improvement. Putting someone to death and taking their right to live is one of the biggest thefts of nature. Humans don't have the right to do it.

Just my opinion.

I agree and disagree; if we dealt with people reasonably from the start (going back to the beginning of human history) and did not let greed get the better of us, the amount of strife and anger would be so much lower that things like terrorism would be essentially unknown. This guy could have been a basketball player on that alternate earth. Still, when you order the deaths of thousands, I think you give up any right to life. To be fair, though, that should go for ~everyone~... not just terrorists. The cost of committing war should be just as dire, and those willing to undertake the *cough* necessity of declaring war should knowingly abide those consequences, presuming that their life is no less valuable than those who would die by said act.

Let's deal with WHY people are killing each other so that the motivation to do so goes away, and that begins with educating against the need for greed. We have civilization now; let's act like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsal

Just my opinion.

there is no claim of superiority and I believe people have the right to be reformed rather than punished. but there are lines (i.e. planned murder, raping a child, etc.) that when someone crosses, there is just no going back to society, these individuals should be ostracized for the potential harm they cause.

Honestly, I think that sometimes it's ok to kill in certain circumstances, even when on the offensive.

But you're not supposed to cheer over it, for Christ's sake. Show some fucking respect for human life.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q98-d51-Lbs"]YouTube - 'Bin Laden busiest corpse in show business for last 10 years'[/ame]

@Res Agree! But since you live in the USA do you have any good reason why these news were released now? They could comfort 09/11 victims earlier or later.

Not much for wondering why it was released, etc. My point was, I can understand the sentiment many people are expressing.

Not to mention the whole story about the woman etc. Guys, seriously, that can be a film scene and far away from my reality. Terrorists don't hide with women. Only in Hollywood they have families and eat pizza while watching a video at a friend's house and, then, Rambo comes from the WC window. So ... I am with you on challenging the whole story. The details at least.

Supposedly it was his wife Bin Laden was hiding with. But you're right, it seems like a film out of an American western. We stormed in, they took hostages, there was a shoot out and we shot the bad guy in the head.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIwfp6YDXTM&feature=related"]YouTube - 'Osama death huge boost for Obama, timing strategic'[/ame]

the way you display your hate is distasteful

why do you promote this attitude?

It is his opinion. I think it is distasteful to accuse it of being hatred. He is just as entitled to his as you are to yours (that includes the entitlement to state it). It is not hatred to believe Osama is in hell as many, many, many do and that is based on personal belief or religious affiliation. It is not hateful to see it as justice since he was a human who chose his actions. If expression of opinion is hatred, you are guilty the same as me. To try to deny someone that right on a forum because you disagree is trolling.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
the way you display your hate is distasteful

why do you promote this attitude?

Actually, I really don't hate. To me, killing OBL was clinical, like excising a malignant tumor, which is then thrown in the biohazard bin and eventually incinerated.

On the other hand, I was at the Pentagon on 9-11 and, obviously, you weren't.

Here's an interesting video I think you people may want to watch, it's helped me understand and empathize with those in Iraq who may be considered a terrorist. Although the actions of Osama himself are atrocious, this does not mean that his followers are themselves 'pure evil'. This has made me realise that most conflict comes from an initial greed of a minority with power, mixed with misunderstanding on behalf of the majority who follow the inital minority.
http://www.ted.com/talks/sam_richards_a_radical_experiment_in_empathy.html

Actually, I really don't hate. To me, killing OBL was clinical, like excising a malignant tumor, which is then thrown in the biohazard bin and eventually incinerated.

On the other hand, I was at the Pentagon on 9-11 and, obviously, you weren't.

Why were you at the pentagon on 9-11?

'rot in hell' is hate speak

if you don't intend to communicate hate, don't make statements that promote it

i understand how it would feel great assuming that justice has been served...
but i don't think it is so simple as we have been led to believe

emotional manipulation keeps everything superficial
masses are moved by hate/fear and security/justice

seems to me that 'rot in hell' is a statement we make as the result of a gross miscalculation

i don't feel it is healthy to promote such a mentality, spirit, attitude,