Merkabah | Page 316 | INFJ Forum
Gradually working my way through this thread. Lots of interesting reading. Some is well thought out and parts make no sense. I'm sure answers will come in due time as I've processed more content and the unconscious can bubble up more meaning.

With that said I'd like to propose a hypothesis that I've been contemplating for a good deal of time (prior to even being at this forum). Hope you find it enlightening or at the very least entertaining. Chew it up, swallow or spit. Your choice.

What if the soul is traveling backwards in time. That when the universe came into existence (possibly Big Bang or other violent event, all souls were ejected to the farthest parts of the potential universe. That each soul would inhabit a living entity and experience life in the now (backwards) just like the physical body experiences it now moving forward (in time). Our physical body (and mind) could start to gain future insight the more it came in touch with the soul and thereby explain many bizarre phenomenon. It would also explain many concepts at the quantum level.

So, why would this be the case? Perhaps there was a spiritual conflict in the heavens / ether / higher dimension, that gave rise to this expulsion (for lack of a better word). And the process by which every soul is involved is one to return back to the source from which it came. A billion or trillion year gauntlet used to give insight; starting with the most advanced technology and potential destruction and finishing with the simplest and less destructive. Perhaps it would give the soul a perspective of what selfishness evolves to and what might have been the actual reason for the initial explosion / expulsion.

AND if the lesson is not learned in that billion / trillion year gauntlet then perhaps another expulsion will occur until it is.

Which parts don’t make sense?
My own thoughts or certain articles posted?
Both?
I only ask, so I can make the thread better. :)

It’s a very interesting idea...our concept of time is very narrow.
There are some great documentaries I will find for you about time and how it really isn’t there at all.
lol
As for the Big Bang and the reasons or what actually occurred, I can’t say that there is anything to say that we were expelled for some kind of spiritual conflict...unless you take the Garden of Eden as a parable for this expulsion.
And there is reference in the Bible and elsewhere of wars in Heaven.
Still...it’s one of those things in the category of - we’ll see when we die.
;)
I like your theory though...I love to hear new ideas and thoughts, and I hope you don’t feel I have discounted anything you’ve said...I don’t at all.
And again, I appreciate all the likes and encouragement.
This thread is both my own blog in a way, but I also am glad that there is so much great information compiled into one place...it’s taken a bit of time, but I’m proud of it...please keep contributing!
Much love!

Last edited:

1.5 Hz - Healing, Endorphines, Anxiety, Arthritis, Melatonin

It is heck out of difficult to help you with arthritis, Skare. None of the videos of binaural beats that I posted seemed to appeal to you.

I found something called isochronic tones which is more powerful. Is that better, do 'ya' think? See the description below.

"Isochronic tones work by emitting sound at regular intervals. This excites the thalamus and causes the brain to duplicate the frequency of the Isochronic tones, changing its thought patterns."

"Isochronic tones are regular beats of a single tone used for brainwave entrainment. Similar to monaural beats, the interference pattern that produces the beat is outside the brain so headphones are not required for entrainment to be effective. They differ from monaural beats, which are constant sine wave pulses rather than entirely separate pulses of a single tone. As the contrast between noise and silence is more pronounced than the constant pulses of monaural beats, the stimuli is stronger and has a greater effect on brain entrainment."

"Binaural beats are not very noticeable because the modulation depth (the difference between loud and quiet) is 3 db, a two-to-one ratio. (Isochronic tones and mono beats easily have 50 db difference between loud and quiet, which is a 100,000-to-1 ratio). This means that binaural beats are unlikely to produce any significant entrainment because they don’t activate the thalamus. But they do have some hypnotic and relaxing effect by way of dissociation. You have to use headphones when listening to Binaural Beats, because the entrainment occurs by a third tone, that is created by 2 different frequencies, one in the left ear and the second in the right ear."

"If you are looking for the most effective type of brainwave entrainment, Isochronic tones are the way to go. Isochronic Tones also use equal intensity tones, but the pulse speed is greater, causing the brain to synchronize with the rhythm. In 1999, Thomas Budzynski Ph.D. published a case in the Journal of Neurotherapy which showed that a group of 8 college students increased their GPA with the use of audio brainwave stimulation, and their GPA continued to increase even after the brainwave entrainment was finished."

https://isochronichtones.blogspot.se/2013/01/
I have used the videos you posted!
Some that you posted I already had, and the others I have tried several times.
Like I said...lately I haven’t been doing a specific meditation but feeling it out and trying to see what type of meditation would be best for the day.
Yes...1.5 is good.
Usually if I am going to attempt to go OOB I will put it on between 3.9Hz, 4Hz, 4.5Hz.
Many think that 6.3Hz is good for going OOB, but I have found the others far more successful, and I feel like I can’t fully relax with 6.3Hz.
Often I will use ones that have more than one specific frequency.
They have many that incorporate both binaural beats and isochronic tones...those are actually what I use I good portion of the time.
Thank you for all your posts and posts specifically trying to help me...it is much appreciated and I always include you along with others from the forum in my prayers that I open my meditating with.
You have a kind and good heart.
Much love.

19990190_10154765771587083_7133906716222384327_n.jpg

“The Bushmen in the Kalahari Desert talk about the two "hungers”.
There is the Great Hunger and there is the Little Hunger.
The Little Hunger wants food for the belly; but the Great Hunger, the greatest hunger of all, is the hunger for meaning...
There is ultimately only one thing that makes human beings deeply and profoundly bitter,
and that is to have thrust upon them a life without meaning.
There is nothing wrong in searching for happiness.
But of far more comfort to the soul is something greater than happiness or unhappiness, and that is meaning.
Because meaning transfigures all.
Once what you are doing has for you meaning, it is irrelevant whether you're happy or unhappy.
You are content - you are not alone in your Spirit - you belong.”

