Merkabah | Page 430 | INFJ Forum
I think we're on the same page. I enjoy some of the folklore but I don't see national treasure level secret plots. I did stumble on bohemian grove which sounds like an elitest frat party that's been kept alive for way way way longer than it should have been.

Yeah, I’ve seen the sign nearby here at the local grange stating they are looking for “new members” and have thought it might be curious to check out and learn the “secrets” of....but it really doesn’t seem worth the time and social effort it seems like it would also take to get to some vague secrets that seem like they would most likely be anticlimactic and end up with me taking off the initiate blindfold and stomping out yelling, “I waited 6 months for that! Fuck off!”
lmao

I always walk away from one of your blog posts a little more enlightened. This is fantastic stuff.

I always walk away from one of your blog posts a little more enlightened. This is fantastic stuff.
That’s a very kind compliment, thank you most graciously!
:<3white:

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 7.59.25 AM.png

“Hurt people hurt people.
Healed people heal people.”
I first heard this maxim at some point in the past year, and it stuck.
I don’t know where it originated, but I think it contains profound truth.

Let’s put this aphorism under the microscope to explore its deep wisdom.

Hurt people hurt people.
What does this mean?
It means that hurtful people, in almost every case, are carrying deep pain.

At some point in their lives, they were on the receiving end of a lot of hurt.

Art-painting.png

When we’re wounded deeply, especially as children, we often develop dysfunctional behaviors to cope with our trauma.
Sadly, traumatized people often reenact the same patterns that were played out by those who hurt them in the first place.

This is why traumas often become multi-generational: When your father was an alcoholic abuser, you’re much more likely to enact that pattern yourself, pass it on to your kids, and on and on.

It’s fascinating that those who receive a lot of hurt in life often turn around and give the same type of hurt to others.

One might wonder, “Wouldn’t such people be more likely to understand how shitty it was to be hurt in that way and therefore more determined to avoid enacting the same behavior?”

Sometimes, but it’s not as easy as simply being determined.
When we’re hurt very deeply, the pain sinks into our deep being—into our hearts, our bodies, our cellular memory.

On a deep, often unconscious level, our top priority becomes avoiding feeling that pain again.
This often massively shapes our behavior in ways that are difficult to control.

For instance, if someone is bullied as a child and made to feel powerless, that person might themselves develop bullying tendencies, as a kind of “pre-emptive strike” tactic: That is, the person will subtly bully and assert dominance over those around them to always ensure that they have an upper hand—”I’ll get them before they get me,” the wounded child in the unconscious thinks.

There can also be a warped sense of ‘justice’ on an unconscious level.
A person might consciously wish to avoid reenacting the hurtful behaviors that were inflicted upon them, but unconsciously they might feel resentful and think, “This happened to me, I had to deal with this, so other people should have to deal with this too.”

And then without realizing it, they subtly reenact the behaviors they wish to avoid.

A final example: If someone receives inadequate attention and emotional support from a parent of the opposite sex while growing up, that person might become compulsively needy for attention and validation from the opposite sex, attempting to compensate for the void left by the parent’s insufficiencies.

This neediness might lead to recklessly engaging in dysfunctional sexual or romantic relationships, developing codependencies, or overreacting to perceived inattentiveness.

Through this process the ‘hurt’ person will often further hurt themselves and others.

So the lesson here is that human behavior is complex and often has powerful roots in unconscious trauma, making it difficult to simply choose not to act in a particular way.

And those who inflict terrible pain were once almost surely recipients of the same.

“If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man’s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility,” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote.

In a similar vein, the Tibetain Buddhist teacher Mingyur Rinpoche has said, “If we could see the whole truth of any situation, our only response would be one of compassion.”

Hurt people hurt people.
This little mantra can help us remember to imagine the “secret history” and “whole truth” behind hurtful actions.

The realization that “Hurt people hurt people” births deeper understanding and compassion for ourselves and others.

Because truth be told, we’re all hurt.
We’re all traumatized, to varying degrees.

We often associate “trauma” with only the most extreme instances of abuse, but this is a misleading conception: Deep wounding can occur from something as commonplace as being chosen last for a team during an early-childhood dodgeball game, or asking your crush to prom and getting turned down.

Life hurts.
Life is hard.

When we see that we’re all wounded and often unconsciously hurting each other as a result of our wounds, we can discover a certain tenderness for our human predicament.

Behind the eyes of supposed monsters we can find wounded children: scared, fragile, trying to avoid pain.

And we can have more compassion for ourselves when we make mistakes.
We can notice when we slip up and cause harm, and instead of crucifying ourselves or denying that it happened, we can get curious about it.

We can feel into the energies and emotions that underlie our behavior; we can look at these parts of ourselves that are often hard to look at—what Pema Chödrön calls “the places that scare you“—with gentleness, inquisitiveness, and compassion.

Often we will find that we acted out of fear—fear caused by prior wounds—and we can then discover a tenderness for the wounded child (or adult) within us who is afraid and acting out.

Furthermore, we can sit with this fear and the feelings of pain beneath it; we can look at these feelings calmly, in the light of relaxed, open, non-judgmental awareness.

This is quite difficult to do, but often when we do this we find that the pain and fear begin to dissolve.
Through this meditative process we become more aware of our emotions and behaviors and less likely to act unconsciously.

If we like, we can also seek out other means of healing and releasing our traumas: Psychotherapy, self-authoring, plant medicine work, creating art, breathwork, meditation, time in nature, ecstatic dance, inner child work, and other modalities are all powerful avenues through which we can begin to heal ourselves and release our burdens.

I have worked with most all of these modalities and found great value in them.
I’ve also found tremendous value in simply learning to be the “witness” of my own mind and my own behaviors.

By observing myself non-judgmentally, I’ve been able to bring many of my unconscious patterns into the light of awareness, and I have found that this alone tends to initiate a process of healing unconscious wounds and gradually letting go of behaviors that are not serving me.

Awareness is immensely powerful.

Healed people heal people.
The second part of the maxim is, “Healed people heal people.”

Now, as I’ve just said, we are all hurt.
We are all traumatized.

I’m not sure anyone in the world is utterly and completely and irrevocably healed, and given the difficult nature of life, new wounds and traumas are likely to occur as the years roll on.

