Morality is Evil. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Morality is Evil.

The value of opinions on morality is equal to that of favorites.

I like the colors blue and green the best; what do you think about that?
You're Wrong Sinner!

Green and Silver.

"Is something good because god commands it, or does god command it because it is good?"

If we say that something is good because god commands it, then I suppose that all the wars that have been fought for the name of religion are good because that's what god would want.

If we say that god commands it because it is good, then what became the basis to establish something as good or not?

I almost never agree with anything that this guy says about religion, but this time, he may have a point.
I think that would depend on whether or not you see a lot of credibility in the individual who decides he is speaking for God and this is what God wants.

Someone could rape and murder in the name of all that is good in the world, but that doesn't mean that we would count this particular action against any of it because it is the very antithesis of such things.

Emperor Palpatine does look eerily like a catholic preist...

The argument is that morality is the problem, not the solution. Would we be better off ignoring questions of right and wrong that do not occur to us naturally?

The only way humans are going to cast away morality is if they evolve out of it. His argument is pretty much the same argument I made long ago. Morality is a memetic control mechanism. The conclusion I came to was at this stage of human evolution, it is still necessary. Moral institutions like religion favor procreation and the family unit because that ensures that they survive. Humans are not going to overcome the natural selection advantage of religion until they can develop a better secular system to compete against it, especially as long as moral institutions can use fear to motivate people to buy into their respective systems.

Last edited:
The only way humans are going to cast away morality is if they evolve out of it. His argument is pretty much the same argument I made long ago. Morality is a memetic control mechanism. The conclusion I came to was at this stage of human evolution, it is still necessary. Moral institutions like religion favor procreation and the family unit because that ensures that they survive. Humans are not going to overcome the natural selection advantage of religion until they can develop a better secular system to compete against it, especially as long as moral institutions can use fear to motivate people to buy into their respective systems.

Not to say moral institutions use fear to motivate people....
Heck; in Mogadishu you pick up an AK and fight or get killed sometimes, but that is not to say they use fear to motivate people. You said "can use" which is very broad.

Morality doesn't come from the scripture or philosophy, it comes from within, your morals are revealed in your interpretation of scripture.

wouldn't saying morality is evil be saying something similar to the colour black symbolically is evil? there is so many different interpretations of things.

Morality may come from the past as far as we know. Morality could be experience over time. How we view morality may come from within and may be shown in our actions/inactions. If our morals are revealed in one's interpretation of scriptures, what of those that do not read the scriptures? How are their morals revealed? Interpretation of scriptures comes from many avenues, some of which are not seen with the eyes.