~ Laurens van der Post

"The soul demands your folly, not your wisdom."

~ C. G. Jung.
_________________________________________________________________________________

"My soul leads me into the desert, into the desert of my own self.
I did not think that my soul is a desert, a barren, hot desert, dusty and without drink.
The journey leads through hot sand, slowly wading without a visible goal to hope for?
How eerie is this wasteland.
It seems to me that the way leads so far away from mankind.
I take my way step by step, and do not know how long my journey will last.
Why is my self a desert?
Have I lived too much outside of myself in men and events?
Why did I avoid my self?
Was I not dear to myself?
But I have avoided the place of my soul.
I was my thoughts, after I was no longer events and other men.
But I was not my self, confronted with my thoughts.
I should also rise up above my thoughts to my own self.
My journey goes there, and that is why it leads away from men and events into solitude.
Is it solitude, to be with oneself?
Solitude is true only when the self is a desert."

~ C. G. Jung. The Red Book.

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness.
Conviviality is healing.
To be healed we must come with all the other creatures to the feast of Creation."

~ Wendell Berry

"The only meaningful life is a life that strives for the individual realization --
absolute and unconditional--of its own particular law...
To the extent that a man is untrue to the law of his being...he has failed to realize his own life's meaning."

~ C. G. Jung

“And some day there will be nothing left of everything that has twisted my life and
grieved it and filled me so often with such anguish.
Some day, with the last exhaustion, peace will come and the motherly earth will gather me back home.
It won't be the end of things, only a way of being born again, a bathing and a slumbering where the old and the withered sink down, where the young and new begin to breathe.
Then, with other thoughts, I will walk along streets like these, and listen to streams,
and overhear what the sky says in the evening, over and over and over.”

~ Hermann Hesse

"The art of letting things happen, action in non-action, letting go of oneself, as taught by Meister Eckhart,
became a key for me by which I was able to open the door to the “Way”.
The key is this: we must be able to let things happen in the psyche.
For us this becomes a real art of which few people know anything.
Consciousness is forever interfering, helping, correcting, and negating,
and never leaving the simple growth of the psychic processes in peace."

~ Jung’s commentary on The Secret of the Golden Flower, p. 90.

"By keeping quiet, repressing nothing, remaining attentive, and by accepting reality - taking things as they are, and not as I want them to be - by doing all this, unusual knowledge has come to me, and unusual powers as well,
such as I could never have imagined before.
I always thought that when we accept things they over powered us in some way or other.
This turns out not to be true at all, and it is only by accepting them that one can assume an attitude towards them."

From a patient of Jung's.

~ C. G. Jung, Alchemical Studies pg:47

"If you prove receptive to this "call of the wild," the longing for fulfillment will quicken the sterile wilderness of your soul as rain quickens the dry earth."

~C. G. Jung, Coll Works Vol 14

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls.
They will practise Indian yoga and all its exercises, observe a strict regimen of diet, learn theosophy by heart, or mechanically repeat mystic texts from the literature of the whole world - all because they cannot get on with themselves and have not the slightest faith that anything useful could ever come out of their own souls.
Thus the soul has gradually turned into a Nazareth from which nothing good can come.
Therefore let us fetch it from the four corners of the earth - the more far-fetched and bizarre it is the better!"

~C. G. Jung. Coll.Works, vol 12

“The act of consciousness is central;
otherwise we are overrun by the complexes.
The hero in each of us is required to answer the call of individuation.
We must turn away from the cacaphony of the outerworld to hear the inner voice.
When we can dare to live its promptings, then we achieve personhood.
We may become strangers to those who thought they knew us,
but at least we are no longer strangers to ourselves.”

~ James Hollis

Last edited:
Yeah...I think it’s going to take things getting worse before people fight to make things better.
Yes, thank you for replying. That is why I think we're on the same brain train as a few others. Hoping to collect a few *million* more like minded folks to see the light of working together for the common good; when we all win, we all win :D

:mxmas:my bags are packed and off to the hotel hot tub for me....:mhula: lagoon vacation here I go :p

Reactions: Skarekrow
Funny, I have a big thick book by Grof sitting on my coffee table in front of me... ;)

I burst out laughing at this! Funny.... yehhh....right. ;)

Reactions: Skarekrow
An interesting article and experience by Mr. Alvarez!
Enjoy!

by Fred Clarke Alvarez
29 August 2016
Born and raised in Lima, Peru, Fred Clarke Alvarez has been researching and exploring the shamanic healing world since 1998 on his path of seeking truth and questioning consensus reality.

Learning from native curanderos and living in the Amazon and Andes of Peru, he started to work with the healing power of sound, using ancient musical instruments of
Peru and developing his own unique style of shamanic sound therapy.

Throughout the years Fred has also studied the mysteries and hidden knowledge of the world, and his personal experiences have help him connect the dots of what is going on
"behind the scenes" during this time of transition.

Fred lives in Lima, Peru, offering sound healing sessions in private and in groups,
as well flute making workshops and spiritual retreats.
He is traveling the world, taking his work to Mexico, United Stated and Iceland among other places.