This is perfectly okay.

It also seems true, though, that at any given time the humans on this planet exist on a wide spectrum in terms of the extent to which they are hurt VS healed.

While some “lost souls” are utterly contorted by pain and living in a state of near-total unconsciousness, others have attained remarkably luminous states of being: uncommon degrees of wholeness, enlightenment, embodied awareness, self-realization.

I have met beings in this world who seemed to me to be nearing ‘ascended master’ or ‘bodhisattva‘ status.

hurt-people-hurt-people-healed-people-heal-people-spectrum-709x236.png

So humans exist on a wide spectrum, and some are much farther along the upward-spiraling path than others.
This is not intended as a judgment of anyone, and I am not saying that anyone is inherently better or more valuable than anyone else.

Yet there does seem to be an upward-spiraling path of human development, and as you progress along this path—as you heal yourself and increase awareness—you increasingly become a healing presence in the world.

“The shaman is not merely a sick man, or a madman; he is a sick man who has healed himself,” Terence McKenna once said.

shamanic-healing-wisdom-3.png

So the archetypal medicine (wo)man, or wise healer, according to McKenna, is a person who was once sick—and therefore knows what it is to be sick—but who has healed themselves.

Having healed themselves, they are then able to assist in the healing of others.

Similarly, as we heal and release our traumas, and as we gain awareness of our patterns of thought, emotion, and behavior, we act less and less from a place of unconsciousness, and thus we cause less and less harm.

As we gradually penetrate through our many layers of ego, persona, defense mechanisms, conditioning, and indoctrination, we begin to get in touch with our center: Unconditional love, the light of pure consciousness, the infinite wellspring of creative potential at the center of Being.

When we are in touch with this center and allowing it to flow through us and animate us—when our actions arise organically from this deep soul-level place—everything we do becomes increasingly infused with love, peace, joy, and creativity.

We cease to force things, trusting ourselves to the flow of life, acting from a pure place, and loosening the grip of our expectations and attachments to particular outcomes.

We surrender to the River of Being, and paradoxically, in surrendering—in letting go of control—we blossom into fuller and more honest expressions of ourselves.

As this process unfolds, we heal ourselves further, and our presence begins to heal others.
Our way of being disarms people’s defenses and plants seeds within their minds that will sprout organically into a yearning to investigate their own experience more deeply.

Without needing to speak explicitly about our process, we become akin to beacons signaling the truth that a different way of being is possible, magnetizing others who are ready for change.

“Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn’t possess,
acts but doesn’t expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.”

— Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching, ~550BC

By simply radiating kindness and love, we are engaging in an act of deep service, contributing to the healing of humanity and of the planet, initiating ripple effects that extend beyond what we might imagine.

It may sound cliche, but love truly is the most powerful healing force in the world.

Simply spending time with people who listen carefully and non-judgmentally—who truly endeavor to see and understand the heart of anotheris immensely healing for human beings.

“Love, love, love! That’s all you have to know to be a healer,” wrote the visionary Mary Baker Eddy.

And in the early 20th century, unheeded by most of his profession, Scottish psychiatrist Ian Suttie concluded that, “The physician’s love heals the patient.”

Throughout history many have left breadcrumbs pointing to the truth of the astounding healing power of love and compassion.

And it’s key to realize that we become increasingly capable of acting from a place of love as we heal ourselves and increase our awareness.
Only a person who is truly centered and clear within themselves can consistently meet the unconscious and hurtful words and behaviors of others with unwavering kindness and compassion.

This is akin to a superpower.

But again, we don’t have to be Jesus or the Buddha in order to become a healing presence in the world.
I imagine there’s a certain threshold on the ‘hurt VS healed’ spectrum after which the net effect of one’s existence is to heal more than hurt; we might refer to this threshold as our “minimum-viable healing presence.” ; )

hurt-people-hurt-people-healed-people-heal-people-spectrum-hitler-buddha-709x236.png

Half-jokes aside, I imagine by now the point is abundantly clear: The more you heal yourself, the more your presence will heal others.

Let People Be Where They Are
Hurt people hurt people.
Healed people heal people.

Within these eight words lies tremendous perspective.
I hope I’ve now illuminated a portion of the vast wisdom contained in this phrase.

Wherever these words find you, know that it’s perfectly okay to be wherever you are right now.
It’s also perfectly okay for other people to be exactly where they are right now.

As it says in The Kybalion, “We are all on The Path—and the road leads upward ever, with frequent resting places.”

I would add that in addition to frequent resting places, there are also intermittent detours, backtracks, regressions.
It’s a trip, man.

The Path is winding, yet we do seem gradually to find our way upward.
Life and Being seem to have an inborn drive to evolve—to move in the direction of greater complexity, novelty, capacity, sophistication, and perhaps even understanding, wisdom, and love.

The Path is long, though.
We have to be patient with ourselves and others.

A vital lesson I’ve learned is that we must let people be where they are.
People will not change or heal until they decide to initiate the process; the motivation has to come from within.

All we can do is endeavor to heal ourselves and increase our own awareness, so that we might become clearer mirrors, better able to reflect the truth of situations.

As we do this, we will naturally plant seeds and leave breadcrumbs wherever we go—and these clues, if we’re lucky, will lead others toward healing and liberation.

Note, though, that hints are often best dispensed subtly or indirectly; you will not get far trying to force-feed “wisdom” to people.

Remain Humble and Uncover Your Own Shadow
And in all things remain humble, forever aware of humanity’s limitless capacity for self-delusion.
Often the beings most convinced of their own Light carry the densest Shadows.

Never forget this.

“He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster,” as Nietzsche so deliciously put it.
Or take Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s wise appraisal of the line between good and evil (I like to imagine him saying this in a sudden outburst among polite company at a dinner party):

“If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?”

Really though, this is damn stirring food for thought.
Lest we get the idea that we’re simply Beings of Light or Totally Irrevocably Healed or something, Solzhenitsyn is like, “Fools! Remain forever vigilant, for the shadows you perceive outside yourselves exist within your very hearts!”

