One-on-one or small group irl? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

One-on-one or small group irl?

It depends, I am highly reserved around anyone I don't know well, the small group offers more diversity which is quite beneficial but also more chance of problems.

Depends on what is being communicated/worked on.

Exactly this. I can be absolutely fine in a small group (3-4 people) if the topic of discussion is one that can bring me out of my shell. I tend to shut down quick in the presence of strangers though.. and I can be the best when I'm alone with one person.

I hate it when I'm in a group where people know each other a lot better than me. Then I feel left out. I want everyone to be on the same footing.

I love one-on-one with an interesting person, especially a close friend where we can share intimate information, but, if the person is boring, then I definitely want the group. The worst thing for me is to feel inhibited, like I can't add anything to the conversation. I find myself introducing random topics that nobody else wants to discuss because they like what they're talking about already, so I just sit in silence.

Small group, 'cause then if I get tired I can fade into the background :) Plus, other people's conversations are interesting.