Fred is involved with music therapy for native children in Peru and working with autistic children.
He has also recorded and composed 4 albums: Pacha Paqariy (2006),
Rezando a los Abuelos (2008), Paqarina (2010), Willka Unu (2012).

Fred's websites:

soundcloud.com/pachapaqariy
pachapaqariy.wixsite.com/english
pachapaqariy.wixsite.com/espanol

• Why is the world the way it is?

• What is my purpose on this earth?

• What is spirit?

• What is God?

• What is the archetypal myth that I'm living?
Over the course of my life these questions have emerged and keep emerging.

As I've walked my path, I realized more and more that I don't know anything and yet it is all right there, hidden in plain sight.

I live in a constant mystery embedded in an eternal present.
The energy moves and flows.

The mind is like an empty singing bowl that can be filled with many thoughts.

You can empty the bowl only by stopping to identify with these thoughts.
When you hit the empty bowl with the stick, the sound vibrates into eternity, as I become part of the whole.

My identification with "I", who I "think" I am ceases to be and washes away into infinity.
The stars and planets dance, the birds are singing, the water flows and the sun emerges again and I'm still here on this earth… in this world.

Many years ago, I started to seek answers to those opening questions and many more.

On my path, I connected to the spirituality of the Earth and the Cosmos.
I found it in power plants, in the mountains, in the oceans, in the desert, in the jungle of Peru, and in some embodied Curanderos I've met:
A spirituality that transcends our way of physically seeing the world, beyond thought and death.

This continuing process and initiations were the "stick" that played the bowl and emptied my mind, freeing myself from the conditioning in order to learn to love, to forgive, to live and to die.

These were years of disillusionment, struggle, healing, un-learning and learning as my warrior-self was activated and (re)born within me.

I had visions of the dark and light, of above and below.

About 13 years ago I was working with a power medicine plant in the jungle under the guidance of a native Curandero who also become my friend and teacher.

The plant activated my astral vehicle within my body and I left the earth, traveling into space.
I saw 'fireworks' around me that extended deep into space, a massive golden meteor shower as big as several earths.

I moved closer and suddenly I was in the middle of these golden particles.

At this point I started to receive information from other-worldly beings, about their own purpose and evolution spanning over thousands of years in just a few seconds of telepathic transmission.

I could hear a chaotic sound/noise while they were transmitting this information.

It was intense but also exciting at the same time.
There was no fear.

I was receiving images during this 'download' as well.
This went on periodically until I left the cloud of golden particles.

Then I entered a big room...

In the middle of it was a large black stone table with some alien 'glyphs' carved in it.
The table had a rectangular shape and there were several beings dressed in black clothes and hats sitting at it.

They were starring at each other without saying a word.
Their faces were very serious and they seemed frustrated.

At this moment I realized that these entities were manipulating the evolution of human beings on planet earth, and also on other planets and solar systems.

I also understood that their plan has been compromised because of a higher energy entering the cosmos and affecting earth and space/time.

It is counter-acting their agenda and there is nothing they can do about it.
So they are just waiting in frustration, and in seeming desperation.

This higher energy that is originating from the center of the universe is accelerating the evolution of consciousness to the next level.

It is also accompanied by positive high frequency beings assisting the transition, and anyone who "answers the call" to participate in this transformation, but they don't do the work for us.

After exiting this room I went through some transparent 'wires' that were carries of flowing energy, as I understood and experienced them.

After passing through these wires I entered another room.

There was a small crystal table and two chairs made of crystal.

In each of those chairs were sitting shadows.
They had no volume or substance.

There were three objects suspended motionless, right above the table - a cube, a cone, and a sphere - each in a different color.

I suddenly understood that these shadow beings use these objects to transmit the energy of fear to humans on earth.

They work in dreamtime and through other people whom they use as portals, including,

businessmen, politicians, scientists, artists, musicians, healers, spiritualists, writers, journalists, athletes, filmmakers, etc…

I realized that they are manipulating our world through a hyperdimensional technology that affects the minds of humans, installing fear, confusion, anxiety, separation, terror, feeding 'ego consciousness', and also working with temptation and ego-hooks.

Hence many well-meaning people are also getting hijacked by these entities and their hyperdimensional manipulation, without their conscious awareness.

I understood that these beings feed on our life force and manipulate humanity, keeping them in a frequency prison.

After I left this place I went even further into space until I came across gigantic stone structures carved with what looked like Mayan 'glyphs’.

These structures were unified like pieces of a puzzle.

To me it resembled the cosmic alignment, symbolizing how everything is inter-related and connected with each other; a cosmic union.

Pleiades and the Northern Lights. Akureyri, Iceland.
As I was traveling further into space it seemed like I was approaching the edge of it.

There were almost no stars visible and it got darker and darker.
It was like the border of an expansion and I could feel the space breathing, expanding and contracting.

At this point I realized that I was confronted with the unknown and couldn't possibly understand what was happening.

The only thing I realized was that in my human condition, my mind could not process such information.

All of a sudden I started to feel a very powerful vibration that enveloped me.
From a far distance I heard the icaros from my Curandero friend.

Gradually I heard it louder and louder until I finally began to feel my body again.
It was a very heavy sensation to be back in this lower density of our physical body.

I opened my eyes and was back sitting in the room with everybody else.

The next day, I started reading a book that a good friend gave to me: "Bringers of the Dawn" by Barbara Marciniak.

This book resonated very deeply with me and helped me to give context to my experience the previous day. Tears and smiles were coming out of me in the process of reading it.

I couldn't put it down.
It was a profound confirmation of what I had seen and experienced, even like a remembering, as if I have always known it.

It also inspired me to give the best of myself, and keep learning more about the healing arts to help others in the process of awakening, while working on my own emancipation process as well; stepping into the warrior self to establish our sovereignty as embodied human beings connected to nature and the divine within.

It's the path of embodied knowledge, anchoring the higher frequency of unconditional love as we humbly learn our lessons through the great changes and challenges we face as individuals on this journey.

There are negative forces (most often posing as positive ones), who try to keep us locked in a frequency of fear and confusion, as they manipulate our human free will to align with their own negative agenda.

And there are higher positive forces who assist and guide us in the emancipation process that is awakening in many of us, inspiring us to "answer the call", but as I mentioned before, they don't do the work for us.

We need to learn to become our own embodied leaders, tuned in to our inner guidance and not give away our power to any external authority.

An encounter. Sacred Valley, Perú.

I also realized that sound and music are great keys to help us heal, raise awareness, and our frequency.

But it all depends on the intention and how it is being applied.
Sound and music is also being used for mind control in the Matrix-World, manipulating us in unconscious ways.

Knowledge of how sounds and frequencies work is important.

Sound has the ability to influence matter since all matter is energy vibrating on a certain frequency.

The whole universe is comprised of frequency and vibration.
Most of it is outside our limited five sensory perceptions.

Words and thoughts are also made up of frequencies.
Our body vibrates on a certain frequency based on one's inner developments and level of being.

We are also able to create musical instruments that establishes a connection to the spiritual world with the right intentions and knowledge.

In that way sound and music can assist in spiritual and consciousness development.

Essentially, I realized that during this time of transition, the crisis we experience in the world and in our personal lives, is an opportunity to make the quantum leap to a higher state of consciousness and being.

From this experience in my life I made the commitment to serve in this time of transition, waking myself up into this new consciousness, facilitating healing in some way to help others.

This powerful energy is awaking and calling us, and it is up to each one of us to "answer the call" and embark onto the journey of the hero/warrior.

It's the call to transcend this mutant matrix, the current low vibrational paradigm; to heal, to forgive, to give gratitude, and to love unconditionally in order to empty the singing bowl to allow these higher energies to fill it up.

In other words, we need to empty our vessel and prepare it to become conscious transducers of higher energies in alignment with Divine Will.

There is a lot of work for us as individuals and as a community to do so we can make it to the next level of the spiral.

The process of becoming embodied peaceful warriors in our own personal journey of the hero can be challenging, but the only way out is through.

The time is now to align with the shift.

We are the ones we have been waiting for...

Powerful Advice From A Dying 24 Year Old

a346-800x500.jpg

Most of us go through our days on autopilot, not really living, but merely existing.
We have so much outwardly, but feel so empty and lost on the inside.
We allow our minds to keep us up late at night, mulling over things that don’t really matter in the end, such as bills, money, what others think of us, etc.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Of course, none of us truly knows the answers and what happens to us after this life, and we’ve all been thrown into the same boat.
How we navigate this life, however, and the choices we make along the way, define our character and existence.

Our experiences and choices shape us, but many of us spend our lives locked into commitments chasing money and power and stability instead of digging deep within us.

We count down the hours on the clock until we can go home for the day, rest, and do it all again the next day.
We run around all chasing something, and wake up one day wondering why we even chased it.

It may not matter to you now what you do with each day of your life, but maybe this advice from a dying 24-year-old will give you a wake up call.

He posted his story on a Reddit thread, and ever since, it’s gone viral.
We hope you will take some wisdom away from this young man, and realize that we only have a short time on this planet.
We may as well make the most of it, and love and live as authentically as we possibly can before our time is up.

Read on for the letter, and share it far and wide if you feel inclined to do so.

“I am only 24 years old, yet I have actually already chosen my last tie.
It’s the one that I will wear on my funeral a few months from now.

It may not match my suit, but I think it’s perfect for the occasion.

The cancer diagnosis came too late to give me at least a tenuous hope for a long life, but I realized that the most important thing about death is to ensure that you leave this world a little better than it was before you existed with your contributions.

The way I’ve lived my life so far, my existence or more precisely the loss of it, will not matter because I have lived without doing anything impactful.

Before, there were so many things that occupied my mind.
When I learned how much time I had left, however, it became clear which things are really important.

So, I am writing to you for a selfish reason.
I want to give meaning to my life by sharing with you what I have realized:

– Don’t waste your time on work that you don’t enjoy.
It is obvious that you cannot succeed in something that you don’t like.
Patience, passion, and dedication come easily only when you love what you do.

– It’s stupid to be afraid of others’ opinions.
Fear weakens and paralyzes you.

If you let it, it can grow worse and worse every day until there is nothing left of you, but a shell of yourself.
Listen to your inner voice and go with it.
Some people may call you crazy, but some may even think you‘re a legend.

– Take control of your life.
Take full responsibility for the things that happen to you.
Limit bad habits and try to lead a healthier life.

Find a sport that makes you happy.
Most of all, don’t procrastinate.
Let your life be shaped by decisions you made, not by the ones you didn’t.

– Appreciate the people around you.
Your friends and relatives will always be an infinite source of strength and love.
That is why you shouldn’t take them for granted.

It is difficult for me to fully express my feelings about the importance of these simple realizations, but I hope that you will listen to someone who has experienced how valuable time is.

I’m not upset because I understand that the last days of my life have become meaningful.
I only regret that I will not be able to see a lot of cool stuff that should happen soon like the creation of AI, or Elon Musk’s next awesome project.

