Nonsense Quotes | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Nonsense Quotes

There's one on the wall on the ward I work on, attributed to no-one, that says 'It's okay to be sensitive, that's what happens when you have magic in your heart.'

It genuinely makes me angry but maybe I'm just being overly-magical.

Where'd you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eating p**sy?
Childhood turf war over prime onion land, lol.

None of those kids did... it was a weird place.

We were playing on a particular housing estate in my home village/Town. Specifically either some kind of building site, or a tipping site, with a huge mound of earth mixed with refuse.

We'd seen kids cook 'onions' they'd found on a fire, eat them, and then proceed to vomit all over the place here. They weren't onions, they were plant bulbs, but they didn't listen to us.

The brick thing happened when we were playing on the mound, which kind of had trenches dug into it - I don't know if the 'trenches' were there already or if kids had made them. Then another group of kids from the local estate appeared and they seemed to feel like they 'owned' it somehow, and started pelting us with stones. Some kind of turf war broke out over this mound, and a bigger boy (too big to be playing with these little kids, really) threw a brick at me, which hit me in the ear.

Dazed, blood. I went home and my mum took me to the hospital where they glued up my ear.

Such a weird place. Kids are weird as fuck.

Now get fucked.

I like this quote because I see it as when I'm having a bad day and just want to be alone or to cry my eyes out to my hearts content etc and you can't handle that then why should you deserve me at my best. That's my interpretation of this anyway - it may be a little naive but whatevs.
I agree. That was my impression when I first saw it.

But I could see how it could be used to justify being awful. It depends on the individual's interpretation.

I hate the saying "You can't love someone else until you love yourself"

Um you don't get to tell me that, whoever you are that came up with that shit.

Also, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

Then why the fuck do we have the cake if not to eat it?

Many more. But honestly people will use whatever quotes to make their points seem valid... even out of context. Drives me crazy sometimes lol.

I agree. That was my impression when I first saw it.

But I could see how it could be used to justify being awful. It depends on the individual's interpretation.

Exactly, everyone interprets quotes differently and to what they deem fit in their mind. Most of the time I always interpret quotes as positives because that's my mindset and someone with a negative mindset could interpret a positive quote to a negative quote.

I hate the saying "You can't love someone else until you love yourself"

Um you don't get to tell me that, whoever you are that came up with that shit.

Also, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

Then why the fuck do we have the cake if not to eat it?

Many more. But honestly people will use whatever quotes to make their points seem valid... even out of context. Drives me crazy sometimes lol.
Yes!

Aneirin posted something a while back which made this exact point.

I feel like this thread will kill all the quotes I like and turn me against them!

giphy.gif
Just remember, context. If we use them in the right times for the inspiration we need, with good intentions many quotes are truly inspirational :hearteyes:

But some are just trash lol.

then they werent shit to begin with
:flushed:
Now now Grimster. What if I said something that meant a lot to you and helped you wasn't shit?

You probably didn't mean any harm, but it made me feel sorry for Quirky.

Damn these feels.

:flushed:
Now now Grimster. What if I said something that meant a lot to you and helped you wasn't shit?

You probably didn't mean any harm, but it made me feel sorry for Quirky.

Damn these feels.
i didnt say it.. she said it.. if her mind gets swayed by one thread, what did those quotes rly mean?? if her mind gets swayed didnt she do it to herself?

yea didnt mean to harm Quirk, but yea? i dont feel sry?

i didnt say it.. she said it.. if her mind gets swayed by one thread, what did those quotes rly mean?? if her mind gets swayed didnt she do it to herself?

yea didnt mean to harm Quirk, but yea? i dont feel sry?
I understand what you're saying. But sometimes we can be faced with situations where things/people we thought were great turned out to not be so great and it's kinda sad... like losing a friend (lol this seems a bit dramatic of me to talk about since its only quotes we're talking about, but really its the principle... the idea behind whats being said)

I just empathize is all. <3

Last edited: