KazeCraven

Graduated from Typology : May 2011
Donor
Aug 9, 2009
MBTI
IEI
Enneagram
6w5 sp/sx
Is your mortality something that you tend to shrug your shoulders about? Or is it something you ponder at length?

Does being reminded of your mortality boost or dampen your day? (This could also be interpreted as a yes/no question.)

Related question: does your life hold meaning despite your mortality or because of it?

Memento Mori

I put ignore I don't really see the point of obsessing over it cause its gonna happen anyways. I am young and invincible, I have better thing to obsess over.

Is your mortality something that you tend to shrug your shoulders about? Or is it something you ponder at length?

Does being reminded of your mortality boost or dampen your day? (This could also be interpreted as a yes/no question.)

oh.. mortality. it underpins everything else about our existence. i do ponder it at length, not exactly because i want to, but because of the associations that can be made to it from everything else.

being reminded of my own mortality doesn't automatically dampen or boost my mood, it just sort of makes me more reflective.

Related question: does your life hold meaning despite your mortality or because of it?
good question. i'd say it holds meaning because of it; the value of anything seems intrinsically tied to our conception of time.

Last edited:
Being reminded of my mortality is a bit of a boost for me. My soul is very, very tired.

I often remind myself of my own and other people's mortality, it helps to put things in perspective.

I'm not ignoring it nor fixating too much on it. Most of the time it doesn't bother me at all, it's inevitable, though I'd like to live as long as possible.

It holds meaning because of it, the time I have to make something meaningful for myself is relatively short.

I wouldn't say I am fixated on the concept of death. However, I believe mortality is something that needs to remain in perspective for myself, in order to keep trivialities from ruling me.

Niether fear nor fixate nor ignore. Accept it for what it is, and what it does. Without it, nothing is worthwhile, with it, beauty is allowed to exist because its not infinite in quantity.

The saying "Today is a good day to die" has meaning to most Natives. The symbolism of the saying is that at the moment of your death you are content because you have lived your life the right way. To be honorable and do your best to work toward ensuring the future of Natives or your Tribal members is very important. Many will say that you should live your life with the 7th Generation in mind. If you work toward making the 7th Generation's future better, you are taking into account the generations in between. 7 generations ago my ancestors lived thru tremendous pain and suffering to ensure that I had a future, that my tribe still exists, I can do no less.

On the side, most people claim they are afraid of death but in fact are more afraid of living.

I am highly fascinated with death, more so than life itself.
Studying about the paranormal is a hobby of mine as its an undiscovered science.

I definitely prefer to fixate on it; it puts things into perspective and makes life more meaningful.