This is a humbling and unsettling dose of truth.

carl-jung-shadow-projection-unconscious-enlightenment.jpg

Perhaps the solution is not to destroy a piece of our hearts, but rather to see that “good” and “evil” correspond closely with “healed” and “hurt.”
Perhaps the solution is to bring the hurt, shadowy parts of ourselves into the light of awareness—to accept, integrate, and love these wounded pieces of ourselves, thereby neutralizing, healing, or transmuting them.

Jung’s words come to mind:

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”

And Rilke’s:

“Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”

That’s the good stuff.

Once more, it’s crucial to remain humble, recognizing that the path toward healing, wholeness, and enlightenment is never-ending.
There is always more to discover.

Best wishes on the winding Path.
May you grow with the flow and find countless auspicious blessings and surprises.

And have plenty of fun in the process.

I wish you gentleness, compassion, and curiosity toward yourself and others.

:<3white:

You may have to sign in and confirm your age on this one to view it due to the graphic accounts and images (be warned).
The ideas and cases presented are truly enigmatic.
Enjoy!

Reincarnation and the Holocaust
(A Documentary by Dr Keith Parsons 2019)

Even though World War 2 ended over 70 years ago, a legacy still remains of the pain caused by
Germany’s policy of creating concentration camps that were involved in eliminating five to six million
Jews from the face of the Earth, along with many more other minorities.

There are still a few survivors of the Nazi concentration camps who are now very old and some are still
suffering from what happened to them and their families back then.

But in addition, there are people born since the war ended,
who themselves are harbouring and suffering from memories of being a participant in the Holocaust.
How can this be?
Does this amount to evidence for Reincarnation?

This video by Dr Keith Parsons examines some of the hundreds of such cases that have been reported in the literature.

More “proof” that reality is mostly made up.
Enjoy!

Physics Is Pointing Inexorably to Mind
So-called “information realism” has some surprising implications

FE946D19-DD8A-4F50-968B5E142460AFCE_source.jpg

In his 2014 book, Our Mathematical Universe, physicist Max Tegmark boldly claims that “protons, atoms, molecules, cells and stars” are all redundant “baggage.”

Only the mathematical apparatus used to describe the behavior of matter is supposedly real, not matter itself.
For Tegmark, the universe is a “set of abstract entities with relations between them,” which “can be described in a baggage-independent way”—i.e., without matter.

He attributes existence solely to descriptions, while incongruously denying the very thing that is described in the first place.
Matter is done away with and only information itself is taken to be ultimately real.

This abstract notion, called information realism is philosophical in character, but it has been associated with physics from its very inception.
Most famously, information realism is a popular philosophical underpinning for digital physics.

The motivation for this association is not hard to fathom.

Indeed, according to the Greek atomists, if we kept on dividing things into ever-smaller bits, at the end there would remain solid, indivisible particles called atoms, imagined to be so concrete as to have even particular shapes.

Yet, as our understanding of physics progressed, we’ve realized that atoms themselves can be further divided into smaller bits, and those into yet smaller ones, and so on, until what is left lacks shape and solidity altogether.

At the bottom of the chain of physical reduction there are only elusive, phantasmal entities we label as “energy” and “fields”—abstract conceptual tools for describing nature, which themselves seem to lack any real, concrete essence.

To some physicists, this indicates that what we call “matter,” with its solidity and concreteness—is an illusion; that only the mathematical apparatus they devise in their theories is truly real, not the perceived world the apparatus was created to describe in the first place.

From their point of view, such a counterintuitive conclusion is an implication of theory, not a conspicuously narcissistic and self-defeating proposition.

Indeed, according to information realists, matter arises from information processing, not the other way around.
Even mind—psyche, soul—is supposedly a derivative phenomenon of purely abstract information manipulation.

But in such a case, what exactly is meant by the word “information,” since there is no physical or mental substrate to ground it?

You see, it is one thing to state in language that information is primary and can, therefore, exist independently of mind and matter.
But it is another thing entirely to explicitly and coherently conceive of what—if anything—this may mean.

By way of analogy, it is possible to write—as Lewis Carroll did—that the Cheshire Cat’s grin remains after the cat disappears, but it is another thing entirely to conceive explicitly and coherently of what this means.

Our intuitive understanding of the concept of information—as cogently captured by Claude Shannon in 1948—is that it is merely a measure of the number of possible states of an independently existing system.

As such, information is a property of an underlying substrate associated with the substrate’s possible configurations—not an entity unto itself.

To say that information exists in and of itself is akin to speaking of spin without the top, of ripples without water, of a dance without the dancer, or of the Cheshire Cat’s grin without the cat.

It is a grammatically valid statement devoid of sense; a word game less meaningful than fantasy, for internally consistent fantasy can at least be explicitly and coherently conceived of as such.

One assumes that serious proponents of information realism are well aware of this line of criticism.
How do they then reconcile their position with it?

A passage by Luciano Floridi may provide a clue.
In a section titled “The nature of information,” he states:

“Information is notoriously a polymorphic phenomenon and a polysemantic concept so, as an explicandum, it can be associated with several explanations, depending on the level of abstraction adopted and the cluster of requirements and desiderata orientating a theory.... Information remains an elusive concept.” (Emphasis added.)

Such obscure ambiguity lends information realism a conceptual fluidity that makes it unfalsifiable.
After all, if the choice of primitive is given by “an elusive concept,” how can one definitely establish that it is wrong?

In admitting the possibility that information may be “a network of logically interdependent but mutually irreducible concepts,” Floridi seems to suggest even that such elusiveness is inherent and unresolvable.

Whereas vagueness may be defensible in regard to natural entities conceivably beyond the human ability to apprehend, it is difficult to justify when it comes to a human concept, such as information.

We invented the concept, so we either specify clearly what we mean by it or our conceptualization remains too vague to be meaningful.
In the latter case, there is literally no sense in attributing primary existence to information.

The untenability of information realism, however, does not erase the problem that motivated it to begin with: the realization that, at bottom, what we call “matter” becomes pure abstraction, a phantasm.

How can the felt concreteness and solidity of the perceived world evaporate out of existence when we look closely at matter?

To make sense of this conundrum, we don’t need the word games of information realism.
Instead, we must stick to what is most immediately present to us: solidity and concreteness are qualities of our experience.

The world measured, modeled and ultimately predicted by physics is the world of perceptions, a category of mentation.
The phantasms and abstractions reside merely in our descriptions of the behavior of that world, not in the world itself.

Where we get lost and confused is in imagining that what we are describing is a non-mental reality underlying our perceptions, as opposed to the perceptions themselves.

We then try to find the solidity and concreteness of the perceived world in that postulated underlying reality.
However, a non-mental world is inevitably abstract.

And since solidity and concreteness are felt qualities of experience—what else?—we cannot find them there.
The problem we face is thus merely an artifact of thought, something we conjure up out of thin air because of our theoretical habits and prejudices.

Tegmark is correct in considering matter—defined as something outside and independent of mind—to be unnecessary baggage.
But the implication of this fine and indeed brave conclusion is that the universe is a mental construct displayed on the screen of perception.

Tegmark’s “mathematical universe” is inherently a mental one, for where does mathematics—numbers, sets, equations—exist if not in mentation?

As I elaborate extensively in my new book, The Idea of the World, none of this implies solipsism.
The mental universe exists in mind but not in your personal mind alone.

Instead, it is a transpersonal field of mentation that presents itself to us as physicality—with its concreteness, solidity and definiteness—once our personal mental processes interact with it through observation.

This mental universe is what physics is leading us to, not the hand-waving word games of information realism.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Bernardo Kastrup

Bernardo Kastrup has a Ph.D. in computer engineering from Eindhoven University of Technology and specializations in artificial intelligence and reconfigurable computing.
He has worked as a scientist in some of the world's foremost research laboratories, including the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the Philips Research Laboratories.
Bernardo has authored many academic papers and books on philosophy and science.
His most recent book is "The Idea of the World: A multi-disciplinary argument for the mental nature of reality," based on rigorous analytic argument and empirical evidence.
For more information, freely downloadable papers, videos, etc., please visit www.bernardokastrup.com.

Hahahaha...that’s the idea though...I guess it would take quite a few (million) reincarnations to get back to an even keel sort of status even with this guy....still, there is a pool of thought that being responsible for such horrific things as Hitler was, or a serial killer, etc...that their “soul” does not get to reincarnate but is snuffed out by the universe somehow.
Though, there is the question of mental illness...not as much with Hitler though he was a drug addict and definitely not right in the head...but more so with certain serial killers who are undoubtedly mentally ill and can’t really be held 100% responsible for the actions they took perhaps?
Also there is the idea that certain people play some sort of predestined role of evil in order for some other “good” action or point of view to be realized...this is being twisted and used even as we speak by so-called “Christians” (not Christians), who say God put Trump in the WH to act as the bringer of some ultimately good and Godly change and they are likening him to a modern day King Cyrus - which I have to say is almost the most fucking retarded argument for being a total hypocrite, non-Christlike, racist, sexist, evil, douche one could cook up while drunk and stupid.
At some point people have to take some personal responsibility...that is exactly part of why climate change is also denied...because God is going to magically fix the Earth somehow, or the Apocalypse will fix it...who do you think Trump was trying to appease by moving the Embassy in Jerusalem?
His crazy evangelical right wing base who can’t wait for the end to get here...they’ve got hard-on's for it.
Anyhow...I have no doubt that there exist the opposite of a Hitler as the quote suggests...where they are is a good question?
It’s almost a shame that in order to exist in that way of being, something like being President would not be pursued by such a person.
It’s exactly that type of person who we need.

Hahahaha...that’s the idea though...I guess it would take quite a few (million) reincarnations to get back to an even keel sort of status even with this guy....still, there is a pool of thought that being responsible for such horrific things as Hitler was, or a serial killer, etc...that their “soul” does not get to reincarnate but is snuffed out by the universe somehow.
Though, there is the question of mental illness...not as much with Hitler though he was a drug addict and definitely not right in the head...but more so with certain serial killers who are undoubtedly mentally ill and can’t really be held 100% responsible for the actions they took perhaps?
Also there is the idea that certain people play some sort of predestined role of evil in order for some other “good” action or point of view to be realized...this is being twisted and used even as we speak by so-called “Christians” (not Christians), who say God put Trump in the WH to act as the bringer of some ultimately good and Godly change and they are likening him to a modern day King Cyrus - which I have to say is almost the most fucking retarded argument for being a total hypocrite, non-Christlike, racist, sexist, evil, douche one could cook up while drunk and stupid.
At some point people have to take some personal responsibility...that is exactly part of why climate change is also denied...because God is going to magically fix the Earth somehow, or the Apocalypse will fix it...who do you think Trump was trying to appease by moving the Embassy in Jerusalem?
His crazy evangelical right wing base who can’t wait for the end to get here...they’ve got hard-on's for it.
Anyhow...I have no doubt that there exist the opposite of a Hitler as the quote suggests...where they are is a good question?
It’s almost a shame that in order to exist in that way of being, something like being President would not be pursued by such a person.
It’s exactly that type of person who we need.
It’s weird thinking about the people who precipitated great evil on a global scale. I find it hard to judge Hitler without setting him into the river of collective accountabilities he participated in. How far were the allies at the end of WW1responsible for the political settlement that resulted in Hitler’s Germany? Similarly he’d have got nowhere if there weren’t millions of people who willingly followed him. It’s the same with many political leaders - Trump wouldn’t be in the WH if there weren’t millions of Americans who put him there.
That doesn’t take the personal culpability away from these leaders, but it’s not theirs alone, it lies in the hearts of millions of their contemporaries who give them the power they wield.
The other strange thing about these people is harder for me to express. One way to put it is that I and millions of other people would not exist without Hitler. The history of my mother and father would have been totally different without his impact on the world and they would not have met. That is probably true for a very large number of people and their descendants in the world today. It’s weird because I do wish Hitler had never troubled the world - but this wish would result in my non-existence if it could come true.

Last edited:
It’s weird thinking about the people who precipitated great evil on a global scale. I find it hard to judge Hitler without setting him into river of collective accountabilities he participated in. How far were the allies at the end of WW1responsible for the political settlement that resulted in Hitler’s Germany? Similarly he’d have got nowhere if there weren’t millions of people who willingly followed him. It’s the same with many political leaders - Trump wouldn’t be in the WH if there weren’t millions of Americans who put him there.
That doesn’t take the personal culpability away from these leaders, but it’s not theirs alone, it lies in the hearts of millions of their contemporaries who give them the power they wield.
The other strange thing about these people is harder for me to express. One way to put it is that I and millions of other people would not exist without Hitler. The history of my mother and father would have been totally different without his impact on the world and they would not have met. That is probably true for a very large number of people and their descendants in the world today. It’s weird because I do wish Hitler had never troubled the world - but this wish would result in my non-existence if it could come true.

Of course one can not predict what would have happened had Hitler never come to power or did not exist at all.
My own Grandparents for example, met in the war, so by all logic I would probably not exist in this form or at all if not for the way things were.
Yes...it took millions of people supporting their evil...and that is the most frightening thing of all.
The willingness of people to be sheep and then using that excuse to justify the breaking of their own moral codes/standards when it favors them in some way.
Again...there is so little personal accountability it seems especially at this present moment in our society...it’s almost a social disease.
Our capitalist society that is out of control does nothing but encourage such bad behavior - such as the college admissions BS and well, the fact that Trump lies daily and people believe him still after all this time...*sigh*.
Did you hear his latest whopper?
He actually said that windmills give you cancer.
LMAO.
What a fucktard.
I bet his spray-tan is probably super carcinogenic...my God, the sheer idiocy and blatant conflicts of interest as he has done nothing but enrich himself and his businesses.
Ugh.
Okay...off topic...sort of.

We can’t say for sure that we would not still exist in some form, either mostly the same or maybe a totally different body and family altogether?
Clint Eastwood did once eat dinner with my Mom sitting on his lap, so I may have had that SOB for a dad in an alternate reality somewhere hahaha.
It’s all so subjective John...I mean...at this point it is very difficult for me to rule much out...except for a few things.
I’m still not 100% sure I’m not in a padded room wearing a straitjacket drooling and banging my head against the wall while I imagine this life I think I’m living now, lol. ;)
Take care!

Last edited:
56298392_548603815546893_3803980765163683840_n.jpg

"God and immortality, the central dogmas of the Christian religion, find no support in science.
It cannot be said that either doctrine is essential to religion, since neither is found in Buddhism.
(With regard to immortality,
this statement in an unqualified form might be misleading, but it is correct in the last analysis.)
But we in the West have come to think of them as the irreducible minimum of theology.
No doubt people will continue to entertain these beliefs,
because they are pleasant, just as it is pleasant to think ourselves virtuous and our enemies wicked.
But for my part I cannot see any ground for either."

Bertrand Russell, What I Believe (1925)

GhostTown-MT-ben-9179.jpg

“The terms we use for what is considered supernatural are woefully inadequate.
Beyond such terms as ghost, specter, poltergeist, angel, devil, or spirit,
might there not be something more our purposeful blindness has prevented us from understanding?
We accept the fact that there may be other worlds out in space, but might there not be other worlds here?
Other worlds, in other dimensions, coexistent with this?
If there are other worlds parallel to ours, are all the doors closed?
Or does one, here or there, stand ajar?”

― Louis L'Amour, The Haunted Mesa

il_570xN.1208412415_d36s.jpg

“The living often don’t appreciate how complicated the world looks when you are dead,
because while death frees the mind from the straitjacket of three dimensions it also cuts it away from Time,
which is only another dimension.
So while the cat that rubbed up against his invisible legs was
undoubtedly the same cat that he had seen a few minutes before,
it was also quite clearly a tiny kitten and a fat,
half-blind old moggy and every stage in between.
All at once.
Since it had started off small it looked like a white, catshaped carrot,
a description that will have to do until people invent proper four-dimensional adjectives.”

― Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

We can’t say for sure that we would not still exist is some form, either mostly the same or maybe a totally different body and family altogether?
Clint Eastwood did once eat dinner with my Mom sitting on his lap, so I may have had that SOB for a dad in an alternate reality somewhere hahaha.
It’s all so subjective John...I mean...at this point it is very difficult for me to rule much out...except for a few things.
I’m still not 100% sure I’m not in a padded room wearing a straitjacket drooling and banging my head against the wall while I imagine this life I think I’m living now, lol. ;)
Take care!

Actually, I think this is the real truth of the matter. I'm not one to believe that our identity is tied to our bodies. You are dead right, if it was our time to be here in this world, we would have been born regardless - we would just have had different parents if necessary.

Well if you are in a padded room, I'm sure I'm in the one next to you lol.

Since it had started off small it looked like a white, catshaped carrot,
a description that will have to do until people invent proper four-dimensional adjectives.”

I :<3green:this concept ..... :sunglasses:

Take care Skare.

This is awfully cool.
Enjoy!

'Groundbreaking Result' Coming from
Black-Hole Hunting Event Horizon Telescope Next Week

The Event Horizon Telescope team has a big announcement on April 10.

(Story Link)

kzvPVZRzUkxWwLSKKdSNmZ-970-80.jpg

A computer-simulation view of a supermassive black hole at the heart of a galaxy.
The edge of the black central region represents the event horizon, beyond which no light can escape.
(Image: © NASA, ESA, and D. Coe, J. Anderson, and R. van der Marel (STScI))

We may be about to get an epic and unprecedented look at a black hole.

The Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) project, an international effort that aims to capture the first-ever image of a black hole, will announce a "groundbreaking result" at a news conference next week, team members said Monday (April 1).

The briefing, which will be hosted jointly by the EHT project and the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), takes place next Wednesday (April 10) at 9 a.m. EDT (1300 GMT) at The National Press Club in Washington, D.C. (NSF helps fund the EHT.)

And you can watch the big news unfold: The event will be streamed live.

NSF Director France Córdova will speak at the news conference, as will the following panelists, according to an NSF media advisory:

• Sheperd Doeleman, EHT director, Harvard University senior research fellow, Center for Astrophysics at Harvard and Smithsonian.
  • Daniel Marrone, University of Arizona Department of Astronomy and the Steward Observatory.
  • Avery Broderick, University of Waterloo Department of Physics and Astronomy, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
  • Sera Markoff, University of Amsterdam, Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy, Gravitation and AstroParticle Physics Amsterdam.
Related press conferences will also occur simultaneously in Brussels; Santiago, Chile; Shanghai; Taipei, Taiwan; and Tokyo, according to the NSF advisory.
The speakers at these various events include some heavy hitters, such as Carlos Moedas, the European commissioner for research, science and innovation; James Liao, president of the Academia Sinica; European Southern Observatory Director General Xavier Barcons; and Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array Director Sean Dougherty.