I also hope that the war in Syria and Ukraine will end soon.

We care so much about the health and integrity of our body that until death, we don’t notice that the body is nothing more than a box – a parcel for delivering our personality, thoughts, beliefs and intentions to this world.

If there is nothing in this box that can change the world, then it doesn’t matter if it disappears.
I believe that we all have potential, but it also takes a lot of courage to realize it.

You can float through a life created by circumstances, missing day after day, hour after hour.
Or, you can fight for what you believe in and write the great story of your life.

I hope you will make the right choice.

Leave a mark in this world.
Have a meaningful life, whatever definition it has for you.

Go towards it.
The place we are leaving is a beautiful playground, where everything is possible.

Yet, we are not here forever.
Our life is a short spark in this beautiful little planet that flies with incredible speed to the endless darkness of the unknown universe.

So, enjoy your time here with passion.
Make it interesting.
Make it count!

Thank you!”

SCIENTISTS DEMONSTRATE REMARKABLE EVIDENCE OF DREAM TELEPATHY BETWEEN PEOPLE

ARJUN WALIA
SEPTEMBER 16, 2014

dream-680x500.jpeg

Dream telepathy suggests that human beings have the ability to communicate telepathically with another person while they are dreaming.

And this isn’t a new concept, as scientific interest in telepathy dates back to the fathers of the psychoanalytic movement.

Freud, for example, looked at the implications of telepathy on psychoanalytic thought.
He also considered dream telepathy, or the telepathic influence of thought on dreaming, on multiple occasions.

Carl Jung believed in the telepathic hypothesis without question, and even developed a theoretical system to explain “paranormal” events of this nature. (2)

It seems that all great minds encourage the study of various types of non-physical phenomena.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

– Nikola Tesla​

According to Dr. Stanley Krippner, professor of psychology at Saybrook University in California:

A wealth of anecdotal and clinical material exist which supports the possibility of telepathic effects occurring in dreams (Krippner, 1974).

However, an experimental approach to the topic did not become possible until psycho physiological laboratory technology became available.

It was discovered that sleeping research participants awakened from periods of rapid eye movement (REM) activity were frequently able to recall dream episodes.

As a result, it was possible to request a “telepathic receiver” to attempt dreaming about a target stimulus that was being focused on in a distant location from a “telepathic sender.”
(source)

Experiments and Results
In the mid 1960s, Montague Ullman, MD, began a number of experiments at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, to test the hypothesis that people could be primed to dream about randomly selected material.

In other words, they could choose what they wanted to dream about before going to sleep, and this could include anything, from artwork to movies to photographs and more.

Shortly after these experiments began, Ullman was joined by Stanley Krippner (quoted above), a scientist with an impressive background in psychology, parapsychology, and dreams.

The experiments they conducted lasted a span of more than 10 years, and “yielded statistically significant results.”

During the experiments, there was usually a “telepathic sender” and a “telepathic receiver.”
They met in the laboratory for a short period of time before being placed in completely separate rooms just prior to sleep.

The telepathic sender had an envelope waiting for them in the room in which they’d sleep.
It would contain something like a picture or a drawing.

The receivers were then purposely awakened shortly after Rapid Eye Movement sleep (REM) began so the researchers could take a dream report.

degas.jpeg

A Very Significant Session

One very memorable and significant session of dream telepathy experimentation took place where the selected art print was “School of Dance” by Edgar Degas, which depicts several young women in a dance class.

According to Krippner, the receivers’ dream reports included such phrases as “I was in a class made up of maybe half a dozen people, it felt like a school,” and “There was one little girl that was trying to dance with me.”

These results are fascinating, and the idea that one can influence another’s dreams opens up a lot of doors. Although we might not understand the process behind the transfer of information, and we can’t see this transfer take place from mind to mind, we have proof of it occurring.

This is quite common when we examine scientific studies that have evaluated parapsychological phenomena — we know what is happening, but not how.

Another significant session conducted by Krippner and Ullman took place on March 15th, 1970.
In this session, a large group of people at a Holy Modal Rounders rock concert was selected to send something telepathically.

A local media artist by the name of Jean Millay was in charge of readying the telepathic senders for “target preparation.”

She did this with help from the Lidd Light Company, a group of artists responsible for the light show at the concert.

Millay gave the audience a brief verbal set of directions before the image was flashed on the large screen that the telepathic senders were looking at.

Six slide projectors were used to project a colour film about eagles and their nesting habits, as well as information about various birds from around the world (including birds from mythology, like the phoenix).

This all happened at the same time Holy Modal Rounders were playing their song “If you want to be a bird.”

There were five volunteer telepathic receivers for this experiment, and they were all located within a 100-mile radius from the telepathic senders.

All of the receivers were aware of the concert location and were told to record their images at midnight, because that was when the material would be sent to them.

According to Krippner:

One “telepathic receiver,” Helen Andrews, had the impression of “something mythological, like a griffin or a phoenix.”

The second, third, and fourth research participants reported images of “a snake”, “grapes”, and “an embryo in flames”.

The fifth participant was Richie Havens, the celebrated American singer and recording artist, who reported closing his eyes at midnight and visualizing “a number of sea gulls flying over water”.

Both Mr. Havens’ and Ms. Andrews’ reports represented direct correspondences with the target material.
(source)

More remarkable results were seen when the rock group Grateful Dead also volunteered to participate in a dream telepathy session over a span of six nights.

You can read more about that (and other results) here.
These results were actually published by the American Psychological Association. (1)

These are usually the instructions given to subjects who participate in these experiments:

1. You are about to participate in an ESP experiment.
2. In a few seconds you will see a picture.
3. Try using your ESP to “send” this picture to the receiver.
4. The receiver will try to dream about this picture. Try to “send” it to them.
5. Then, receivers will be made aware of the sender’s location.

Possible Explanations?
Quantum physics has shed light on the vast interconnectedness of everything in the universe.
One possible explanation is quantum entanglement.

For example, consider two electrons that are created together.
If you send one to the other side of the universe, the other will respond instantly, regardless of their distance from each other.

This is one way of interpreting how everything is really connected in some way.
Einstein called it “spooky actions at a distance.”

For a great visual demonstration of this, click here.

The truth of the matter is that we have no way to explain how this works.
The researchers involved were only able to observe and record what was taking place, which, again, is very common for parapsychological phenomenon.

At the same time, these experiments involve dreams, a completely different and altered state of “reality” that we really don’t know much about.

It’s a world separate (or at least we think is separate) from the world in which we are “awake.”
(Although, of course, the world we perceive when we are awake could very well be just a dream.
But that is a subject for another article.)

Parapsychological Phenomena Have Been Proven and Documented All Over the World
Parapsychological (PSI) phenomena have been studied, documented, observed, and proven (over and over again) by a number of renowned scientists in laboratories all over the world.

The Department of Defense has had a huge interest in this subject (and has studied it) for a number of years, yet the scientific study of it is concealed from the public and left out of universities and mainstream science, which is not fair, and not right.

It isn’t as though this information is inaccessible to us; some of this documentation and these publications are available in the public domain.

Sources:

(1) http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1986-13291-001

(2)http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=489052

http://stanleykrippner.weebly.com/a-pilot-study-in-dream-telepathy-with-the-grateful-dead.html

http://www.neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/view/385

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/59574068/dreams-telepathy-various-states-consciousness

https://www.google.ca/#q=Dreams%2C+Telepathy%2C+and+Various+States+of+Consciousness+Stanley+Krippner+and+Cheryl+Fracasso

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
He’s so young!
Enjoy!

Alan Watts Explains What Awakening Means

As the New-Age con artists and gurus continue to get richer and gain more followers by mixing nonsense and woowoo with genuine spiritual teachings of the east, I think it's important to keep the pure teachings alive.
In this clip Alan Watts explains what "Awakening" means, and no, it doesn't have anything to do with saying Namaste or finding significance in seeing the clock when it's 11:11 or thinking that the placement of planets in the solar system somehow affects your mood and personality...​

Reactions: Wyote

Emotional Sentience:
The Nature of Consciousness & Spiritual Experience

Katherine T. Peil: Founding Director of non-profit EFS International, whose mission is fostering global emotional wisdom.
From a background in Pantheistic spirituality and clinical and social psychology, her lengthy interdisciplinary inquiry into the biophysical substrates of emotion led to the identification of its previously mysterious biological function: as an ancient “self-regulatory sense” – an evaluative perceptual mechanism through which living systems directly participate in self-organizing and evolutionary processes, and one that invites deeper inquiries into the physics of consciousness.

This new science also casts light upon innate “biovalues, which scientific methodology has long avoided, as well as vital processes that inform common spiritual experiences, and the healthy development of empathic moral conscience.

It provides a biophysically informed vision of “naturalistic spiritualty”, one that echoes the common wisdom across the great religious traditions, while challenging such time honored assumptions as “sin” and the “good and evil” dichotomy.​

Not exactly the same thing but,

Last night I dreamt a dream where it meant I'd receive good luck/fortune.

Today when getting my car back from it's MOT. with a bill that should have come to £300 easily. I was only charged £100..the weird part is, the dream was in reverse, so on first glance I thought it was about me being financially hit, but turns out its reverse.

Life, just keeps on getting weirder.

Not exactly the same thing but,

Last night I dreamt a dream where it meant I'd receive good luck/fortune.

Today when getting my car back from it's MOT. with a bill that should have come to £300 easily. I was only charged £100..the weird part is, the dream was in reverse, so on first glance I thought it was about me being financially hit, but turns out its reverse.

Life, just keeps on getting weirder.

Have a similar thing that just happened to my SO this morning.
She works at the library and they were selling all their old furniture.
Well some of the chairs they were selling are Swan style midcentury modern and are sought after, even reproductions go for over $100.
Most are several hundred.
They had like 15 of these chairs and so she was going to try and buy at least 4 or 5 as they were selling them for $20 a piece!
She gets there...and some lady has been waiting for an hour for the sale to start...she immediately buys all the chairs.
Ugh.
Just as my SO is leaving...the lady minding the desk and sale tells her to hold on...and she has two of the chairs in the back room!
Manifest abundance!
Freaking awesome.
Just pay it back to the universe I suppose.

Reactions: WonkyOracle
Have a similar thing that just happened to my SO this morning.
She works at the library and they were selling all their old furniture.
Well some of the chairs they were selling are Swan style midcentury modern and are sought after, even reproductions go for over $100.
Most are several hundred.
They had like 15 of these chairs and so she was going to try and buy at least 4 or 5 as they were selling them for $20 a piece!
She gets there...and some lady has been waiting for an hour for the sale to start...she immediately buys all the chairs.
Ugh.
Just as my SO is leaving...the lady minding the desk and sale tells her to hold on...and she has two of the chairs in the back room!
Manifest abundance!
Freaking awesome.
Just pay it back to the universe I suppose.
Wish me luck, I'm about read this thread from pg1.
giphy.gif

Speaking of manifesting abundance.
I flat out feel guilty asking for things, or for my finances to improve, good fortune to come my way, etc. etc.
Anyone else feel this way?
I have a serious, almost neurotic, difficult time praying for myself.
If I do, it’s only so I can be a better Father to my Son and a better person for my SO.
There are so many books and meditations online and elsewhere that talk about manifesting abundance.
Like that book “The Secret”.
I mean...it’s difficult for me to even spend money on myself besides food and a bit of pot.
My shoes could have holes in them and I still don’t buy new ones.
I just don’t care about getting more.
Yes...more money does open up doorways that are otherwise closed.
But the drive to be rolling in it has never been there..
So when I hear about, or read about in articles...how to manifest abundance in your life.
Isn’t that just another way of saying - I need more than what I have?
As if something is lacking.
Sure, we all have times that we don’t know how we are going to pay this bill, or you gotta repair a broken fence, etc. and being stable certainly doesn’t cause any cognitive dissonance with me...it’s the asking for abundance...which to me, abundance means a lot of something.
So much, that you don’t want for it anymore.
Talk to me...does anyone else feel guilty?
Shouldn’t we instead focus on the abundance that we already have in our lives and appreciate that?
Should I not feel guilty?
Why should I or not, am I missing something?
What is you own personal opinion and thoughts/feelings on the matter?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
Wish me luck, I'm about read this thread from pg1.
giphy.gif

Just keep in mind a lot of the earlier links and pictures got broken when the forum switched formats.
Also...the youtube videos that don’t show up still work...you just gotta cut and paste the address.
Good luck!
It has certainly been a journey.
At least for me.
See if you can find the moment when I began to have some semblance of faith.
;)

Thanks for your interest, it’s very flattering!
If you find something you wish to delve into more as you go through it, please ask away!
Cheers!

Last edited:
20139612_1474053942679397_2485590210062957240_n.jpg

Physicists in California have discovered evidence of Majorana fermions, long-hypothesized particles that are their own antiparticles.
Scientists hope that in the future, their discovery will help manufacture more robust quantum computers.

Antimatter has been the staple of science fiction for decades, since physicist Paul Dirac suggested in the late 1920s that every particle has its antiparticle and that the pair annihilates in case of a collision, producing lots of energy.

A decade later Ettore Majorana hypothesized that there may be particles that serve as their own antiparticles.

For eight decades the existence of Majorana particles, or more precisely Majorana fermions, remained hypothetical, though there is strong evidence that neutrinos may be one.

But over the past few years advances in material science allowed several new experiments to find evidence of the such particles.

Now a team of scientists from the University of California and Stanford University led by Professor Shoucheng Zhang reports that they have found "smoking gun" evidence of Majorana fermions.

Their experiment, which is detailed in the Science magazine involves not a neutrino but rather more exotic "quasiparticles".

The team created an arrangement of two quantum material films, in which the exotic particles could be created.

"The top film was a superconductor. The bottom one was a topological insulator, which conducts current only along its surface or edges but not through its middle. Putting them together created a superconducting topological insulator, where electrons zip along two edges of the material's surface without resistance, like cars on a superhighway," Stanford University explained in the press release.

Such an arrangement forced electrons to flow in one direction along one edge of the surface, while electrons on the opposite edge moved in a different direction.

Swiping a magnet over the stack allowed scientists to control the flow of the electrons and eventually discover the subatomic particle they have been looking for.

"At certain points in this cycle, Majorana quasiparticles emerged, arising in pairs out of the superconducting layer and traveling along the edges of the topological insulator just as the electrons did," the press release said.

"The quasiparticles they observed are essentially excitations in a material that behave like Majorana particles," Stanford physics Professor Giorgio Gratta pointed out. "But they are not elementary particles and they are made in a very artificial way in a very specially prepared material."

The team suggested calling the fermion they discovered the "angel particle," named after a matter-antimatter time bomb found in Dan Brown's thriller, "Angels and Demons."

While the discovery is not translating immediately into a practical application, the team hopes that their research will help building more reliable quantum computers in the distant future.

"Majorana fermions could be used to construct robust quantum computers that aren't thrown off by environmental noise, which has been a big obstacle to their development," the statement reads.

The study of Majorana quasiparticles may also help scientists researching neutrinos better plan their experiments aimed at establishing whether the neutrino behaves as a Majorana fermion.

Self-transcendence:
The art of achieving seemingly impossible
goals
by
focusing on a purpose greater than yourself

Cindy Lamothe
Wed, 12 Jul 2017

Want to become your best self? Then stop thinking about yourself so much.​

In July 2011, I was crawling down the aisle of a plane on my hands and knees while passengers screamed around me.
We were on a flight from Spain to the US, and we thought our number was up.

The plane had hit a bout of extreme turbulence just as I'd left the restroom, causing the aircraft to shake violently.
Nearby flight attendants were also slammed to the ground.

The lights flickered, and food trays flew across the aisles.

I was frozen with panic; I felt as if I were watching the entire episode happen from outside my body.
It was, without a doubt, one of the most surreal and terrifying moments I've experienced to date.

Then two young women in the back of the aisle began to sob hysterically.
"Please! I don't want to die!" one said.

Without thinking, I lifted myself from the floor of the plane and took their hands into my own icy palms.
In a firm, calm voice, I told them that everything would be okay.

