Nonsense Quotes | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Nonsense Quotes

Its so delicate and reminds me of a blushing maiden. All the traits that are in line with a quirky lemon flower. Goddamnit. I want to rescue you and snuggle you and cherish you and Im not even a man! :tearsofjoy:

Oh. Sorry, I probably just made your eyes fall out from seeing that big ole' dirty word.. :p

I tease if I like you, don't worry, its done in love. :)

Oh, I'm almost 35... I feel you when people say I'm cute, its like... what? Have you seen my age related imperfections? Lol

Are there any quotes that you guys just roll your eyes at when they're posted because you know on some level that it's a trite little spoonful of bullshit? Post them here!
Some fun with this .... I'll go through the thread later when I've more time lol

Its so delicate and reminds me of a blushing maiden. All the traits that are in line with a quirky lemon flower. Goddamnit. I want to rescue you and snuggle you and cherish you and Im not even a man! :tearsofjoy:

Oh. Sorry, I probably just made your eyes fall out from seeing that big ole' dirty word.. :p

I tease if I like you, don't worry, its done in love. :)

Oh, I'm almost 35... I feel you when people say I'm cute, its like... what? Have you seen my age related imperfections? Lol

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This really made me laugh!

I actually get this in real life as well! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Some fun with this .... I'll go through the thread later when I've more time lol

Awwww I love cliches :flushed: I tend not to use them when speaking with people as I know it can be a bit patronising but I do love them!

Reactions: John K
Awwww I love cliches :flushed: I tend not to use them when speaking with people as I know it can be a bit patronising but I do love them!
The best ones are both profound and irritatingly worn out :D. I love those .... but they can't easily be used without repelling folks, or triggering the wrong conventional emotional response. It's lovely when they can be put into an unexpected rare context that lights them up as though they were freshly minted.

It's lovely when they can be put into an unexpected rare context that lights them up as though they were freshly minted.

I learnt to do this over time! I learnt the hard way of when to not use cliches and so have tried to remain very mindful of when to use them but they'll always be something I love :D no matter how cheesy they are to everyone else!

'Never let anyone dull your sparkle'

:D

I've always liked various Southernisms. Some of them are hilarious. Some of them make no friggin' sense.

“His face looks like 10 miles of dirt road"

um, what?
LOL don't you love the poetry of that description, whatever it means? I once heard a celebrity described as having "a face like a burst open sliced loaf" - cruel but accurate :tearsofjoy:

LOL don't you love the poetry of that description, whatever it means? I once heard a celebrity described as having "a face like a burst open sliced loaf" - cruel but accurate :tearsofjoy:

LOL

I do appreciate the poetry of it! But it's such a cruel thing to say to someone. Not only are you insulting them, now they're confused by what you mean by it and whether or not they can fix it. It's a build-your-own-insecurity that's gonna follow them into many showers to come. :tearsofjoy:

LOL

I do appreciate the poetry of it! But it's such a cruel thing to say to someone. Not only are you insulting them, now they're confused by what you mean by it and whether or not they can fix it. That's an insult that's gonna follow them into many showers to come. :tearsofjoy:
That's the trouble with these barbed descriptions. I think some of them start life as descriptions of an individual who is cultivating that sort of celebrity persona, so it goes with their public 'face', but then the phrase catches on and gets passed around as insults used on more defenceless people who have poor self-esteem.

I once had a youth minister say to me: "at the heart of every problem is a problem of the heart."

The quote itself was nonsense, but the way he leaned back in his chair, so self-satisfied that he had blown my mind with cleverness is what really struck me.

'Don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks'

Smallprint: The most important things in life are determined by what people think, and you will be constantly at the mercy of the judgement of others.
At the same time, it's kind of nice to unburden yourself of opinions that are ultimately unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

At the same time, it's kind of nice to unburden yourself of opinions that are ultimately unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
Oh, for sure.

I don't think it's entirely devoid of wisdom, just that it will fuck you up if taken to its natural conclusion.

maxresdefault.jpg