The advisory doesn't state what the April 10 announcement will be, but the above information suggests it's a pretty big deal.

If you want to try to connect some dots, here's some basic information about the EHT.
The project links up radio dishes around the globe, creating a virtual telescope about the size of Earth.

The goal is to generate enough magnifying power to image the area around a black hole, especially its event horizon — the point beyond which nothing, not even light, can escape. (Directly imaging the black hole itself — the part inside the event horizon — from our perspective is, of course, impossible; there are no photons from that exotic realm to catch.)

"This capability would open a new window on the study of general relativity in the strong field regime, accretion and outflow processes at the edge of a black hole, the existence of event horizons, and fundamental black-hole physics," the EHT team wrote in a project description.

"Over the coming years, the international EHT team will mount observing campaigns of increasing resolving power and sensitivity, aiming to bring black holes into focus," the team added.

The EHT project focuses on the two supermassive black holes that have the largest apparent event horizons, as seen from Earth: the one at the heart of our own Milky Way galaxy, known as Sagittarius A*, and the monster that anchors the giant elliptical galaxy M87.

A classic topic for this thread!
Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.59.23 PM.png

Does consciousness survive the physical death of the body?
That is perhaps the fundamental question of human existence, and one which modern orthodox science would answer with a resounding “no”.

But there are numerous tantalising pieces of evidence that suggest that perhaps our consciousness does live on.
One of those lines of evidence concerns multiple reports of what is known as ‘veridical perception’ during a near-death experience – cases where someone who was ostensibly dead, reported (after being resuscitated) that they viewed the scene from outside their body, and could confirm certain details about that scene.

The evidence in this area was so significant, in fact, that it inspired a genuine medical study, led by Dr Sam Parnia, to test whether patients who survived a cardiac arrest would report hidden ‘targets’ placed above the patient’s physical vantage point in the resuscitation room.

I wrote about Sam Parnia and his ‘AWARE’ study in my book Stop Worrying, There Probably is an Afterlife, and you can read the relevant excerpt right here.

The results, in short, were underwhelming – though largely because of the vast amount of patients in the study died before being able to report on their experience.

Undeterred, Sam Parnia used his experience with the AWARE study to mount a subsequent, related research project, named AWARE II.
That study is currently underway, with an anticipated end date of September 2020.

But late last year Parnia did give an update on the study to his medical peers, at the conference ‘Resuscitation 2018 – Back to the Future’.
His 25 minute presentation, “Conscious Awareness, Mental and Cognitive Experiences During Cardiac Arrest”, has happily found its way online and can be viewed on YouTube (embedded below for your convenience).

The first half of the talk is largely concerned with describing the topic of near-death experiences to an academic and/or medical audience that perhaps isn’t used to seeing presentations on these sorts of topics:

I’m going to talk about something that I think is very important with respect to cardiac arrest resuscitation, but it’s hardly ever spoken about.
In fact you may have heard about it more in media coverage than we do in symposia like this.

So I’m delighted to be able to present some information on essentially conscious awareness, mental and cognitive experiences during cardiac arrest.

Parnia has always been careful to frame his near-death experience research within the bounds of orthodox medical research, and in the talk he frames the study not just as trying to figure out what these strange experiences are, but also what it might reveal about what’s happening in the brain during resuscitation, and how that might effect post-resuscitation outcomes related to possible brain damage, and also psychopathologies such as depression and PTSD.

He notes that, due to advances in medical science, we now have “a fairly large window of time in which we can bring people back after they’ve essentially reached the threshold of death.”

As a result, while some people come back after a long period of time with no problem, “others come back with brain damage”.

But while one side of the research is to understand “the processes that occur after the heart has stopped…the flipside of that is that, whether we like it or not, we are essentially studying what happens to the human mind and consciousness when people have gone beyond the threshold of death.” – that is, the ‘near-death experience’.

But, says Parnia, “this is a term that I don’t like to use, but I will because people may have heard about it. It’s inaccurate because the patients that we study have technically gone beyond the threshold of death.”

Parnia then provides some examples to his audience to show that the core features of NDEs are, bizarrely, very similar regardless of age or culture (“while the interpretation might be based upon your cultural background, essentially the core features are similar.”)

For instance, he relates the NDE of a 3-year-old child he interviewed who suffered cardiac arrest and was resuscitated for 25 minutes.
“He recalled watching doctors and nurses working on him, and he told his parents that when you die you see a bright lamp, and you are connected to it by a cord.” (Unfortunately, he skips the video of the interview due to time constraints!)

He also quotes one NDErs description of the ‘life review’ and ‘judgement’ aspect of the experience: “Then I began a review of my life, of the key moments of my life. But at the same time I was re-experiencing it from the other people’s points of view and that was a stunner because you feel their pain, you feel the sting, you feel the hurt.”

He finishes this first half of his presentation by outlining the theories that have been suggested to explain away the NDE, along with their limitations.

In the second half of his presentation Parnia moves on to describing his initial AWARE study, followed by details of the (currently underway) AWARE II.

He begins by noting the problem they faced with the initial study was that most people die from cardiac arrest (84%).
All the same, he says, “we did get one or two cases of people who were describing events from their cardiac arrest, which appear to be corresponding to the period when their brain was shut down. Which was really a paradox, we didn’t expect to get that.”

The AWARE results led he and his team to try and understand more about what happens to the brain and consciousness, and also to then develop a new line of research.

Thus the AWARE II study was born, with a targeted recruitment of 1500 adult, in-hospital, cardiac arrest patients.

This time however, the study includes explicit monitoring of the brain and oxygen levels of cardiac arrest patients via Cerebral Oximetry and Portable EEG respectively.

“We’re trying to get a marker of how the relationship of brain resuscitation will interact with consciousness as well as survival and neurological outcomes,” Parnia points out. But along with that, they are also monitoring patients’ ability to detect audio-visual sensations during their cardiac arrest:

We have a backpack, we have a team, they are on call with a pager, when a cardiac arrest goes off they take the backpack with them to the scene of cardiac arrest…we have a number of pieces of equipment [including] an iPad or tablet that gives off independent audio-visual stimuli that are transmitted to the patient through a wireless headphone, and we can then look at survivors and see if they can recall any of these stimuli and when they were able to perceive information and how that related to their brain resuscitation quality.

However, when it comes to giving an update on how the study is going so far, Parnia notes that the data so far is “disappointing, in some ways”, because of – once again, like the first AWARE study – “the problem of survival of cardiac arrest”.

He runs through the numbers: of 3668 cardiac arrests so far, 2266 of them were out of the working hours of his teams.
Of the 1402 patients who had cardiac arrest during working hours, only 371 of them were able to be recruited (that is, they were resuscitated before the team arrived, or the team was not notified of the cardiac arrest, etc.).

Of those 371 patient who were ‘recruited’, 200 died during resuscitation, and of the remaining 171, 133 died afterward in hospital.
This left just 38 patients, from 3668 cardiac arrests in total, who were able to be interviewed (roughly 10% of the recruited patients, 1% of all cardiac arrests).

However, while Parnia was unable to share results at this time, he did note that from those 38 recruited patients who survived, “what we have identified is that you have an array of experiences – some patients do have a perception of being aware during their cardiac arrest, some have typical mystical type of near death experiences”.

And beyond the near-death experience aspect of the research, Parnia again returned to the possible future medical benefits of the AWARE II study. “Many other lines of research are coming out of this collaboration, including the use of brain oximetry and portable EEG to provide a bi-modal monitoring for cardiac arrest, which is very important to guide our resuscitation efforts in the future to avoid brain injuries and disorders of consciousness.”

The presentation concludes with some questions from the audience – which, it was nice to see, seemed genuinely respectful and interested in the topic.

d602a8b3af9bc3f4e65a973c43833b73.jpg

d193926b466283005a18bb8da632e266.jpg

e58a58b275755bb01afbdf183077bf0d.jpg

73a4887f0a470cac56a56fa5bf34ebfb.jpg

3444799a004d5252cdb9f5c9157b90ab.jpg

c76746bac012cd50759e89dc8550bf80.jpg

7e4e855567ecb1aa81b043d9c3bc3580.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 8.56.55 PM.png

I am sitting on a plane right now surrounded by strangers.

I can see the curvature of the earth and the setting sun.

It’s beautiful.

But not beautiful enough to displace my fear.

I am expecting my plane to explode any second.

It could happen.

It really could happen.

And it’s out of my control.

I vividly imagine my last moment.

Strange sound.

Confused faces.

The mass realization that something is irreparably wrong.

The acknowledgment that these strangers are now companions on the dark goodnight.

I feel my reluctant acceptance that this the end.

The final putting down of everything I carry in my heart.

My loudest goodbye.

But unheard by those who count.

I imagine my last breath.

How different that breath would be compared to the millions before it.

I see the pain on my girlfriend’s face, who I left a few hours ago.

I made sure to text her “I love you forever” before I boarded.

The word “forever” wasn’t me just being cliche.

I never said that to her before.

It was me speaking to her from eternity… just in case.​

Screenshot_12_07_2017__15_52.png

I once read that some people scratch the floor when they hear someone they love has died.

They want to escape the world, so they try to dig themselves out.

I hope people who love me don’t experience this.

I hope they can be happy and keep living for me, even if it’s difficult.

I would want that.

Sure, I know rationally that there are about 10,000 planes in the sky this very second.

10k-plane-1-709x368.png

I know rationally that plane crashes are ridiculously rare.

But I’m still afraid.

I have death anxiety.

You see, death has been on my mind lately.

In the last twelve months, I’ve seen a lot of people die.

One of my neighbors died of a brain tumor.

Another neighbor was diagnosed with liver cancer and died a week later.

My uncle had a sudden heart attack from a blot clot in his leg a month after retiring abroad.

An online friend Justin Alexander went missing in the Indian Mountains and is now presumed dead.

And my father was diagnosed with bowel cancer but luckily had it cleared through surgery.

I didn’t know how to process all of this when it happened.

I ended up developing a kind of hypochondria.

Getting all worked up over a niggle in my side.

Trips to the emergency department.

Death is such a strange thing.

One minute someone is there.

Then they aren’t.

We are all so fragile.

A fall, a crash, a bang, a twist, a sickness, a small mistake and that can be the end of you.

Your entire uniqueness thrown ceaselessly into oblivion.

It doesn’t matter if you are a world champion fighter.

It doesn’t matter if you are rich or famous.

Napoleon said, “All men are equal before the cannon,” and the same is true of death.

Mozart. Michelangelo. Marilyn Monroe.

They all experienced their last glimmer of consciousness.

And in that moment their earthly greatness was arbitrary.

All this death anxiety got me asking questions.

“What’s it all for?”

You know, why bother so much?

I used to think that people who didn’t strive for big things were wasting their lives.

Here I am reading lots of books, trying to “improve myself,” travel the world, live a “great life,” but why?

Leonardo da Vinci famously said, “I thought I was learning how to live, but I have really been learning how to die.”

What does that even mean?

With all these questions and all this angst I did what I normally do when I have a problem… I asked some very simple questions:

How can life be meaningful in the light of death?

And is death something that should be scary?

Fortunately, my plane landed safely.

But I didn’t feel safe. I still felt vulnerable.

And so I began my search for answers.

Below are the fruits of my journey into death.​

6 Reasons Why Having Death Anxiety is Dumb

Intuitively it just makes sense that we wouldn’t want to die.
If this was something we wanted then that desire would really get in the way of life.

But there are many things I don’t want.

I don’t want to pay rent.
I don’t want to pay my phone bill.

I don’t want to floss my teeth later.

And that brings us to the first point.

Just because we don’t want something, that doesn’t mean we automatically need fear it.

Perhaps we fear death more than flossing our teeth because death seems to harm us and is associated with pain.

Pain in the absence of pleasure is intrinsically and undisputedly undesirable.

But this doesn’t paint the whole picture.

Most of us would choose to endure some intense pain for a few hours to live a long life than to die now painlessly.

So death harms us in some other way beyond “just pain.”

Or does it?

Most of us would assume that death is terrible.
The worst part of existence.

But upon further inspection, when we start to unpick what death actually is, we may realize that it’s not such a scary thing after all.

Maybe we don’t need to think of the grim reaper as a monster who tries to sap our life of all significance.

Maybe with the following 6 perspectives we can befriend him.

1) We never actually die
The infinitely wise Stoic philosopher Epicurus said:

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist.
It does not concern either the living or the dead, since for the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Death isn’t really harmful to us because we never really die.
The thing you call “I” can never experience death.

“You” can never die.
You will never know death.

The experience of non-experience—of death—is inaccessible to you in every way.

If you’ve ever had an operation or a deep sleep or been knocked out, what did it feel like?
The answer is “absolutely nothing.”

It was neither good or bad.

The truth is, we experience mini deaths throughout our entire lives.

Non-experience is not a new experience.

Untitled-2___45_3___Layer_4__RGB_8___-709x423.png

2) We’ve already been there
Lucretius, the Roman poet who brought Epicurus’s ideas to his later audience, articulates what’s called the “symmetry argument.”

We have already experienced billions of years of non-existence before we were born, but we didn’t feel that bad about it.
We have already been there and it was fine, so why worry about returning there?

death_as_deprivdation-709x407.png

It wasn’t all that bad before you were born.
It was kind of peaceful in a bizarre way.

As you may have noticed, this is a therapeutic idea, but the argument isn’t completely airtight.

Why?

We don’t think of the past the same way as we think of the future.

Death deprives us of seeing through our future goals.

This is probably the most unfortunate aspect of dying.

It’s a horrible thought knowing that our ambitions will suddenly be cut short.

death_as_deprivation-709x421.png

Death does deprive us of our future, and this proves that death is something not to be desired.

But does it mean that death should be feared at all costs?

Should we be walking around consumed by death anxiety?

Is death the ultimate harm that can be done to us?

Not quite.

3) The alternative to death is even worse
Immortality sounds so cool.

You get to experience so much — an infinite amount.

You would have endless time to pursue every interest, master all skills, read every book, possess everything you desire, and fall in love over and over and over with every type of person.

Every kind of goal you have right now would eventually be fulfilled if you lived for eternity.

But how long would it take before life becomes sapped of its urgency?

How long would it take before the new hobby you’ve undertaken becomes dull again?

How mystical would your love life be knowing that if it doesn’t work out, you have infinite time to do it again?

How exciting would fame be after 5,000 years of being followed around by the paparazzi?

You would be on the constant search for novelty, and novelty would become more scarce with each passing year.

Eventually it would be difficult to muster the motivation to get out of bed.
The only thing you would desire would be the ability to desire.

In short, it is likely you would be depressed.

infinte_human_life-709x483.png

Francois La Rochefoucauld wrote “Supreme cleverness is knowledge of the real value of things.”

The fact that we know we will one day die, that we have limited time to pursue our goals, tells us what we should value like nothing else.

Failure and risk would not exist for an immortal person.

Without being on that airplane, I would have no need to tell my girlfriend how much I love her.

Which brings me to our next point:

4) We need death in order to live

befirend-death.png

5) Death only exists in three dimensions
We humans can navigate freely in three dimensions.
We can move up and down, forwards and backwards, and left and right.​

The science enthusiasts reading this, however, will know that there is a fourth dimension we cannot navigate through freely: time.

Time is like a moving airplane set upon a destination.
A passenger can move about inside the airplane, but is unable to alter the airplane’s course.

I explained earlier that death deprives us of a potentially bright future.
Being stuck in the one-way river of time, we naturally perceive things as beginning and ending.

But if we had access to the fourth dimension, death and endings would be no different to us than births and beginnings.

A movie consists of individual frames that when put together in a certain order, creates the experience of a story being played out with a beginning, middle, and end.

If we had access to the fourth dimension, a human lifespan would be just like a movie timeline, which we could enter at any frame and watch in any direction.

We could step outside the timeline if we chose and stop watching, but that lifespan would always exist for us to revisit whenever we pleased.

life_in_4d.png

6) We are lucky that we get to die
When one focuses a lot on death, it is easy to start seeing it as a problem that needs to be solved.
I hope that I have shown you in this post that death is our greatest aide in the quest for meaning and purpose in life.

It is even possible that one can develop a gratitude for death—for endings.

Richard Dawkins said:

We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones.
Most people are never going to die because they’re never going to be born.

The potential people who could have been here in my place, but who will in fact never see the light of day, outnumber the sand grains of Sahara.

Perhaps we would be better to take the thought “Why are we going to die? Death is such a problem!” And change it to:

“Why are we here? Life is such a bizarre and astonishing thing.”

You are able to breathe, to experience and know you are experiencing.

And the odds of you being able to do this are dizzyingly small.

Imagine standing on gigantic planet with a trillion people who look a bit like you.
One of you will be chosen at random to live, the rest will perish.

You were chosen.

But not only that, you were chosen from way more than a trillion people…

The actual odds of being alive requires a number that is so big, it would fill a 3,000-page book.

It is 1 in 10 followed by 2.6 million zeroes.

Lucky us.

To conclude:
Death is obviously not something that we would want to happen to us.
But it need not be terrifying.

If we want to earn money to do fun things, we have to work.

If we want to have children, we have to endure the pain of childbirth and the stress of caring for an infant.

If we want to be healthy, we have to exercise.

And if we want to live a meaningful existence, we must accept our impermanence.

That’s just life.

f4206fd911b2fdad493534d1c58ec8c4.jpg

090aeac718f3ed00b7f4aee92e1f5dec.gif

3606ed0b4de7e098b5d9a4127970b80a.jpg

ad688d23e4e6b39501e8cf29b9dfea8f.jpg

0dd3eafbed852d4cac21302c72dccea1.jpg

748c8f0410dac6580f1451a735b55cd9.jpg

f10bd04494439380969291ad64332f9a.jpg

3c1a56d0e285f4493dcf91967883d1df.jpg

af9fe2431f994ff6be6d946b4c31ef9f.jpg