And I kept saying that until the plane stopped shaking.

Transcending our limitations

Years later, I'm still struck by how I was able to move beyond my own fear so I could comfort two strangers.
Where did that courage come from?

And more importantly, how can I harness it in other areas of my life?

According to Brad Stulberg and Steve Magness, who write about the accomplishments of elite athletes in their new book PeakPerformance, there's a simple phenomenon that allows people to overcome their fears and limitations: a concept called self-transcendence.

While researching their book, Stulberg and Magness interviewed countless scientists and world-renowned athletes.
They found that people who exhibited this kind of "superhuman" strength were able to do so only when they chose to focus on a purpose greater than themselves.

Take the story of American long-distance runner Jennifer Pharr Davis who in 2011 achieved a new record by becoming the first woman to hike the Appalachian Trail in less than 50 days: 46 days, 11 hours, and 20 minutes, to be precise.

An avid hiker, Davis and her husband, Brew, had spent three years preparing for their ascent.
But they couldn't have predicted the severe physical toll it would take on their bodies.

An onset of shin splints and diarrhea left Pharr Davis frayed and psychologically distressed two weeks into their climb.
On her fourth day of severe discomfort, she finally caved and told her husband she was quitting.

But her husband wasn't having it.
He looked into her eyes on that New Hampshire road and reminded her of everything he had given up so that they could climb together as a team.

It was in that moment that Davis realized she'd been spending the hike focusing only on herself.

As a result of this revelation, Davis began to see her action in a profound spiritual context.
"I wanted to honor my God, to get back to the reasons that got me hooked on hiking to begin with—a love for the wilderness, a love for my husband, and to use my gift," she said.

Despite her physical discomfort, she began hiking with a renewed sense of purpose—leading her to eventually shatter the previous record by 26 hours and earning her the title of National Geographic Adventurer of the Year.

Think big

Stulberg and Magness refer to this paradigm shift as "ego minimization."
They point to a recent study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, where researchers used fMRI scans to see what happens inside the brain of people presented with threatening messages.

Prior to their evaluation, each participant was asked to first reflect on their core values.
What the scientists discovered is somewhat surprising: The part of the brain associated with "positive valuations" showed heightened neural activity when participants read the threatening messages.

Though it sounds counterintuitive, instead of shutting down, their brains actually moved toward a challenge when faced with a threat.

Perhaps this can explain how I was able to overcome my fear all those years ago.
My core belief in the importance of being of service to others allowed me to unfreeze from the floor of the plane.

By minimizing my ego, I was able to detach myself from the situation and take action.

But self-transcendence isn't necessarily limited to helping others.
Sometimes it can be motivated by the pursuit of a higher ideal.

In the 1997 film, Gattaca, for example, we learn early on that Ethan Hawkes' character, Vincent, has always dreamt of going into space.
Yet because of a rare heart condition, he is repeatedly told he never will.

Even his brother, Anton, who is the genetically superior brother, underestimates his abilities.
Towards the end of the movie, however, Vincent beats his brother at their childhood game of "Chicken" in the ocean, wherein both swim out as far as they can and the first to come back to shore loses.

An incredulous Anton demands to know how he was able to win.
Vincent gives the perfect answer:

"You want to know how I did it? I never saved anything for the swim back."
In other words, his desire to move past societally imposed limitations allowed him to transcend even the fear of death.

As Stulberg and Magness write in their book, "A self-transcending purpose doesn't come from thin air. It comes from inside you."
Like Vincent, I too have had to swim in order to save my life.

When my older brother died unexpectedly in early 2004, I found myself floundering, unable to find my way back to shore.
For weeks after, I retreated into some of the darkest corners of myself, spending days without being able to eat or even leave my bed.

At the time, I was studying in a foreign country, and couldn't bear the thought of resuming my classes.

Yet the day I went to withdraw from school, I was approached by a kind professor.
He looked into my grief-eaten face with compassion and asked me to reconsider.

"You can honor your brother by finishing your studies," he said.

At that moment, I realized I had no choice but to transcend my despair.
I knew my brother would have wanted me to continue.

Although I didn't get better overnight, the idea that I could honor him gave me a renewed sense of purpose that saved me from drowning.

Service as a mindful choice

A wide body of research suggests that minimizing our focus on the self increases our motivation in less heroic, mundane activities as well.
An earlier study published in The Academy of Management Review found that hospital janitors who cleaned bedpans and mopped floors derived more meaning from their work when it was framed as helping patients heal.

By keeping the hospital clean, they were preventing vulnerable patients from getting sicker.

When we recognize that our actions are inextricably tied to the greater good, even unpleasant chores like taking out the trash or washing dishes become acts of mindfulness.

Zen monks have long internalized this lesson; they seek to achieve detachment through a spirit of selflessness.
In their daily Zen practice, activities like cooking and cleaning become their own form of meditation.

Thich Nhat Hanh explains that mindful living is an art:
"You do not have to be a monk or living in a monastery to practice mindfulness. You can practice it anytime, while driving your car or doing housework."

Ultimately, it's fitting that we are most capable of achieving great things when we manage to transcend ourselves.
Whether we're holding someone's hand on a plane or mopping floors here on earth, we're at our best when we recognize that the world is much bigger than us.

Please don’t bother waiting for the incredibly long and drawn out intro...
With the title words finally appearing looking as if they are blood splatters.
Anyhow, enjoy!

Carl Jung - Matter of Heart (1983)