Nostalgia . . . those were the days | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Nostalgia . . . those were the days

Lying on the futon in your attic bedroom.
Laughing until I counldn't breathe and my abs ached.
The wrinkles etching into my face, marking me forever.
Permanent pressing our memories into my being.

Laughing with you, always.

Reactions: Gaze
-Summer family trips to a certain nearby city.

-Back when she would tell me that she loved me. She won't anymore.:m142:

Last edited:
Summer vacation. I remember asking my dad when he got to go on summer vacation and being terribly sad when he said he didn't get a summer vacation.
Oh don't forget Scooby Doo--hated Scrappy Doo
Captain Caveman

Swinging on the swing sets in October when the leaves were falling. Going for long drives through Niagara On the Lake in summer time with my parents and going to get ice cream. Going to my sister's dance competitions and watching her win first place all the time...

These are pleasant memories for me.

Honestly? All my nostalgia is purely fantasy based.

Wizards, Dragons, and Elves. Such great stories they bring back...

Many of the accounts here sound great in theory though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSG5ANAdIp4"]YouTube- The World of David the Gnome intro[/ame]

Reactions: the
I'm nostalgic for those times as a kid when I would dream that things would turn out OK - those times when I still had hope.

And I remember those times as a kid when I would brew full pots of tea and take them and a book to a snug and hidden place in the house, and read all day.

I'm nostalgic for those times as a young adult when I would spend an 8-10 hour day (and hundreds of dollars) doing nothing but record-shopping whilst walking the city. I'm nostalgic for those times when I had a personal relationship with each shop owner.

I'm nostalgic for those times as a young adult when I would walk my dog on crisp autumn nights.

I had to think really hard on this topic, because:

I'm not that nostalgic, probably because my childhood blew.

Well, that and I absolutely suck at remembering good times. Or maybe I tell myself that so I don't have to accept that there weren't many of them.

cheers,
Ian

Toonami on Cartoon Network, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Digimon,Power Rangers, All the Classic Cartoon Network shows, all the classic Nick Shows, The Simpsons, All That, Salute your Shorts, Kenan and Kel, Slime Time, Double Dare, Even Stevens, Kim Possible, Lizzie McGuire, Nick Jr., acting out all my favorite shows, When I didn't have to care abour my appearance, when I didn't have to work hard for my grades, Playing 2-Ball with the neighborhood kids, spending endless hours in my room with my friend recording ourselves sing on tape, like we were at a concert, Arthur, Reading all the Harry Potter books for the first time. Recess at school, When gas was $1.50, Making mudpies, playing Tag, Freeze Tag, Tv Tag, Hide and Seek, man hunt, four-square, dodge ball...until the porch light came on and you had to come in, Going to the beach every sunday, followed by Dairy Queen, Going to Busch gardens every year,

ahh childhood, the list could go on lol

I get really nostalgic for my university days. I miss waking up late, skipping class, and going shopping on weekday afternoons. I miss living minutes away from all my closest friends. I miss the silly student things we used to do like sitting outside talking about nothing all night, and how easy it was to do those things. I miss feeling like "being old" was something I could worry about later.

*sigh*
I miss this the most, too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCg1kb1sA0"]YouTube- Pinwheel opening credits 1980s[/ame]

Its kind of creepy.

This was a fav of mine though

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cxLfIs051c&feature=related"]YouTube- Today's Special Intro[/ame]

Last edited: