Obi Wan Kenobi - INFJ or ISFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Obi Wan Kenobi - INFJ or ISFJ

You're analysing him at a point in his life when he's developed all his functions, and he dies in the first half hour?

Use the other movies.

According to my frubals, I'm a Jedi master. I'm like Yoda or Mace Windu.

I wouldn't be surprised if Qui Gon Jinn was an INFJ. Obi Wan Kenobi- I don't think so, but I don't know what he would be.

Obi Wan has such strong SJ tendencies.

I think it depends on whether we're talking about the prequels or the original movies.

In the original movies he's a 100% without-a-doubt INFJ. (At least IMO).

Since the series ends with the original movies I'd say he is INFJ.

Keeping firmly in mind that he's a fictional character and that he is secondary for the screen time, let's have some analyzing fun :D

I love how you always keep things in rational perspective. Kudos!

First of all we can safely settle down on introversion - he was certainly not swinging around with his tongue like Jar Jar. In fact he was quiet even for jedi standards.

True, but being talkative may not be indicative of introversion. Obiwan seemed to have a very extroverted approach to the universe around him. He had very much concern and focus for taking an active role in positive change.

Next strong moral values which are based on external order and some impressive skills in psychology and diplomacy - therefore Fe.

No doubt here, but these traits are so strong in him that they could be his dominant function, making him more Fe than not.

As for the perception skills he liked watching from a distance and with minimal interference - that means Ni/Si. I might be biased on this but it seemed to me that he relied more on intuition rather than facts at the critical moments. Yoda was far superior in that skill so everyone around him looked less N. It can also seem diminished by the fact that Obi did not notice the corruption of Anakin - but hey, everybody makes mistakes :)

Or it could be a case of his P function being secondary. With a tertiary Se, this would also explain why he comes off as an S type to some people. Ben certainly had that Se streak when he finally ended up swinging the lightsaber. Even in his old age, he went after someone he knew he couldn't take, to help others. Se and Fe combo right there.

The J preference comes as a derivative bonus from Ni Fe.

Or possibly, Fe + Ni.

I don't think Jedis suppressed their feelings - they learned to master them instead.

Fe dominance will often force someone to self sacrifice. Ni gives someone the ability to transform themselves into whatever they need to. Fe gives someone the motivation to do it.

Therefore, it is possible that Obiwan was an ENFJ, or at minimum a very well developed INFJ. Because when it is all said and done, this fictional character has traits of both because the story needed him to have them.

Since the series ends with the original movies I'd say he is INFJ.

Actually, this would imply that he was an ENFJ who developed his other functions into becoming much closer to an INFJ at the end, which is what happens when people age. They become very balanced. He was definitely a little fireball that mellowed with age (ENFJ to INFJish), not a meek watcher type that grew inner power (INFJ to ENFJish).

His entire motivation was to help others, even to the point of self sacrifice, and he used his intuition to support this cause.

Last edited:
I can agree to ENFJ too since they are close. It's a bit sad actually that heroes in movies are almost always portrayed with extroverted traits for the crowd to cheer :p Where's that quiet INFJ that saves the day?

Also if looked from a temperament theory Obi acted like a catalyst - he enjoyed being a sidekick and giving wise advice to younger jedis :) It confirms NF.