Old Souls | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Old Souls

I have been thinking about this- do you think experiencing an instant connection with someone, or people, is related to the age of your soul?
Sure its possible. I think there's something there.

This is going to sound really strange but Taylor Swift reminds me of someone I think I know or at least her songs do. I have never met her and never will.

There's been theorisings too, although I dont recall where exactly, that people dont possess souls per se but that they have to "grow" or develop them if they exist, it was hypothesised by some physicist who was taking into consideration debates about mind and consciousness.

I found that theory remarkable because of some of the ethical questions it gives rise to about age and stage of development, the importance of development etc. although some of those would exist in a humanistic/materialistic/reductive frame of reference too. Although what I really felt was important was that perhaps the distraction from all things spiritual and the aggressive rise of apathy, as opposed to any sort of sophisticated atheism, has meant that less people have any kind of soul to speak of and hence another explanation for the decline of supernatural incidence or experience other than the simplistic idea that modern technics and culture have dispelled it all as so much superstition.

Sure its possible. I think there's something there.

This is going to sound really strange but Taylor Swift reminds me of someone I think I know or at least her songs do. I have never met her and never will.

Yeah but dont you think that this could just be really clever industry engineering?

They can and do create bands, artists and tunes which have that quality of resonating with people in order to engender success and make money. That it backfires or is rubbish most of the time I just think reflects the fact that they are trying to cast such a wide net and looking to maximise rather than optimise supply and sales.

Yeah but dont you think that this could just be really clever industry engineering?

They can and do create bands, artists and tunes which have that quality of resonating with people in order to engender success and make money. That it backfires or is rubbish most of the time I just think reflects the fact that they are trying to cast such a wide net and looking to maximise rather than optimise supply and sales.
If so they have done an exceptional job in this one instance.