Mine confusion...

Roger

Oct 7, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
-
hey everyone,

you all are familiar with one thing, if there is no pain then you will have no gain.

But today i am thinking on its reverse, totally different thing you can say. No gain in pain. If you are in pain, how can you get gain?

So tell me what is better?

No pain no gain

or

No gain in pain

As much as I avoid pain, I've found nothing is as educational. It forces me to pay attention.

As much as I avoid pain, I've found nothing is as educational. It forces me to pay attention.

how? how is it forcing to you? Could you simplify this for me? Sorry, got confused slightly on your opinion.

In pain you can always gain, at least the ability to tolerate the pain just a little better.

That is so true. Any source of pain can be a learning experience, depending on a person's true willingness to learn from it.

In pain you can always gain, at least the ability to tolerate the pain just a little better.

I agree.

I want to believe no gain in pain, but I'm a lazy motherfucker.

The simple saying in itself directly means little, but it does get at the idea that loss of what is comfortable and/or easy is very commonly a means of new growth, new exploration, new awareness. Consider the act of pruning a tree....getting rid of unhealthy portions (even though they are part of the tree) means a much healthier tree. In the same way, we often are invited to changes in our lives that are hard at first, but in the end they are a means of making room/space in our lives...room for inner quiet, for clarity, for simplicity.

I would never encourage anyone to seek out pain...some pain is wholly destructive in nature and should be avoided. However, other kinds of pain....one might almost say discomfort, loss of the norm....one can work with, understand, and grow through. Life presents plenty of this latter form of pain...no need to look for it.

As it is, the little saying refers to the act of exercising. It is work. We push ourselves. However, this stretching past our current physical limits is a means of becoming stonger, with better tone, more athletic. It is a simple analogy that can be applied to other types of growth.

Reactions: Roger
I would never encourage anyone to seek out pain...some pain is wholly destructive in nature and should be avoided. However, other kinds of pain....one might almost say discomfort, loss of the norm....one can work with, understand, and grow through. Life presents plenty of this latter form of pain...no need to look for it.

That's most important thing. We miss this things, so thank you very much to share with us.

I was expecting landmines.

I am dissapoint

Pain is no great teacher compared to love, what men endure for love. Love gives man the ability to endure when no other emotion is powerfull, Pain can only teach you to avoid pain as impossible as it may be, love teaches you to endure it.